urban2014

Equanimeous St. Brown 2020 Outlook

Damn not that I think this guy is the truth or anything but it is hilarious how much people judge a rookie WR after one season. This guy started the season on IR last year and actually played well in the opportunity he was given. I absolutely expect him to make the team and it is silly to pretend that any of the other WR's on the team are clearly better talents than him. Lazard did nothing his rookie year and barely outproduced St. Brown last season and didn't miss a game. Funchess is nothing but a big bodied red zone threat. Kumerow has never had more receiving yards in a season than St. Brown. MVS is a one trick pony deep threat and he and Kumerow are just as likely to be cut as St. Brown. There is absolutely a path to relevance here as he has some of the worst competition for WR2 on his team of any receiver group in the NFL. Way too early to write him off.

• Like 1

I agree that all WRs on GB are dreck with the exception of Adams.  If ESB can get healthy and get his head on straight, there is no one in his way to ascend to no. 2 status.  

But I don't see it happening.  ESB has had two training camp/preseasons to impress the GB CS, and, from what I can tell, he has not done so.  The Packers utter lack of quality WRs makes their failure to draft one or two this year all the more head scratching.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I agree that all WRs on GB are dreck with the exception of Adams.  If ESB can get healthy and get his head on straight, there is no one in his way to ascend to no. 2 status.  

But I don't see it happening.  ESB has had two training camp/preseasons to impress the GB CS, and, from what I can tell, he has not done so.  The Packers utter lack of quality WRs makes their failure to draft one or two this year all the more head scratching.

Source? 

4 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Source? 

When he got injured during the pre-season last year, they had 2 options:
- declare him IR before the final 53, which would mean he could never return in 2019
- include him in the 53, then declare him IR, which meant he could return during the season

They chose the first. Maybe that meant the injury was so serious they considered it necessary to rehab a full year, but maybe, just maybe, they just weren't that impressed with him. 

Perhaps. However the Packers WR 2 is still a mystery 

3 hours ago, urban2014 said:

It def is, Rodgers seems to like Lazard a bit and Kumerow keeps hanging around too, but it is why I really like investing in Sternberger at his cost.

We shall see, Training camp will decide that

@urban2014

You'll find that, in general, the source of my posts is my own analysis.

One of my fundamental principles for understanding football is that you CANNOT rely on what an NFL front office or CS says.

They may be releasing a statement to the public for negotiation purposes.  They may be trying to motivate a certain player or put a player on notice.  So they may have reasons, even valid ones, for their public statements.  That does not mean that those statements are true.

What an obstute observer can definitely rely on, however, is what teams do.  Actions speak louder than words.  So a team can puff up one of their own marginal players in the media all they want, but it comes down to what they actually do, not what they say.

And in ESB's case, the team put him on season-ending IR instead of the IR that a player can be recalled from after 8 games.  And I believe, although they did not say so, that the reason was that ESB was not important enough to the teams plans to use one of those two spots.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Does the Packers WR2 hold starting value?

6 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

Does the Packers WR2 hold starting value?

Probably not but could be a bye week filler.

19 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

It def is, Rodgers seems to like Lazard a bit and Kumerow keeps hanging around too, but it is why I really like investing in Sternberger at his cost.

Going into early drafts with the info we currently have. This ^ is the smartest approach. 

If I can't get Adams or Lazard, the only other Packers WR I might take a chance on is Devin Funchess. He's still only 26 but seems to be an afterthought after missing all of last season with the Colts due to a shoulder injury. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1