sSektor

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, pdizzle710 said:

HOYA THE DESTROYA!

... that chrome dome mo' is gonna wind up the qb heading into December.

Posted (edited)
14038.png

Patriots second-year RB Damien Harris has been getting a "heavy workload" early in camp.

With Lamar Miller (knee) and Sony Michel (foot) sidelined, Harris has been getting plenty of run with the first-team offense with James White handling normal pass-game duties and Rex Burkhead mixing in here and there. Harris was barely used throughout his rookie year, rushing four times for 12 yards on a whopping five offensive snaps as a third-rounder. This summer has given Harris a prime opportunity to show the coaches he deserves more action in Year 2. With Michel questionable for the start of the season and Miller no sure thing to make it back from his torn ACL, Harris has major sleeper appeal. Harris is essentially a free square at the end of fantasy drafts right now.

I just read this in the news section.  It looks like he could end up being picked before the 10th round by the time September rolls around if news like this keeps coming out.

Edited by sjm76
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Born Sinner said:

Are we going to trust the Pats crowded backfield?

Trust?  No.  But I'm thin at RB in a deep keeper.  So I suppose if Harris makes it to me, I'll take him.  Hell, I'm desperate enough, I'd probably take Michel. :lol:

But trust?  Never.

Posted (edited)

Harris could be useful for however long Sony Michel is out if he misses regular season games but when he returns, it will likely be a rbbc mess with James White the pass-catching back in addition to Rex Burkhead and Lamar Miller if he isn't placed on the injured list and Harris will be waiver wire fodder again.

Edited by sjm76

1 hour ago, Born Sinner said:

Are we going to trust the Pats crowded backfield?

No but Sony somehow already looks washed and Burkhead is only healthy for a handful of games per season. Harris is dirt cheap.

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

No but Sony somehow already looks washed and Burkhead is only healthy for a handful of games per season. Harris is dirt cheap.

Which round are you targeting Harris in redraft (12 team PPR) ?

31 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

I was coming to inquire the same.  I'm thinking with the expected run on RB's early in redraft leagues his stock value is sure to rise.  I'm thinking without Michel he can go as early as in the 6th round??  Too early?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BklynBlue said:

I was coming to inquire the same.  I'm thinking with the expected run on RB's early in redraft leagues his stock value is sure to rise.  I'm thinking without Michel he can go as early as in the 6th round??  Too early?

I'm thinking round 9 is when you can target him. His current ADP is around round 11 I believe.

56 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

Round 10 depending on how many RBs I already have on the roster at that point.

tonight in a dk bestball i tried to get greedy and hop he fell to round 11 but nope he was gone before i got my chance to take him. i should have taken him in round 9 or 10 as i usually do in dk bestball. 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, BklynBlue said:

“I was coming to inquire the same.  I'm thinking with the expected run on RB's early in redraft leagues his stock value is sure to rise.  I'm thinking without Michel he can go as early as in the 6th round??  Too early?”

That’s exactly the circumstance I found myself in yesterday. A keeper league with a lot of RBs kept & those remaining, a priority. At nine I hoped that either Chubb or CEH would be there, but neither of them were. I had a plan for QB, TE & WR, I feel like I accomplished that. That allowed me to reach at RB if I felt I had to, which I did. Michel came off our board in the 6th round, why wouldn’t I take Harris in that same round? 

Edited by markrc99

2 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

That’s exactly the circumstance I found myself in yesterday. A keeper league with a lot of RBs kept & those remaining, a priority. At nine I hoped that either Chubb or CEH would be there, but neither of them were. I had a plan for QB, TE & WR, I feel like I accomplished that. That allowed me to reach at RB if I felt I had to, which I did. Michel came off our board in the 6th round, why wouldn’t I take Harris in that same round? 

Did a half-point PPR draft yesterday and Harris went in round 8 so his ADP is rising.  I still think that when Michel gets back it will be the usual rbbc mess with the New England rb's but Harris could be useful at least early in the season.

43 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Did a half-point PPR draft yesterday and Harris went in round 8 so his ADP is rising.  I still think that when Michel gets back it will be the usual rbbc mess with the New England rb's but Harris could be useful at least early in the season.

If you're drafting today then you have to be aggressive with Harris because the early reports are so good. But we all know how quickly that can turn. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rotofan24 said:

If you're drafting today then you have to be aggressive with Harris because the early reports are so good. But we all know how quickly that can turn. 

If his ADP rises higher than round 7 which is very possible if good reports keep coming out, I probably won't be drafting him.  James White is going to be involved as the pass-catching back no matter what and when Michel gets healthy him and Harris will probably split the early down carries.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

If his ADP rises higher than round 7 which is very possible if good reports keep coming out, I probably won't be drafting him.  James White is going to be involved as the pass-catching back no matter what and when Michel gets healthy him and Harris will probably split the early down carries.

I agree. Higher than round 7 is too aggressive right now. 

So consensus end of round 8 early round 9 is a good spot for this guy? Pats backfield is obviously very perplexing/frustrating but reports have been very positive for him. 

9 hours ago, ralphg13 said:

“So consensus end of round 8 early round 9 is a good spot for this guy? Pats backfield is obviously very perplexing/frustrating but reports have been very positive for him.”

I think it’s important to consider how your draft is proceeding & how your own board is taking shape. In the example I cited there were 25 players listed at a discount, which impacted positional depth. Now, in this particular draft the RBs taken in the back of the 8th rd were Phillip Lindsey, Tevin Coleman & Tarik Cohen. The ones that came off in the early 9th were Darrel Henderson, Tony Pollard & Latavius Murray. It’s just me but Harris doesn’t belong in that group. 

This thread has quickly turned into the annual "Should you trust any Patriots RB over the course of the season?"

The short answer is no. However, with Michel and Miller both sidelined for Week 1, you better believe that taking Harris with a 12th rounder is great value for a Week 1 definite flex play. He's still on FA in most leagues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CamNewton said:

This thread has quickly turned into the annual "Should you trust any Patriots RB over the course of the season?"

The short answer is no. However, with Michel and Miller both sidelined for Week 1, you better believe that taking Harris with a 12th rounder is great value for a Week 1 definite flex play. He's still on FA in most leagues.

yes! Then after he inevitably runs for 200 yards week 1 Trade him away to the league fool for a Kings ransom. That’s my goal at least. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

yes! Then after he inevitably runs for 200 yards week 1 Trade him away to the league fool for a Kings ransom. That’s my goal at least. 

Or Rex plays and becomes a boon. Then just when you get used to it Bellicheck shifts to Michel... then Harris. I told myself do not do it again. 🙈