sSektor

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

I think Harris will see some goal line work.  Belichick is smart enough to not let Cam go headfirst into defences the way Carolina did. Harris looked really strong in his first outing and I’m expecting a good game even against a stout Denver run D.  

Assuming they play after the positive COVID tests today from the Pats.

3 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

Assuming they play after the positive COVID tests today from the Pats.

Dang it.  I didn’t even know about that.  Thanks for the heads up

Heavy run script coming up. Deploy DHar

2 hours ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

I think Harris will see some goal line work.  Belichick is smart enough to not let Cam go headfirst into defences the way Carolina did. Harris looked really strong in his first outing and I’m expecting a good game even against a stout Denver run D.  

I hope he becomes their goal line back, but I imagine this is Burkhead's role, no?

Regardless, these tidbits from Belichick and the RB coach are promising:

“Damien had a good week of practice. He was impressive in camp, he’s in good condition ready to go and he was able to put together some solid days in practice,” Belichick said. “I think that we as a coaching staff we felt he would be ready to go Monday night in Kansas City and he was, he ran hard, ran well.”

And in news fantasy football players will want to make note of, Belichick also made it sound like Harris will be a part of the Patriots’ plans should they actually get to play Denver this Sunday.

“Look forward to having him back,” Belichick said. “I’m glad we have him, and I look forward to having him back out there.”

Edited by harck
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, harck said:

I hope he becomes their goal line back, but I imagine this is Burkhead's role, no?

I think it is more of a formation personnel thing w/ NE. Much like NO and others, they rotate pretty heavy with many diff groupings. Burk and White have the advantage of having been around and acclimated to that special stuff at the GL. Though if they lineup 'heavy' I think that Harris might be the guy...just a matter of if Cam doesn't call his own number too. Odds are Harris is gonna need to break a 15+ yard TD.

28 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Corey Dillon

Young Corey Dillon?  Sign me up!!

Bengals running back Corey Dillon pulls out a game for the ages, breaking one of pro sports' hallowed records when he tumbles into the end zone with 1:49 left in the game at the end of a 41-yard run and stiffarm of a poor soul named Terrell Buckley that gives Dillon the single-game NFL rushing record with 278 yards and the Bengals a 31-21 victory.  Who can blame the crowd of 61,603 for blinking in disbelief at the scoreboard telling them Dillon has just broken Walter Payton's 23-year-old record of 275 yards set against the Vikings?

On top of his rookie rushing record of 246 yards against the Oilers three years before, Dillon now has two of the top seven rushing games of all time two days before he turns 26.

https://www.bengals.com/news/top-50-moments-corey-dillon-breaks-single-game-rushing-record-19788159#:~:text=But Bengals running back Corey,rushing record with 278 yards

What's the outlook on this guy ROS? He looked impressive to me in his debut but I'm still worried about Burkhead and Michel when he makes his eventual return. Plus the Cam TD vultures are inevitable.

I don't have much faith in his pass-catching role given James White is still the go-to guy in that respect.

I want to believe that he's going to ascend a bit but my gut tells me his upside is severely capped.

Edited by MingusDew

4 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

What's the outlook on this guy ROS? He looked impressive to me in his debut but I'm still worried about Burkhead and Michel when he makes his eventual return. Plus the Cam TD vultures are inevitable.

I don't have much faith in his pass-catching role given James White is still the go-to guy in that respect.

I want to believe that he's going to ascend a bit but my gut tells me his upside is severely capped.

This has been asked repeatedly for the last 2 weeks. Is anyone really doing anything other than guessing? As a Harris owner I’d like to believe he can take over the backfield, but realistically I think the other RBs will be involved especially in the passing game. All you can do is hold Harris and see what happens(and hope for the best)

Just now, MingusDew said:

No one really knows.  The Patriots have been a mystery box for fantasy RBs for years now, with the exception of maybe James White.  

That said, the Patriots really seem to like Harris.  I don't think it's just coach speak.  They were raving about him in camp, he had an exceptional game two weeks ago, and they haven't been happy with Sony Michel (who is also hurt).  

I think we can pencil in Harris for the bulk of carries and goal line work, at least for the next few weeks.  If he performs well, the job is probably his long-term.  I doubt White and Burkhead go away so, like you say, his upside is capped, particularly in PPR leagues.  

You hope for a LeGarrette Blount kind of year.  Blount's 18 rushing TD pace obviously won't happen -- Patriots have a weaker offense than years past and Newton likes to call his own number in the redzone -- but Harris could carve out a role as a lower-end RB2.  

• Like 2

Well said, @Rainyy. That's about where I'm at. His ROS outlook for me is an RB3 with upside to be an RB2 in standard. He's *probably* not going to be a guy you're excited about in PPR, but if he realizes his upside of 2-3 targets a game, he could be playable. Between that and Cam's TD's, though, the upside is sapped. Still, this team likes to and wants to run, and he's the best ball carrier (imo) by a decent margin. For now, more than anything, it's a wait and see, and you hope you see more production like he had vs. KC because that will likely lead to more involvement.

• Like 3

First week back from injury and he had more touches than any other RB on the team have had all year 17, vs 13 for Burkhead on week 13. Based on week 5  touches and training camps remarks I believe this is his job to lose barring any injuries and/or fumbles. 

Edited by jgreen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jgreen said:

First week back from injury and he had more touches than any other RB on the team have had all year 17, vs 13 for Burkhead on week 13. Based on week 5  touches and training camps remarks I believe this is his job to lose barring any injuries and/or fumbles. 

Agreed. He had the job in camp, got hurt, and got 17 carries in his first game back. The goalline back for NE has been relevant in the past and even though it's Cam instead of Brady, it's still the same coach.

Cam may steal some short TDs away but I'm comfortable with Harris as an RB2/3.

• Like 2

Looking foward to seeing Corey Dillon out there again tomorrow!

• Like 1

Sony out.  Queue up the 'Its Happening' gif!*

*subject to the game actually um happening

• Haha 1

He was on IR, now he's also on the COVID list I guess? Either way, I feel like Sony's time in NE is coming to a close. Harris should get a comfortable amount of touches week to week unless he starts fumbling, just hope they start including him in the passing game. Unfortunately, with Cam only getting 1 practice in, I doubt it's this week.

Edited by harck

14 minutes ago, brosephd said:

thought sony was already sent to IR? how's he on it again?

He's on Double Secret Probation.  

He's on a relatively cheap contract; wouldn't be shocked to see the Pats trade him for half a ham sandwich or outright release him over the next few weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Al.Davis said:

He's on Double Secret Probation.  

He's on a relatively cheap contract; wouldn't be shocked to see the Pats trade him for half a ham sandwich or outright release him over the next few weeks.

He is a bargain, so why get rid of him. They would keep him for depth.  

10 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

He is a bargain, so why get rid of him. They would keep him for depth.  

I agree he's a bargain as an RB1 or RB2 on their depth chart...but as RB4 or RB5 (behind Damien, Rex, White, JJ Taylor)?  Probably wouldn't even be active on gameday and certainly NOT a bargain!

Edited by Al.Davis

2 hours ago, Al.Davis said:

I agree he's a bargain as an RB1 or RB2 on their depth chart...but as RB4 or RB5 (behind Damien, Rex, White, JJ Taylor)?  Probably wouldn't even be active on gameday and certainly NOT a bargain!

When healthy he is not RB4. He is usually a 1a or 1b for the first two downs because he runs tough. I can see a scenario where he takes a hind seat to Harris if Harris consistently runs well. But he’s not a RB4 when healthy. The Pats tend to use him first two downs then White on third and in two minute drills. So he won’t be cut. He is still a bargain due to being on rookie contract. 

5 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

When healthy he is not RB4. He is usually a 1a or 1b for the first two downs because he runs tough. I can see a scenario where he takes a hind seat to Harris if Harris consistently runs well. But he’s not a RB4 when healthy. The Pats tend to use him first two downs then White on third and in two minute drills. So he won’t be cut. He is still a bargain due to being on rookie contract. 

Sony Michel sux. Im done with him. Todays game will show why Corey Dillon is superior.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Sony Michel sux. Im done with him. Todays game will show why Corey Dillon is superior.

I hope so too. My point was only that Michel won’t be cut. I hope Harris develops into a great back like Dillon, big shoes there though. 😀