Iron-cock

2020 Rotoworld Mock Real League

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Please tell me you're not one of those people who think there's nothing wrong with the current name.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/10/poll-of-native-americans-view-of-redskins-name-finds-proud-most-common-answer/

Cowboys vs The Red Tails has a better ring to it anyway.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Read this morning that they may go Red Wolves due to copyright issues with Red Tails and Warriors.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

The Redskins primary logo used today was first designed in 1971 in close consultation with Native American leaders. Among those who unanimously approved and voiced praise for the logo was Walter “Blackie” Wetzel, a former President of the National Congress of American Indians and Chairman of the Blackfeet Nation. Years earlier, Mr. Wetzel had been deeply involved with U.S. President John F. Kennedy in the movement for civil liberties, civil rights, and economic freedom for all. In 2014, Mr. Wetzel’s son Don commented, “It needs to be said that an Indian from the State of Montana created the Redskins logo, and did it the right way. It represents the Red Nation, and it’s something to be proud of.”

https://406mtsports.com/football/washington-redskins-logo-has-deep-connection-to-blackfeet-reservation-wetzel-family/article_7e919d9b-8e06-5218-8d86-d5c713ee3997.html

“When they were Super Bowl champions (twice in the 1980s), every time people looked at the Washington Redskins football helmet, they saw a person with a Native American profile on the shield on the side of the helmet, and that subliminally had an effect on those that were Native,” Ryan said. “Some of the people in other tribes are anti that image and consider it demeaning. I’ve never heard any elected tribal leader object to the use and image of the Washington Redskins.”

It is very satisfying to see a Native American on a professional football helmet,” he said. “Before that, our people had the privilege of Jim Thorpe, who was a giant in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. We were also happy to have the Indian head nickel. The thing is, the tribes were satisfied, and I never heard anyone (in the tribe) object to being an Indian, and never heard any objections to the use of logos like the Chicago Blackhawks. I've never heard any complaints from the tribe.”

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The Redskins primary logo used today was first designed in 1971 in close consultation with Native American leaders. Among those who unanimously approved and voiced praise for the logo was Walter “Blackie” Wetzel, a former President of the National Congress of American Indians and Chairman of the Blackfeet Nation. Years earlier, Mr. Wetzel had been deeply involved with U.S. President John F. Kennedy in the movement for civil liberties, civil rights, and economic freedom for all. In 2014, Mr. Wetzel’s son Don commented, “It needs to be said that an Indian from the State of Montana created the Redskins logo, and did it the right way. It represents the Red Nation, and it’s something to be proud of.”

The name was created in 1933 by notorious bigot George Marshall. It's the dictionary definition of racist.

I don't think there would be a problem if the logo, designed to honor Blackfeet Chief John "Two Guns" White Calf (same image used on Buffalo nickel) was accompanied by anything other than a racial slur.

1 hour ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Please tell me you're not one of those people

"Please tell me you don't have an opinion different than mine!"  That's not allowed!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

The name was created in 1933 by notorious bigot George Marshall. It's the dictionary definition of racist.

I don't think there would be a problem if the logo, designed to honor Blackfeet Chief John "Two Guns" White Calf (same image used on Buffalo nickel) was accompanied by anything other than a racial slur.

I don't care if they change the name but I have a backbone and believe you will never make everybody happy. 

In fairness though, the name Cowboys glorify's the massacre of countless native Americans and hence the name Cowboys should be changed so as not to glorify who and what the term cowboys represents. I believe the Dallas Dreamers would be much more appropriate for today social cultural warriors.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Everybody in 1933 was a racist by the "Current Year" definition.

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Thanks 1

Football, gentlemen, football. 

Mike Evans is an elite WR.  inconsistency is not a feature of his game, it's was a result of unreliable and inefficient quarterback play. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, predator_05 said:

Football, gentlemen, football. 

Mike Evans is an elite WR.  inconsistency is not a feature of his game, it's was a result of unreliable and inefficient quarterback play. 

How about that YAC tho?

🇺🇲

7 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

"Please tell me you don't have an opinion different than mine!"  That's not allowed!

Redskins being a racial slur is an opinion?

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Read this morning that they may go Red Wolves due to copyright issues with Red Tails and Warriors.

They should go with the Wolfpack.  Yeah I know there is a college team named the Wolfpack. but they should go with that and buy the rights to the logo and colors from the WWE for the wrestling Wolfpack.  Everyone would be happy, and what better team mascot for DC since Wolves prey on sheep?

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Redskins being a racial slur is an opinion?

I don't argue politics anymore with the other side since they do so in bad faith.  I just make fun of them or say f--- you.  There is no point in debating with a cultural revolutionary. 

Go ahead, genocide the Indians out of NFL in the name of "anti-racism".  It's amusing on some level.   

5 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

They should go with the Wolfpack.  Yeah I know there is a college team named the Wolfpack. but they should go with that and buy the rights to the logo and colors from the WWE for the wrestling Wolfpack.  Everyone would be happy, and what better team mascot for DC since Wolves prey on sheep?

I saw some awesome fanart with Redwolves that would also be great for wolfpack. 

I mean, way to move into the 21st century. That's an awesome logo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Ill take my guy cooper kupp, @bhawks489

In the meantime, not to distract you guys too much, but shall we move on with the draft?

2 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I saw some awesome fanart with Redwolves that would also be great for wolfpack. 

I mean, way to move into the 21st century. That's an awesome logo.

That is pretty good.  Needs some upper teeth though, I wouldn't want a mascot that needs a retainer.

• Haha 1

I should mention I hate all team name and logo changes.  I don't like the Washington Wizards, I hated when the Browns were gone, The Hornets, etc. 

Just now, Iron-cock said:

I should mention I hate all team name and logo changes.  I don't like the Washington Wizards, I hated when the Browns were gone, The Hornets, etc. 

You're just saying that because you support the New York Titans.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

You're just saying that because you support the New York Titans.

See, I'm a bit young for that, but I liked the Jets uniform change in 97 back to the old 60's uniforms.  

Edit:  Although the Titans did have cooler uniforms...and it's a better name.  Plus Jets..9/11.

F it, the Jets should be the Titans, Tennessee should have the change their teams name.  Ideally to something not offensive, like the Confederates.

Edited by Iron-cock

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

See, I'm a bit young for that, but I liked the Jets uniform change in 97 back to the old 60's uniforms.  

BTW In general I support you if we're talking about teams being moved around, having random name changes, the Washing Nationals being the Montreal Expos, the Oakland Los Angeles Oakland Las Vegas Raiders, the San Francisco 49ers now basically being the San Jose 49ers. As a Dutchie, the idea of my Ajax playing an hour away in bloody Rotterdam, or changing their name to Achilles... that would be sacrilege. Worse than sacrilege. It would be the end.

As fans we want our teams to be the one stable thing in our life - we can have many women in our life, jobs, places to live, but we generally have only one football team we support. For our team to cheat on us... that hurts more than when your significant other stabs you in the back. I get it.

In this particular case though I am the cultural revolutionary. Go Redwolves.

@bhawks489, save us and make your pick, fast :)

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1

Round 2

1-Iron-Cock - Jonathan Taylor, RB - IND
2-predator_05 - Mike Evans, WR TB
3-CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast - Kenyan Drake, RB ARI
4-MrBlonde1984 - Aaron Jones, RB GB
5-DocJ - Travis Kelce, TE KC
6-ToO_BaD - Chris Godwin, WR TB
7-Br0kenB - Deandre Hopkins, WR ARI
8-hockeyfan77 - Patrick Mahomes, QB KC
9-Winky - Lamar Jackson, QB BAL
10-Boudewijn - Kenny Golladay, WR - DET
11-1972Miamidolphins - Cooper Kupp, WR - LAR
12-bhawks489 @bhawks489 OTC
13-DerrickHenrysCleats - On Deck
14-FFCollusion

36 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I don't argue politics anymore with the other side since they do so in bad faith.  I just make fun of them or say f--- you.  There is no point in debating with a cultural revolutionary. 

Go ahead, genocide the Indians out of NFL in the name of "anti-racism".  It's amusing on some level.   

Well Indians are from India - so you may not have to worry about that.....

Just now, ToO_BaD said:

Well Indians are from India - so you may not have to worry about that.....

That’s ok, the Native Americans were likely from the Caucuses or Siberia.  

how tf can yall let me get adams and hop

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

how tf can yall let me get adams and hop

We like you.

tenor.gif