sSektor

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

Speaking of Sony...that had to be the ugliest 100yd game ever. Lol. 

I alternate between thinking he is a league-winning stud to be, and thinking he is a handcuff to the handcuff’s handcuff.

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I alternate between thinking he is a league-winning stud to be, and thinking he is a handcuff to the handcuff’s handcuff.

I think he's a guy you hold at the end of your bench to see what he turns into. After what Sony looked like Sunday, I'd expect Harris to start by usurping his role. I know the boxscore watchers look at Sony's 9-117 and think he did great. I even read a fantasy "expert" say he was explosive. Lol...no...no he wasn't. Michel looked so slow. He got walked down by the entire Raiders defense on both runs, and if he had any speed at all, he would have scored both times. If Burkhead had been the one to get those two carries...gone. The competition for Harris, imho, will be Burkhead. White will get his role back as soon as he returns this season.

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I think he's a guy you hold at the end of your bench to see what he turns into. After what Sony looked like Sunday, I'd expect Harris to start by usurping his role. I know the boxscore watchers look at Sony's 9-117 and think he did great. I even read a fantasy "expert" say he was explosive. Lol...no...no he wasn't. Michel looked so slow. He got walked down by the entire Raiders defense on both runs, and if he had any speed at all, he would have scored both times. If Burkhead had been the one to get those two carries...gone. The competition for Harris, imho, will be Burkhead. White will get his role back as soon as he returns this season.

😂 Just saw both of his "breakaway" runs and the dude is so damn slow. I wonder what his 40-yard dash speed was because he legit has 0 acceleration. Got caught up to by the trailing linebackers each time lol

Edited by TheBoondocks
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

The competition for Harris, imho, will be Burkhead. White will get his role back as soon as he returns this season.

What will happen on the second drive?

• Like 1

So many RBs in that backfield... Burkhead, Michel, White...

I was encouraged when I saw Michel not being able to do much of anything. And it sounds like his 117 yard game against the Raiders was a fluke. So I do think he's a hold. I just feel like it's gonna be a headache trying to figure out which NE RB is going to go off each week. But the position is so shallow that Harris is worth a hold.

Best case scenario is that he wins the early down and goal line work role... Cam isn't gonna take it in from the 1 every time is he?

29 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

😂 Just saw both of his "breakaway" runs and the dude is so damn slow. I wonder what his 40-yard dash speed was because he legit has 0 acceleration. Got caught up to by the trailing linebackers each time lol

he did look super slow. think he got 4.4 ish then 4.6. 

Only a stash in 14 team leagues or those with extra bench spots. Just not seeing much upside for an unproven Patriots' early down thumper. Cam is vulturing them goal line tuddy's and we already know Harris is getting virtually no love in the passing game. 

13 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Only a stash in 14 team leagues or those with extra bench spots. Just not seeing much upside for an unproven Patriots' early down thumper. Cam is vulturing them goal line tuddy's and we already know Harris is getting virtually no love in the passing game. 

Not true. He’s a stash on my bench in my 12-team with 8 bench slots :). The upside is he stands out in practice and eventually on the field and separates himself from Michel and Burk. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Not true. He’s a stash on my bench in my 12-team with 8 bench slots :). The upside is he stands out in practice and eventually on the field and separates himself from Michel and Burk. 

But there's very little upside to that role even if he wins. Michel is a weak RB3, extremely doubtful that Damien Harris is able to elevate the same role to a more productive place. A guy like Anthony McFarland is a much better stash. Behind a seriously injury prone lead back in a system that feeds rushers all sorts of touches.

Edited by Jetdog16

12 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

But there's very little upside to that role even if he wins. Michel is a weak RB3, extremely doubtful that Damien Harris is able to elevate the same role to a more productive place. A guy like Anthony McFarland is a much better stash. Behind a seriously injury prone lead back in a system that feeds rushers all sorts of touches.

Anthony MacFarland is owned, but I disagree about him being a better stash anyway. I guess I could drop him for Gus or Gio or Barber...I just threw up in my mouth a little. And as for upside...the upside is he can eventually get the carries Sony received in his first two seasons...along with the ability to catch the ball. And if he doesn’t pan out, so be it.

• Like 1

Just now, Flyman75 said:

Anthony MacFarland is owned, but I disagree about him being a better stash anyway. I guess I could drop him for Gus or Gio or Barber...I just threw up in my mouth a little. And as for upside...the upside is he can eventually get the carries Sony received in his first two seasons...along with the ability to catch the ball. And if he doesn’t pan out, so be it.

Harris is unlikely to match Michel's early-career production -- at least not this year. New England has even more RB's in their confusing stable than ever, plus Cam is siphoning off even more touches. James White and Newton are the only Pats rushers you can count on in fantasy ROS. Personally, I'd roster Boston Scott, McFarland, Gus Edwards and Reggie Bonnafon. I agree that Harris is more likely to outright win the job than these guys, but the role Harris would win won't be special. All the guys I listed above would most likely put up good numbers if inserted into the lineup due to injury. 

Harris is going to run through KC

11 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Is he even going to be activated from IR? They have a full backfield and 21 days to do it. 

8 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Is he even going to be activated from IR? They have a full backfield and 21 days to do it. 

He’s already been activated. 

11 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

He’s already been activated. 

Or maybe not. He was shown as activated on FleaFlicker earlier, but now he’s shown as IRD. 

52 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

If given the opportunity, perhaps. But White, Burkhead, and Michel are all looking to be active and get some touches. How many times do you think they're going to run as a team?

It'll be interesting to see if Michel were to get listed as inactive with Harris back - then things could be more interesting.

• Like 1

Holding on IR -  I think he is in line for a real productive second half of the season.

1 hour ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Harris is not an early down thumper though? He can do everything...

Might be true but he will not be asked to do everything. James White's pass catching role isn't going anywhere.

• Like 1

I stashed on IR, got to get all my adds/drops in before he gets activated because then I'm locked unless I do something with him.  Kind of hoping to leave him on IR and see how it shakes out.  Tough thing is we surely can't expect workhorse level in his first game back - as if that ever happens in New England.  So evaluation will be difficult.

I agree that this backfield can produce good rushing stats-  but that's collectively as a group.  We've seen time and time again that it's like the lottery with this backfield.  Even James White has been a huge disappointment in the games he's played.

• Like 1