sSektor

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

I also didn't mention how I benched him in the 'ship and he went for 116 yards and a TD. 2nd place aint so bad I guess lol.

This was accomplished by his FB Blocking James Develin.

Patriots have NEVER been able to run the ball successfully without being in an i-formation and a legit blocking Fullback.

25 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

damn thanks for the video of his first preseason snaps as a rookie that was sick 

Sarcasm? If you've got better analysis than just a hope and prayer, I'd love to hear it. 

I try not to invest in the Pats backfield, but an end of the bench stash is fine. Anyone who thinks they know what they have (good or bad) because of Cam's past, or Belichick's past, or because CMC did whatever, or yada yada was seen on film, is probably overthinking it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Patriots have NEVER been able to run the ball successfully without being in an i-formation and a legit blocking Fullback.

*with Sony Michel

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A wise add particularly if you have a Patriot homer in your league.  This kid will get a shot to takeover (lest Cam be pureed into a patriot pulp by Week 7) and will flash some potential.  That will be the moment to Sell High*

*based on your definition of Sell High of course 😎 

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

But Harris is no CMC. 🙂

Nonetheless, I have him stashed where I can.

Yea, don't mean to say they are the same player, just saying that the argument that a RB is worthless with Cam running around doesn't hold water.

5 hours ago, pdizzle710 said:

For those really in need of a RB the time to pick up is now:

That's a pretty swaggy post. He been hangin out with Cam? 😂

Looking forward to what he can do in this backfield w Cam. Both are very tough/physical runners. Going to be hard to stop at the goal line (Cam alone already is).

6 hours ago, pdizzle710 said:

For those really in need of a RB the time to pick up is now:

Harris knows this backfield is his when hes back. Through 2 weeks Sony and Burkhead havent been able to do NADAAAAAAA. Harris will run with Authority. Absolutely nothing to lose! Lets go gawd damnit! NOWS your time! Take it!!! 

• Like 4

I keep telling myself this offense can't look the same as it did with Brady as it does with Cam.

Remember Tolbert in '12-'13?  I think that's the ceiling here personally.  Which ain't bad.

This ain't a high ankle sprain.

This ain't a strained MCL/PCL

This ain't a concussy.

This ain't a wonky hammy.

This ain't a clavicle, shoulder, sternum, hernia, toe, quad.

This ain't that bitch of a mistress Liz Frank.

It's a pinky. A PINKY. Soon as that pinky is fully healed...

Well just plug me in just like I was [Damien] Harris
You're eatin' crazy cheeze like you would think I'm from Paris
You know I get fly, you think I get high
You know that I'm gone and I'm 'a tell you all why...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Should get his share of looks and be a decent play.

Dude was just dropped in my league for a warm body play tomorrow... Been waiting. Hoping a flash in the pan on waivers hits tomorrow so I can scoop him (no FAAB, I know...) easier. Literally thought this 30 minutes ago and whaddaya know I check again two min ago and it happened. Looking forward to him!

Edited by Ffguy0087

14 minutes ago, herschel said:

Can’t believe all the hype about a pats rb....

Yeah... because, you know... the Pats haven't changed a bit in the last half year or so.

4 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Yeah... because, you know... the Pats haven't changed a bit in the last half year or so.

They definitely have, but they’re not suddenly not going to use sony, white and burkhead.

45 minutes ago, herschel said:

They definitely have, but they’re not suddenly not going to use sony, white and burkhead.

Sony is getting phased out tho... White didn't even play last week and he got a whopping 7 rushing attempts... All the reports out of Pre-season was he was by far the best looking runningback and can not only run up the middle, can also catch the ball out of the backfield. I'm not saying hes goin to be a RB1, but he could be a Solid RB2/High ceiling flex play.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, White not playing last week and now this week (prayers to him and his family - always bigger than football) leaves us with greater uncertainty of how that backfield will look. I’m sure JW’s always going to have his pass-catching role, but some believed he was gonna be the one who benefits most this season from having Cam behind Center. What if JW played weeks 2&3 and had very good back to back games? We would prob be more concerned of Damien Harris’ role for Fantasy purposes

4 hours ago, herschel said:

Can’t believe all the hype about a pats rb....

25 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

Don't fall for it.

bill belichick gifs | WiffleGif

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Jlec93 said:

“Sony is getting phased out tho... White didn't even play last week and he got a whopping 7 rushing attempts... All the reports out of Pre-season was he was by far the best looking runningback and can not only run up the middle, can also catch the ball out of the backfield. I'm not saying hes going to be a RB1, but he could be a Solid RB2/High ceiling flex play.”

Yeah, the counter seems akin to something like: the Patriots have any number of great every down ‘backs & they rotate them just for the hell of it....could be wrong, but my understanding is that they deploy more of a committee because they DON’T have that player. Going back to last season & to this point this year, everything we’ve seen & read suggests Harris is the closest thing they have to a volume ‘back.  Reportedly, Michel has today to make the case for himself. There’s also the manner in which they’ve been utilized, they all factor on ST, Harris the exception. That’s been considered a factor in Harris often being a healthy scratch. If that’s true or still true, it wouldn’t seem to make a lot of sense that they’d activate him for something like 7 or 8 touches. Could be the opposite, should they activate Harris, it could be one of the others that sits, allowing them to activate a young LB or another player?