urban2014

Equanimeous St. Brown 2020 Outlook

I want my wife to let me get a bird like this African bird Ruby so that when I have to go back to work she won’t miss me...

Posted (edited)

I have no idea,  what you are all talking about.  He is getting owned in Sleeper app.  That's it

Edited by urban2014

1 minute ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I want my wife to let me get a bird like this African bird Ruby so that when I have to go back to work she won’t miss me...

You have an African bird and she has a cock-a-two?

0PfMfYb.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, urban2014 said:

I have no idea,  what you are all talking about.  He is getting owner in Sleeper app.  That's it

What does that even mean?

1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

You have an African bird and she has a cock-a-two?

0PfMfYb.gif

Probably that’s why she wants to throw me in harms way and forcing me back to work

🤣🤣🤣

Posted (edited)

It means he is getting owned by a lot of teams 

Edited by urban2014

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Probably that’s why she wants to throw me in harms way and forcing me back to work

🤣🤣🤣

Don’t ever take out a big life insurance policy on yourself! 

😂😭✌️

Edited by PizzaBeerFF

2 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

He is ADP 360 in sleeper. That means in most 14-16 team leagues he's still undrafted.

Dude, stop thinking anyone is angry - personally I'm just curious. But at least now we're getting a discussion.

• Like 1

I am just starting a thread.  That's all

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

He is ADP 360 in sleeper. That means in most 14-16 team leagues he's still undrafted.

Dude, stop thinking anyone is angry - personally I'm just curious. But at least now we're getting a discussion.

Lighten up Francis. It is Friday night. Geese, tuff crowd. 

Sshhh 🤫

He's got a sweet nimeous. Last year's Rock Ya-Sin, or Montez Sweat, or maybe Greedy W. This year's Laviska Shenault. Good guys to reach for. Keep an eye out for Quintez Cephus and Yetur Gross-Matos. Big time sleepers in leagues where actual production counts.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Lighten up Francis. It is Friday night. Geese, tuff crowd. 

giphy.gif

Look, ESB is certainly interesting, or at least he was last season. But I remember Rodgers being very disappointed with the new kids and even Kumerow did better in that respect.

ESB is at least interesting because of his back story, the name, and of course for speaking German. If I remember correctly he was in some German sports tv show and did pretty well in German and even threw in some French.

Won't help him catch balls, but he's not dumb.

In any case, I think he's a legit sleeper and if there is a camp, he could be a guy that gets attention and breaks out.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

giphy.gif

Look, ESB is certainly interesting, or at least he was last season. But I remember Rodgers being very disappointed with the new kids and even Kumerow did better in that respect.

ESB is at least interesting because of his back story, the name, and of course for speaking German. If I remember correctly he was in some German sports tv show and did pretty well in German and even threw in some French.

Won't help him catch balls, but he's not dumb.

In any case, I think he's a legit sleeper and if there is a camp, he could be a guy that gets attention and breaks out.

I don't think he makes the team.

Adams. Funchess. Lazard. MVS. Kumerow. 

ESB is more likely to get cut than have fantasy value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

I don't think he makes the team.

Adams. Funchess. Lazard. MVS. Kumerow. 

ESB is more likely to get cut than have fantasy value.

I tuned out when I heard that this kid was refusing to play special teams before he had ever played an NFL snap.  ESB has done exactly nothing since to make me tune back in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Dont be a sheep, think for yourself.

Why are people owning him in the "sleeper app"

3 hours ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Sshhh 🤫

He's got a sweet nimeous. Last year's Rock Ya-Sin, or Montez Sweat, or maybe Greedy W. This year's Laviska Shenault. Good guys to reach for. Keep an eye out for Quintez Cephus and Yetur Gross-Matos. Big time sleepers in leagues where actual production counts.

Id take a dart on shenault but thats about it lmao 

I think he is saying they all have...unconventional names.

ESB has that name because his father, a successful body builder, designed an entire program to make his sons into star athletes, names included.  Father's last name is Brown.  I am not aware of any Saint Brown in the catholic canon.

The sons are basically the new Todd Marinoviches.  I sincerely hope their story ends better than Marinovich's, but so far it is not looking good.

13 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Do you own him? If so that's all that counts. Hope he does well for your team this season.

4 minutes ago, hard1 said:

He is better than lazard

But is he better than Reggie Begelton?

1 hour ago, hard1 said:

He is better than lazard

Then why did Lazard beat ESB out last year and get far more playing time?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Lazard is the second-best wideout on the team. I am honestly wondering who started this thread and why?

Edited by BMcP

Maybe it was Mr. Brown trying to drum up some buzz for his NFL playing son.

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Because ESB was injured before the season:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/31/packers-place-equanimeous-st-brown-on-season-ending-ir/

Despite optimism that his ankle injury wasn’t as serious as originally believed, the Green Bay Packers still placed second-year receiver Equanimeous St. Brown on injured reserve as they trimmed their roster to 53 players on Saturday.

Lazard was cut, but came back on the team a week later:

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2019/9/3/20848171/packers-te-jace-sternberger-goes-on-injured-reserve-wr-allen-lazard-called-up-to-53

To take Sternberger’s place on the active roster, the Packers have chosen to call up wide receiver Allen Lazard from the practice squad, according to The Athletic’s Matt Schneidman. Lazard was one of the team’s last cuts on Saturday, and he went unclaimed through waivers before signing to the squad on Sunday afternoon. 

• Like 1

Thanks for posting.  If you read the article, it is pretty clear that the IR designation for ESB was basically a procedural dodge to avoid cutting him.

They could have left him on the roster for one more day and then designated him for a return after 8 weeks.  But they didn't, apparently prefering Lazard instead.

Remember this is a Packers team that had essentially nothing at WR beyond Adams, and tried to play Adams on one leg.