sSektor

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, K197040 said:

Not to mention the QB change and the loss of key defensive pieces.   Might be a James White year.

It's always a James White year in ppr

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, sSektor said:

It's always a James White year in ppr

Some more so than others.  I can just see them being behind a lot and not being able to run the ball as much as they'd like.

Not that I won't spend a late late round pick on Harris if he's there.  I just don't think there is a massive upside. 

Edited by K197040

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

Some more so than others.  I can just see them being behind a lot and not being able to run the ball as much as they'd like.

Not that I won't spend a late late round pick on Harris if he's there.  I just don't think there is a massive upside. 

Yeah the defense is for sure looking to be a step down from last season. Hopefully Cam starts leaning on White to move the chains right out the gate.

• Like 1

Damien Harris receives high praise from Patriots running backs coach:

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/patriots-rb-coach-praises-second-year-player-damien-harris

Michel on PUP, Bolden opted out, Harris has an excellent opportunity to take the lead role, with James White doing his usual thing and Burkhead being Burkhead. Pats did just sign Lamar Miller to a one year deal, but imo that has more to do with Michel than anything else. I have a feeling Pats are looking at Harris as the #1, and are unsure about Michel availability, so they grabbed Miller just in case. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Damien Harris receives high praise from Patriots running backs coach:

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/patriots-rb-coach-praises-second-year-player-damien-harris

Michel on PUP, Bolden opted out, Harris has an excellent opportunity to take the lead role, with James White doing his usual thing and Burkhead being Burkhead. Pats did just sign Lamar Miller to a one year deal, but imo that has more to do with Michel than anything else. I have a feeling Pats are looking at Harris as the #1, and are unsure about Michel availability, so they grabbed Miller just in case. 

Miller is a Depth add. This is indeed Harris' backfield. I agree

How many times have we heard "high praise" about a certain player, it's just coachspeak for the most part. Also good luck in predicting NE backfield on any given week that also added Cam Newton to most likely be there starting QB to siphon some of the goal line rushing TDs. 

• Like 2

i been taking him in like the14th or 15th round in dk bestball leagues. Hopefully he becomes a thing.

• Like 1

In PPR, Harris' value will be minimal as long as James White is healthy because he is their receiving back.  The Pats also have Rex Burkhead to take receiving work.  Even if Michel misses the start of the season, he shouldn't be taken before the 10th round in PPR.  

Just read on rotoworld that Sony may not be ready for the start of the season.  If he doesn't play, do you think it will be a timeshare with Harris and Lamar Miller or would Harris get the majority of the carries with Miller only mixing in every 3rd or 4th series?

On 8/11/2020 at 12:14 PM, sjm76 said:

In PPR, Harris' value will be minimal as long as James White is healthy because he is their receiving back.  The Pats also have Rex Burkhead to take receiving work.  Even if Michel misses the start of the season, he shouldn't be taken before the 10th round in PPR.  

Did James white render Sony Michel useless?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Did James white render Sony Michel useless?

No, but Damien Harris is unproven.  That's why I'm guessing that he'll share time with Lamar Miller on early downs until Michel returns.  Would help if there were preseason games.

Edited by sjm76

16 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

No, but Damien Harris is unproven.  That's why I'm guessing that he'll share time with Lamar Miller on early downs until Michel returns.  Would help if there were preseason games.

Was Sony Michel proven before he got his chance?

53 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Was Sony Michel proven before he got his chance?

Yes, Michel was a very productive back in college with the only question being his injury history and he was a 1st round draft pick by the Patriots.  Harris was only a 3rd round pick who didn't play that much last season.

1 hour ago, sjm76 said:

Yes, Michel was a very productive back in college with the only question being his injury history and he was a 1st round draft pick by the Patriots.  Harris was only a 3rd round pick who didn't play that much last season.

heh i dont think Harris even saw 1 down during the regular season actually. He did look mighty fine in preseason games though...The eye test showed that he ran harder than Michel and was harder to take down! He also caught a couple balls and looked competent at it as well! Im surprised he didnt get absolutely no playing tome during the season last year....

He should see the field this year though and get a shot! Before they signed Miller he only had to beat pesky Burkhead since Michel will likely miss atleast half the year...but now i dunno since Millers there ...Im buying Harris where I can in draft .... Even if Miller starts....he will break soon and Harris will def be the guy

As usual, the best move may be to avoid the Patriots running back group.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

As usual, the best move may be to avoid the Patriots running back group.

giphy.gif

NE RBs can be excellent waiver pickups, I've definitely done that in the past, but invest my valuable draft picks on them? No thanks.

• Like 1

I can't figure Harris out.

He was a good college RB but he always shared with more talented RBs.

He profiles similar to Mark Ingram and always looked close to breaking out bit then would get his reps scaled back, I always wondered if he was in the coaches doghouse. He came back for his senior season and could not take a stranglehold on the starting RB spot although he did stay involved as a rotational back. 

Fast forward and now Belichick has slow played him the same way that Saban did but when you watch Harris play he has got good game so I've always wondered what's gone on behind the scenes with Damien. I guess time will tell but if he can get the 16 touches a game Sony Michel was averaging then he can be a useful fantasy back.

• Like 2

The Patriots early down pounder can be useful indeed. We just have no idea who it is going to be.  Plus BB loves to use Burkhead in the red zone.

I agree that we needed some preseason plus beat writer intuitions to help make this a clearer situation.    Throw in a QB who's great at red zone TD runs and i'm not sure how there's value in any RB outside of White.    I dont even think they'd ride a hot hand here, its pure committee no mater what.  

I usually try to avoid Patriots rb's altogether with the exception of James White in PPR but Harris was sitting there in the 14th round in a 16 team league that I'm in so I took him for bench depth.  If he doesn't pan out, no big deal and I'll just cut him to waivers.  But if he's useful for even a handful of games then he was worth the pick.

5 hours ago, BrianM said:

I agree that we needed some preseason plus beat writer intuitions to help make this a clearer situation.    Throw in a QB who's great at red zone TD runs and i'm not sure how there's value in any RB outside of White.    I dont even think they'd ride a hot hand here, its pure committee no mater what.  

Not to mention this offense is no longer prolific so there isnt much upside.

I do not get all the hate. He is free to own in double digit rounds and if he gets 16 carries a week and can get you 4.5 ypc and maybe catches a ball or 2 per week then we are off to the races for maybe a top 18 finish which is nothing to crap on considering his cheap price. We will know after a few weeks if we should give up and move on. I think cam will help the running game because he prevents a running threat himself that of course brady never did. 

14 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The Patriots early down pounder can be useful indeed. We just have no idea who it is going to be.  Plus BB loves to use Burkhead in the red zone.

I'm not doubting(well maybe a little) but can you provided a link to this tidbit?  Not something I have noticed watching every Pats game for years 

1 hour ago, hockeyfan77 said:

I'm not doubting(well maybe a little) but can you provided a link to this tidbit?  Not something I have noticed watching every Pats game for years 

From Pro Football Reference, all Burkhead's redzone plays for the Pats:

image.png.3ba2a0efff7ea71bf1a213de91b7c85e.png

That's not bad. That means 2 Red zone plays per game, and around .5 TD a game too.

• Like 1