Rotoworld.com Forums

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tough crowd in here. Expecting a second year back with 4 carries to his name, no offseason, no preseason, a few practices under his belt, to hit every hole and have instant chemistry with the offenive

Before Harris played: Stash him he could be a league winner! After Harris played and ran for 100 yards: I don't know, is he really worth it?  Truly befuddling. Wasn't that exactly was you wer

Think you meant bellcow but I'm always up for more cowbell too

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Couldn't watch the game, how did he look? 17 carries is certainly very encouraging.

He looked okay to me. I mean his first game back I am sure was knocking off some rust. Had a big 40 yard run too. He had not run a single route and no targets so PPR outlook is bleak. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Couldn't watch the game, how did he look? 17 carries is certainly very encouraging.

Outside of two consecutive runs he looked bad. Lacked vision especially.

however he also had horrible quarterback play and terrible telegraphed playcalling.  Will be interesting to see how Cam would help. One have to assume he would. And if Rex could go away then we would really have something 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Gandalfthecat said:

What the heck do those rotoblurb writers have against this guy? RB 3/4? He came out and went 17/100 in his first game in what wasn't a great game script. 

Wait until the Pats are playing out in front. 

Next week against the Broncos could be an opportunity for that, assuming Rypien plays again. May consider flexing him. 

• Like 1

The telegraphing was horrible. No creativity at all 1st down and he was in they would run it. The pros were he didn't lose any yards on any runs from what I saw. Sometimes it looks like he invites contact a little too much when he is better served bouncing it outside. Overall looked pretty good though when he actually had some lanes to run.

I expect him to have a lot more room to run with Newton when he is back.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

What the heck do those rotoblurb writers have against this guy? RB 3/4? He came out and went 17/100 in his first game in what wasn't a great game script. 

Wait until the Pats are playing out in front. 

It’s the Patriots, That’s the problem. Ya this week he had 100 yards, but just when you rely on it Jonas Gray and Mike Gillislee show up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The test will be next game. They gave him first + second down on a lot of runs, which is extremely promising. If this keeps up and becomes a trend next game... he will be a solid RB2 RoS with some RB1 upside in heavy run gameplans.

Bit disappointed he had absolutely no role in the pass game, but I think that will come with time. Probably want him to get more passing reps in before involving him, considering he literally just came off IR and has only one practice under his belt for the season.

Edited by harck
3 minutes ago, harck said:

The test will be next game. They gave him first + second down on a lot of runs, which is extremely promising. If this keeps up and becomes a trend next game... he will be a solid RB2 RoS with some RB1 upside in heavy run gameplans.

Bit disappointed he had absolutely no role in the pass game, but I think that will come with time. Probably want him to get more passing reps in before involving him, considering he literally just came off IR and has only one practice under his belt for the season.

RB1 in a NE backfield? I think its highly unlikely. He looked good, but he also just played his first game of the season coming fresh off IR. I know hes talented, but you know if he fumbles once its back to Rek Burkhead and White on the screens. He is literally a better version of Michel in his similar role

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

RB1 in a NE backfield? I think its highly unlikely. He looked good, but he also just played his first game of the season coming fresh off IR. I know hes talented, but you know if he fumbles once its back to Rek Burkhead and White on the screens. He is literally a better version of Michel in his similar role

RB1 upside in run heavy games. We saw what Burkhead did when they intended to solely run the ball on a team. If Harris takes the majority of carries going forward, it's not hard to imagine him putting up 60-100 yds and inking a TD or two in a heavy run game.

Just now, harck said:

RB1 upside in run heavy games. We saw what Burkhead did when they intended to solely run the ball on a team. If Harris takes the majority of carries going forward, it's not hard to imagine him putting up 60-100 yds and inking a TD or two in a heavy run game.

That was with a QB who can run himself that the defense had to gameplan for... a big IF with how bad this offense looked tonight, Cam may not play next week and then the bye, by that point you may not need to wait and see

7 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

that is a funny thing to say. Makes zero sense

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Monster Week said:

that is a funny thing to say. Makes zero sense

RBBC doesnt make sense? Michel was supposed to be the guy last year, when he played he performed well, but white was still involved. NE has a tight leash on their RBs, they now have 2 QBs who are TO prone and Cam may not come back til week 7. They cant afford to make mistakes 

53 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

RBBC doesnt make sense? Michel was supposed to be the guy last year, when he played he performed well, but white was still involved. NE has a tight leash on their RBs, they now have 2 QBs who are TO prone and Cam may not come back til week 7. They cant afford to make mistakes 

Michel stunk last year opinion discarded 

Not going to lie when James white ran the ball he looked a lot better. 
lucky for Harris owners is that it’s a runningback carousel so any given week is his. 
jusy wish they would stick to 1 or at least 2 backs. 
mita so annoying to see them switch all 3 of them in there 

pros: plays broncos next week. could be a smash spot. didn't run for negative yards always 0 or positive. 

cons: value lowered if not involved in pass game in PPR. lacked vision and ran into a lot of blockers. 

overall gotta be pleased with what you got. he didn't let down or stink up the place and was an impressive statline with 5.9 YPC. with newton he should possibly get more red zone opportunities. strong hold.