sSektor

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, yossarian said:

wait--is somebody actually going to start this guy tonight if...IF he's activated off the IR the day of the game?

My team got burnt to a crisp.

RB depth of: Barkley, Conner, Mostert, McKinnon, Hyde, Harris.

Right now I've picked up Jamaal Williams to start out of desperation, but I think I'm leaning for the home run play of Harris. He could also get like 2 carries for -2 yards in a game the Chiefs are likely to dominate. But yeah. Its rough out there. 

Better long term stash than players like Hill, J. Williams, etc?

Just now, vthokie3 said:

Better long term stash than players like Hill, J. Williams, etc?

Yes. Probably not a Stash. Sony just got put on the IR. 

9 minutes ago, brosephd said:

and Sony on IR. LET GO

For all of those that held onto him:

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What’s the story behind this guy? Just came in here since i have James white 

have someone i might drop for him tonight just before the game 

3 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

What’s the story behind this guy? Just came in here since i have James white 

have someone i might drop for him tonight just before the game 

preseason hype getting 1st team reps. from alabama so owners like me who are thin at rb hoping and praying we got a jacobs, henry, ingram albeit long shot. 

7 minutes ago, brosephd said:

preseason hype getting 1st team reps. from alabama so owners like me who are thin at rb hoping and praying we got a jacobs, henry, ingram albeit long shot. 

Thank you i appreciate that, might just drop gostkowski and grab him minutes before the game. 

Posted (edited)

Very happy to acquire him... only question will be how will his role shape up when the ultimate RZ vulture (Cam returns).

Edited by Jubanton

Posted (edited)

What's his value?  They have Rex, J White, etc...Cam will run...anyone have an idea of his floor and ceiling in the next 2 weeks and then in the whole season?  [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

Posted (edited)

COVID Newton might disappear altogether like Ryquell Armstead did. I hope that guy is OK.

Edited by Vendetta

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

What's his value?  They have Rex, J White, etc...Cam will run...anyone have an idea of his floor and ceiling in the next 2 weeks and then in the whole season?  [...]

He's a pure gamble. We're all gambling here. He doesn't pan out? Whatever, didn't even cost me a bench slot since I stashed him on IR. He pans out? I just got an RB1/RB2 or potentially flex RB3 for waivers pennies. He had a lot of hype going into training camp, but we have no idea how he'll perform until we see him on the field.

Edited by harck

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

The Cam thing is overblown. He ran with CMC for how many season with CMC getting tons of RZ work? And those teams weren't world beaters. If Harris is the real deal he's also got a lot of youth and speed on him, which is something White, Cam and Rex don't have a ton of. And White really is his own role on this team thats independent of what Harris can do here. I'm predicting that Harris will rise above Rex and Sony fast, and with Sony on IR that part will be simple. So now the question is can a star college prospect with a good coach manage to outplay Rex Burkhead... This isn't a bad bet to take. 

Edited by Moveless

On 9/26/2020 at 10:22 PM, Proteus said:

Well just plug me in just like I was [Damien] Harris
You're eatin' crazy cheeze like you would think I'm from Paris
You know I get fly, you think I get high
You know that I'm gone and I'm 'a tell you all why...

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, Moveless said:

The Cam thing is overblown. He ran with CMC for how many season with CMC getting tons of RZ work? And those teams weren't world beaters. If Harris is the real deal hes also got a lot of youth, health and speed on him, which is something White, Cam and Rex don't have a ton of. And White really is his own role on this team thats independent of what Harris can do here. I'm predicting that Harris will rise above Rex and Sony fast, and with Sony on IR that part will be simple. So now the question is can a star college prospect with a good coach manage to outplay Rex Burkhead... This isn't a bad bet to take. 

So he's kind of be a 1st and 2nd down guy, with White as 3rd down?  I don't know much about Harris' talent level.  Trying to figure out his range of outcomes.  Would his ceiling be low RB1 or probably RB2 at best?

4 minutes ago, Moveless said:

The Cam thing is overblown. He ran with CMC for how many season with CMC getting tons of RZ work? And those teams weren't world beaters. If Harris is the real deal he's also got a lot of youth and speed on him, which is something White, Cam and Rex don't have a ton of. And White really is his own role on this team thats independent of what Harris can do here. I'm predicting that Harris will rise above Rex and Sony fast, and with Sony on IR that part will be simple. So now the question is can a star college prospect with a good coach manage to outplay Rex Burkhead... This isn't a bad bet to take. 

What about Taylor? backfield looks insanely crowded yikes 

1 minute ago, AlexxelA said:

So he's kind of be a 1st and 2nd down guy, with White as 3rd down?  I don't know much about Harris' talent level.  Trying to figure out his range of outcomes.  Would his ceiling be low RB1 or probably RB2 at best?

Yes, you summed it up well in my opinion. White will always get 3rd down duties, hes reliable and still has juice. Right now 1st and 2nd Down duties are between Burkhead and Harris, and the hope of myself and many is that he will outpace Burkhead and become that high end RB2 we have seen the Pats produce in years past.