sSektor

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

Michel added to injury report.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, CooL said:

I stashed on IR, got to get all my adds/drops in before he gets activated because then I'm locked unless I do something with him.  Kind of hoping to leave him on IR and see how it shakes out.  Tough thing is we surely can't expect workhorse level in his first game back - as if that ever happens in New England.  So evaluation will be difficult.

I agree that this backfield can produce good rushing stats-  but that's collectively as a group.  We've seen time and time again that it's like the lottery with this backfield.  Even James White has been a huge disappointment in the games he's played.

It has actually happened quite often in NE. 

If Sony Michel is their guy, that’s great. They drafted him in the 1st rd, stay the course. But for god sake could they please move Harris to a team that wants to run the football? 

12 career yards. And yet my season is so detailed now I need him.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, CooL said:

I stashed on IR, got to get all my adds/drops in before he gets activated because then I'm locked unless I do something with him.  Kind of hoping to leave him on IR and see how it shakes out.  Tough thing is we surely can't expect workhorse level in his first game back - as if that ever happens in New England.  So evaluation will be difficult.

I agree that this backfield can produce good rushing stats-  but that's collectively as a group.  We've seen time and time again that it's like the lottery with this backfield.  Even James White has been a huge disappointment in the games he's played.

Well to be fair to White, a lot of his fantasy success came from check down passes from Brady so it's hard to fault him for being a little out of sync with his new QB. With the tragic event involving his parents recently, I'm more curious to see where his head is at during games. Might be tough all year to keep his mind off that. 

6 hours ago, pushaZ said:

12 career yards. And yet my season is so detailed now I need him.

It could be worse. I couldn't even get him. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I’ve been considering Harris since training camp, even convinced myself at one point he could run away with the job and be a high value fantasy asset. After three weeks of watching my hometown team I no longer believe that to be the case.

It’s not that I don’t think Harris has the ability or potential to be a lead RB, it’s more so that I don’t think Belichick wants, or thinks in terms of having a “lead RB”. If Harris can contribute he certainly will, but only in the same manner as Michel, Burkhead, White, and now even Taylor. Michel just had a 100 yard game in a week that many thought was a “prove it” week. Burkhead just had a 3 TD performance. White, whose role is arguably the most consistent of all Patriot RBs, is just now returning to play his role as receiving RB. Yes, Michel just popped up on the injury report (quad, limited) so for this week there may be one less RB competing for touches. But the guy who just had 3 TDs is still there, and James White may have a huge role vs KC in his first game back.

So, even if Harris is able to somehow make Michel a forgotten man, Belichick is most definitely going to continue making use of Burkhead and White which severely caps the upside of all NE RBs. It will be an unpredictable rotation like it always has been. To make matters worse, the Pats now use Cam Newton as the goal line back, so even the “Lagarette Blount role” is no longer up for grabs.

I just don’t see a realistic path for Harris to become a consistent high value fantasy contributor on this offense, despite potentially having the ability to be one.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I just have to say the fact that instead of being attributed to Shakespeare we're attaching this quote to Molly Ringwald's dad from Pretty in Pink is as endemic a sign of internet culture as I can conjure.

Well, I'm on my phone and the only pics I can post are under 54 KB (whatever that means) so I have to use the pictures within those parameters so while I wished it to be it was not to be an homage to Bill Shakespeare.

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Well, I'm on my phone and the only pics I can post are under 54 KB (whatever that means) so I have to use the pictures within those parameters so while I wished it to be it was not to be an homage to Bill Shakespeare.

bf2dc90227b34d3bf1b3196337b043e8.jpg

You are entitled to two more wishes. One of those wishes must be that Damien Harris runs away with this backfield.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is this guy the last sleeper that could be a jackpot? 

Thinking of just trading for him now. Just for the potential. 

Michel sucks. Bulkhead will get injured. 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Is this guy the last sleeper that could be a jackpot? 

Thinking of just trading for him now. Just for the potential. 

Michel sucks. Bulkhead will get injured. 

RB is thin this year so you can't rule anyone out but of all the flyers he has by far the most in his way to become fantasy relevant. I just don't see it happening. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 2

Decent gamble player if your league has a couple IR spots. Just stash him on IR and see what he starts looking like. If the training camp reports were accurate, he could end up in a Taylor situation where he gets 15-20 snaps a game in a run heavy offense, but 10-15 other snaps go to 2-3 guys behind him. Not bad for a season thin on RBs.

3 hours ago, brosephd said:

has he been activated or anything/confirmed to play sunday.

I haven’t seen anything. Rotoworld’s blurb said he was activated but I think they’re just saying that because he started practicing, which is wrong. Because with the IR-R thing can’t guys start practicing with the team before the team has to make the decision to activate them? Pretty sure that was the case last year, although I know IR rules were tweaked this year.

Posted (edited)

(14 hrs ago) Harris (finger) took part in all three practices this week but has yet to be activated off IR-R by the Patriots, Zack Cox of NESN.com reports.

Harris is eligible to return to action this week after missing the Patriots' first three games, but the team has until Saturday afternoon to make a call on his Week 4 status. Whether New England elects to activate Harris in advance of Sunday's game against the Chiefs could well hinge on whether it's felt that Sony Michel will be able to play through a quad injury that has him listed a questionable this week. Harris had a strong training camp before suffering his finger injury and has a chance to make an impact in New England's backfield down the road, but with James White, Rex Burkhead and J.J. Taylor also in the mix, his initial path to carries is muddled.

Edited by nonstopfan

Good thing he wasn’t activated prior to this postponement. We can keep him in the IR slot if the game is rescheduled beyond this week

The IR return thing really hasn't been changed, just not limited to 1 or 2 players anymore. They have to spend 3 weeks on IR at a minimum, but when they are deemed well enough to practice (IE designated for return) then the team has a 3 week window to officially return them to the active roster or they revert back to IR for the remainder of the season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LAeagle said:

Why is he still listed as IR-R on yahoo? 

Because he hasn't been activated off IR yet?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

Because he hasn't been activated off IR yet?

So no go tonight?