sSektor

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

Worth noting that he can catch. Was talked about numerous times in the summer. The fact that he didnt have any receptions last night doesnt mean he wont. First, he actually had a reception during the game, but it was called back. Second, the Pat's gameplan yesterday was a lot of straight handoffs to minimize dropbacks bc their QBs sucked. That's not the ros game plan once cam is back. 

Granted, unseating james white on 3rd down ain't gonna happen barring injury. But harris isnt stone hands Sony either. I imagine hell be catching 1-3 balls a game in a couple weeks as well, adding to the already strong case to like him.  

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, ThunderDan said:

Worth noting that he can catch. Was talked about numerous times in the summer. The fact that he didnt have any receptions last night doesnt mean he wont. First, he actually had a reception during the game, but it was called back. Second, the Pat's gameplan yesterday was a lot of straight handoffs to minimize dropbacks bc their QBs sucked. That's not the ros game plan once cam is back. 

Granted, unseating james white on 3rd down ain't gonna happen barring injury. But harris isnt stone hands Sony either. I imagine hell be catching 1-3 balls a game in a couple weeks as well, adding to the already strong case to like him.  

Sony Michel was actually used in the passing game at Georgia and had a much higher target share than Harris. He is not stone hands, though pass catching is definitely not his strongest skill. Same with Harris. Two receptions a game is wishful thinking. Harris is my only waiver claim of the week, but I have lower expectations than most. A more efficient Sony Michel is all that can be reasonably hoped for. Anything else is wishing. 

1 hour ago, Jetdog16 said:

Sony Michel was actually used in the passing game at Georgia and had a much higher target share than Harris. He is not stone hands, though pass catching is definitely not his strongest skill. Same with Harris. Two receptions a game is wishful thinking. Harris is my only waiver claim of the week, but I have lower expectations than most. A more efficient Sony Michel is all that can be reasonably hoped for. Anything else is wishing. 

UGA actually tried him out as a part time receiver, but didn't stick with it.

I'm high on Harris.  Even if he does become little more than a more efficient Sony, that's big opportunity.  I'm stunned by the Michel we've seen in the pros vs his senior year at UGA.  He was simply amazing, way outperformed Chubb, but hasn't looked anything close to that in the NFL.  Since coming to the league, he's been nothing more than a plodded.

Harris looked much more explosive.  The other big difference will be having Cam instead of Brady back there.  As I mentioned, that read-option is going to open up holes that Harris will exploit.

I stashed him on a couple teams, and I'm bidding real big with another where I'm desperate for a RB2.  I don't see any better candidates for faab on the wire, barring injury to Cook or Zeke.

Let's roll.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SadFaceHappy said:

UGA actually tried him out as a part time receiver, but didn't stick with it.

I'm high on Harris.  Even if he does become little more than a more efficient Sony, that's big opportunity.  I'm stunned by the Michel we've seen in the pros vs his senior year at UGA.  He was simply amazing, way outperformed Chubb, but hasn't looked anything close to that in the NFL.  Since coming to the league, he's been nothing more than a plodded.

Harris looked much more explosive.  The other big difference will be having Cam instead of Brady back there.  As I mentioned, that read-option is going to open up holes that Harris will exploit.

I stashed him on a couple teams, and I'm bidding real big with another where I'm desperate for a RB2.  I don't see any better candidates for faab on the wire, barring injury to Cook or Zeke.

Let's roll.

Totally agree. I drafted Sony in dynasty rookie draft cause I fell in love with his tape. Obviously so did Belichick as he made him a first rounder. Dude has not been the same in the pros and you gotta figure it's cause of his knee. He was dinged on it pre draft and IIRC he was compared to Jay Ajayi, some thought Michel would only make it a couple years in the pros. Maybe they were right. I like Harris and didn't mean to sound so negative on his outlook. Hype on him has gotten a lil' out of control in some corners of this thread, but he definitely has a nice opportunity in front of him and is well worth a waiver claim. 

• Like 1

Gilmore tested positive for Covid... no Pats practice today and need to assess if this week's game is on.

7 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

Gilmore tested positive for Covid... no Pats practice today and need to assess if this week's game is on.

the downside for a shutdown corner... will never let the receiver get 6 feet apart 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, UMFLADFWM said:

the downside for a shutdown corner... will never let the receiver get 6 feet apart 

Please tell me he was not on Tyreek Hill last week. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

When can we expect some clarity on whether this game will happen? [...] Will we have a better idea of the situation in 24 hours? How does the testing protocol work going forward?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

they will be tested daily heading towards game day. I doubt you get any clarity unless there is an outbreak. Anything can happen...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

When can we expect some clarity on whether this game will happen? [...] Will we have a better idea of the situation in 24 hours? How does the testing protocol work going forward?

I'd cautiously have plans ready for this upcoming weekend. This isn't just a case of one guy on one team. This is a team that had a case last week and still played, and now they have more. I'd expect the NFL to proceed with extreme caution here, and if this isn't a false negative it'll likely get pushed. 

• Like 1

I just watched his week 4 runs and he’s got good burst but man did he run into his lineman on quite a few plays where if he just cut to the outside they would have been easy 10 yards gains. It’s like he wanted to just keep going where the hole was supposed to be even though there was nothing there. But again first game we’ll see how it goes. Definite hold to see how it plays out.

• Like 1

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

I just watched his week 4 runs and he’s got good burst but man did he run into his lineman on quite a few plays where if he just cut to the outside they would have been easy 10 yards gains. It’s like he wanted to just keep going where the hole was supposed to be even though there was nothing there. But again first game we’ll see how it goes. Definite hold to see how it plays out.

It was hypothesized earlier that he was just running the play as called as to appease Beli and the coaches and I really do think that makes sense. For example, that play where he didn’t bounce outside to the left...I have a hard time believing a guy of this caliber missed that. Then again, vision is not everyone’s strong suit and I can only imagine how fast game speed is. Hopefully he gets further integrated into the offense and gets his training wheels taken off (presuming Michel is a non-threat, which I think we all agree, but can never know) because his floor is a RB3 stnd/RB4 ppr but he could be an every week starter if they keep pounding the rock and he gets a couple targs a game. The cam rushing TD sap does hurt though. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, aapox said:

It was hypothesized earlier that he was just running the play as called as to appease Beli and the coaches and I really do think that makes sense. For example, that play where he didn’t bounce outside to the left...I have a hard time believing a guy of this caliber missed that. Then again, vision is not everyone’s strong suit and I can only imagine how fast game speed is. Hopefully he gets further integrated into the offense and gets his training wheels taken off (presuming Michel is a non-threat, which I think we all agree, but can never know) because his floor is a RB3 stnd/RB4 ppr but he could be an every week starter if they keep pounding the rock and he gets a couple targs a game. The cam rushing TD sap does hurt though. 

Yeah you caught that too. Specifically that play was clear as day he could have at least got ten yards and probably more. There were a couple of others too that I saw but that one specifically was head scratching. So again we’ll see what happens. But his burst and speed looks way better than Michel.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, aapox said:

Definitely the type of play where Belichick puts it up on the big screen the day after the game. I'm sure Harris is aware of his missed opportunities for more yardage last week.

• Like 1

Really looking to see what the chemistry is between him and Cam. For now he'll sit on my benches but I'm encouraged by the first game and potential for taking over as the lead rusher in NE

• Like 1

Unfortunate that this game was pushed back. But at least it almost guarantees Cam will be back once they return. Will have to wait until week 6 to find out what this kid can really do. 

6 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Unfortunate that this game was pushed back. But at least it almost guarantees Cam will be back once they return. Will have to wait until week 6 to find out what this kid can really do. 

Gives him more time to get back up to speed and be implemented on more packages too.

Does anyone know how this impacts people on IR? Does this count as a week for Sony Michel?

Expectations for this guy ROS? Between all of the other RB's on the roster, plus a running Cam, does he have any kind of upside?

I'm guessing he going to get 15ish touches for 60-100 yards, no receptions.  If he scores it's a plus, but with Cam they haven't even used a RB by the goal line.

I think Harris will see some goal line work.  Belichick is smart enough to not let Cam go headfirst into defences the way Carolina did. Harris looked really strong in his first outing and I’m expecting a good game even against a stout Denver run D.  

Edited by MagikarpeDiem

2 hours ago, mortman212 said:

I'm guessing he going to get 15ish touches for 60-100 yards, no receptions.  If he scores it's a plus, but with Cam they haven't even used a RB by the goal line.

Didn't Burkhead have a 3td game already this year?