sSektor

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

Does Cam vulturing all the rushing tds change his ROS outlook? It’s a RBBC already and now splitting touches with Sony, Rex, James White, and Cam. 

He’s sitting on my wire in a shallow league and nobody wants him, even to IR him. 

10 minutes ago, CooL said:

Does Cam vulturing all the rushing tds change his ROS outlook? It’s a RBBC already and now splitting touches with Sony, Rex, James White, and Cam. 

He’s sitting on my wire in a shallow league and nobody wants him, even to IR him. 

Yeah, he has almost no value in 12 team leagues. Even if he gets healthy and wins the starting job he would just be a slightly more efficient version of Michel.

45 minutes ago, dave.zavala89 said:

whens he expected to be back? next week?

It's the Pats/BB, so who really knows? Shoot, nobody had any idea that there center had a busted up snapping hand until Fri...they keep this info extremely tight lipped.

I feel like the nature of the injury surely gives him a solid shot at being back though, in deeper leagues I think he's a worthy stash and see.

12 minutes ago, CooL said:

You'd think they would at least make the appearance of somewhat diversifying the red zone packages if they had a halfway competent RB on the roster. Unless they want a repeat of the last play of the Seattle game over and over again for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

You'd think they would at least make the appearance of somewhat diversifying the red zone packages if they had a halfway competent RB on the roster. Unless they want a repeat of the last play of the Seattle game over and over again for the rest of the season. 

Great, so he’s a decoy! Sign me up!

Can we all agree this offense looks different than it has with Brady? If Damien is a quality back, he has a shot at being the lead dog with the competition he faces. There's possible value. All we can do it stash and wait and see. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, pdizzle710 said:

For those really in need of a RB the time to pick up is now:

A guy doesn't make a post like this if he sucks donkey balls.  I'm in.

• Haha 5

if anyone is watching the pats games, these guys (michel, rex, taylor, etc) are just not going to go away.  im sure harris will probably have a 3 td game one week, but guessing that week will be like winning the lottery.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, herschel said:

if anyone is watching the pats games, these guys (michel, rex, taylor, etc) are just not going to go away.  im sure harris will probably have a 3 td game one week, but guessing that week will be like winning the lottery.

This puts to bed any concern Cam is going to take all the rushing work. 

On 9/27/2020 at 3:14 PM, herschel said:

My SWAG will be the odds are better against KC, Bal, Hou, AZ and LAR.

Any game where they want to play keep away from the opposing offense and pound the rock.  

Probably starts out as a full blown committee, but ultimately you got to think talent wins out in the long term where consistently grabs a largershare of the backfield week over week.

After yesterday I'm interested in grabbing a piece of this backfield. Harris will get some run. Maybe he turns out to be dynamic. They would not shy away from feeding him. 

I believe Harris is a better, harder runner and can break tackles... unlike Sony, and I'm very excited to see him.

That said, I believe All 4 of these back will be a factor. Michel, Harris Burkhead and White so I will be trying to sell Harris while he still has some hype before he comes back ....No way Belichick wont use all the backs making it all a further headache

1 hour ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I believe Harris is a better, harder runner and can break tackles... unlike Sony, and I'm very excited to see him.

That said, I believe All 4 of these back will be a factor. Michel, Harris Burkhead and White so I will be trying to sell Harris while he still has some hype before he comes back ....No way Belichick wont use all the backs making it all a further headache

spacer.png

• Haha 5

On 8/26/2020 at 7:01 PM, PizzaBeerFF said:

Or Rex. I know that isn’t a popular thing to say. But he does run well inside the tackles, and has good pass catching abilities. If he is in the game there is no projection. D has to be honest. He also has been here a couple seasons. 🤔

Hmmmm.... 🤔

The Raiders run defense is awful. I am not expecting Michel and 30 y/o Burkhead to run like that the rest of the way. You would think that BB would adjust how they use Cam as a runner to better protect him for the season. There are def value here with Harris.

• Like 3

On 9/27/2020 at 12:31 PM, TTo34 said:

A guy doesn't make a post like this if he sucks donkey balls.  I'm in.

A lot of donkey ball suckers would make exactly a post like this. 

officially sold myself to start a hype train looking back at old training camp reports from beat writers due to the desperation of finding a solid RB off the waivers. won't cost anything but a flier.

Pros: Alabama product, runs hard, solid hands. 

Cons: RBBC, Belli, Cam Newton 

Damien Harris: Harris started the 11-on-11 reps by tearing through a gaping hole on a simple dive play and going untouched for what likely would have been a touchdown. Even with Sony Michel back out on the practice field, Harris took almost all the first-team reps.

• Like 1

Clearly the Patriots saw a weakness in the Raiders run defense and exploited it. They're the 2nd worst run defense in league. Sony Michel has been known to have a few outburst games but then completely disappears and goes 15 carries for 30 yards. Part of the hype on Damien Harris is that he was showing all-around ability in training camp...as a rusher, pass catcher, and blocker. And Belicheck falls for backs who can do it all, more than anything. That's why I wouldn't be too worried that Harris won't still get his chance. I don't think Belicheck is in love with Sony. We don't know how long James White will be out after the loss of his dad and injuries to his mom. I think Burkhead is the back to be most worried about. He looked good.

But Harris has a path to touches and these comments from RB coach Ivan Fears should reveal that.

"I'm really excited about having Damien back if we can get him back. I think we're all kind of anxious to see what he will do when it's truly go time. Everything he's shown has been outstanding."

As for the backfield as a whole, Fears said, "Things sort of take care of themselves when it comes to who’s available and who’s not available, or who’s performing, who’s not performing. You’ve got to perform, you’ve got to perform in practice, and we take the best of the lot if everybody happens to be available"

Might not need to be eased in, either. Didn't have any lower body injuries, just a broken pinky finger.