urban2014

Equanimeous St. Brown 2020 Outlook

11 hours ago, pikerbkb said:

I would argue he's the second most talented WR on that roster. Tall, fast, agile and runs good routes. Had good repoire with Rogers as well, before he got hurt. I'm stashing him where I can. 

Did the same.  Any league with IR spots, this is a no brainer guys.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pikerbkb said:

I would argue he's the second most talented WR on that roster. Tall, fast, agile and runs good routes. Had good repoire with Rogers as well, before he got hurt. I'm stashing him where I can. 

41 minutes ago, FUM said:

Did the same.  Any league with IR spots, this is a no brainer guys.

Stashed him yesterday IR slot everywhere I could. Agree with pikerbkb, after Adams, along with Bob Tonyon; Rogers seeks out guys he trusts. MVS just can’t get er’ done.

• Like 2

I primarily play dynasty and some of the guys trolled me a bit for constantly adding and dropping EQ the past couple seasons, his name doesn't help either. But it doesn't matter. His name could be Equanimeous Munson. The guy is a high upside stash in any format with the potential to be the WR2 in that offense which is humming right now. The guy has better hands than a remember and watch the crushing block at 3:50. The guy is underrated for sure.

Edited by pikerbkb
  • Like 2

Packers activate WR St. Brown

Green Bay activates WR Equanimeous St. Brown from reserve/injured

Oct 17, 2020 at 03:00 PM
  •  
  •  
  •  

201017-roster-moves-2560

Evan Siegle, packers.com
WR Equanimeous St. Brown

The Green Bay Packers activated WR Equanimeous St. Brown from reserve/injured; designated for return. The transaction was announced Saturday by General Manager Brian Gutekunst.

It’s happening! 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, OriolesMagic said:

Did he even practice this week?

Packers LB & WR Return to Practice From Injured Reserve

• 35.8K Views 
  • 5.8K Shares

• EQ Martin Return IR
    Getty Images

Wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown #19 of the Green Bay Packers and quarterback Aaron Rodgers #12 of the Green Bay Packers celebrate after a touchdown in the fourth quarter against the Los Angeles Rams at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on October 28, 2018 in Los Angeles, California.

The Green Bay Packers welcomed back rookie inside linebacker Kamal Martin and wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown to practice Monday from injured reserve, bringing each one closer to playing his first snaps of the 2020 season.

According to Matt Schneidman of The Athletic, the Packers designated both players to return from IR ahead of Week 6’s road game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and will now have a three-week window to activate them. No spaces will need to be cleared for them on the 53-man roster until they are activated.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, pikerbkb said:

This exactly and while his route running isn't as good as adams he is bigger faster and capable of yac

• Like 1

From what I understand he was placed on season ending IR in 2019 for one of two reasons; either the Packers were overly cautious with him and placed him on IR or they didn't think he was worth having on the team 2019. 

I'm wondering if anyone can provide insight as to his 2020 pre-season indicated whether either understanding is correct?

Rodgers likes him and he had a couple of good games before. However, AR connection with Tonyan is growing. EQ May have some decent games but you probably are only looking at the average 4-40 type games. 

1 hour ago, FrankGoresLeftHand said:

From what I understand he was placed on season ending IR in 2019 for one of two reasons; either the Packers were overly cautious with him and placed him on IR or they didn't think he was worth having on the team 2019. 

I'm wondering if anyone can provide insight as to his 2020 pre-season indicated whether either understanding is correct?

LaFleur praises intelligence, flexibility of Packers WR Equanimeous St. Brown

August 20, 2020 11:12 am ET

A year away from the football field gave Green Bay Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown a chance to master the playbook, and now coach Matt LaFleur has confidence that the third-year pass-catcher can play any receiver spot on the field.

LaFleur said St. Brown is “really intelligent” and knows the Packers playbook “inside and out” to start training camp.

“That gives you a lot of flexibility with him to be able to move him to different positions and just put him in different spots on the field,” LaFleur said Wednesday.

St. Brown hurt his ankle during the preseason last August and missed the entire 2019 season, stunting the start to his career. While he lost valuable on-field experience, St. Brown used the time away to master the mental side and gain comprehensive knowledge of LaFleur’s detailed playbook.

It didn’t go unnoticed.

“He knows the finer details, and I thought that was pretty impressive, especially since he missed all of last season,” LaFleur said. “So, I just think that flexibility gives us a tremendous weapon. And not to mention, he’s a long guy that’s got a really good catch radius, and he’s got really good speed.”

The flexibility will be important to St. Brown getting on the field in 2020. Being able to play any of the receiver positions, including on the perimeter and in the slot, should provide more opportunities in the passing game, especially if his knowledge of the playbook translates to another layer of trust with LaFleur and quarterback Aaron Rodgers, a leader who demands a mastery of the little things from his receivers.

• Thanks 1

I haven't really paid much attention since losing Lazard (when's he back, by the way?)...

...how much opportunity does this guy realistically have? Has MVS been holding his own?

I'd like to stash, but what's the ceiling with Adams and those other guys around?

• Like 1

Liked he got a few looks first game back... didn’t like he pissed Rodgers off on both attempts 

2 hours ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

Liked he got a few looks first game back... didn’t like he pissed Rodgers off on both attempts 

Agree always stay on rodgers good side but rodgers had a horrible game all around 2 looks didnt change that

• Like 1