sSektor

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

“Draft with the hopes that he secures a 10+ touch per game role by week 10 due to injuries and/or rising to the top of the pecking order. ...”

Could be wrong, but I think Harris is already in a position to assume the lead role. It doesn’t make much sense that, among other reasons, he wasn’t activated because he didn’t help them on ST, yet now he will be on the game day roster, but for just a handful of touches. Couple that with the fact that he’s the 3-down ‘back they have. Which may mean that he allows them to activate fewer RBs so they get their ST coverage elsewhere. 

Edited by markrc99
  • Like 1

His BAMA highlights were great, power, speed, vision, catches the ball too! I'm hoping he secures the job. Sony is pedestrian 240ish carries last year couldn't even crack top 25. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

His BAMA highlights were great, power, speed, vision, catches the ball too! I'm hoping he secures the job. Sony is pedestrian 240ish carries last year couldn't even crack top 25. 

Plays like mark Ingram 

• Like 2

No great insight, but i expect some changes...big changes minus brady. Bill has some thoughts i bet.

Bill doesn't like predictability and even he can't predict what his team will look like this year.

Just think its worth a shot as Harris is cheap. May be totally different philosophy this year. its got to be

Posted (edited)
On 8/28/2020 at 9:56 PM, semo said:

“Bill doesn't like predictability... Just think its worth a shot as Harris is cheap. May be totally different philosophy this year. its got to be”

If Belichick doesn’t like being predictable then he should love Harris. Backing up a bit it was deemed dubious for a beat writer(?) to assume Harris would be anointed the lead role in camp. There’s no doubt the exceptions are few as the incumbent usually has to be beaten out on the field. Watching Michel a bit, reading about him when he came out, he’s not disproportionately low, narrow-hipped & ran too upright. Was never expected to assume the volume at the collegiate level & has struggled to stay healthy doing it at the professional level. I think if they utilized him primarily in space, he would help them more so. The material I have is consistent in that he’s good out of the backfield. But that part of his skill set hasn’t seemingly translated. Or perhaps they simply needed him more as a ball carrier. However, it still seems to go against everything else we’ve been told to believe Harris will be activated on any given Sunday to simply provide relief for Michel. 

Edited by markrc99

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

Where does Lamar Miller fit in here?

Miller will probably be on the PUP list or waiver wire once the season starts.  Now that Michel seems to be healthy again, they don't need Miller because they have Harris, Michel, Burkhead and White.

3 hours ago, BornandbredHeel said:

Snagged him at 9.12. This could be "the pick" haha

Yeah I got him at 9.2 in a 14 teamer on Fri night for my first share of him since early best balls-- where he was absurdly cheap. It is a bit of a gambit, but a palatable one for that sort of capital.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah I got him at 9.2 in a 14 teamer on Fri night for my first share of him since early best balls-- where he was absurdly cheap. It is a bit of a gambit, but a palatable one for that sort of capital.

Harris went undrafted in a 10 team, half point PPR draft that I did last night.  I will probably scoop him off of waivers just to see how the NE rb situation shakes out to start the season.

3 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Harris went undrafted in a 10 team, half point PPR draft that I did last night.  I will probably scoop him off of waivers just to see how the NE rb situation shakes out to start the season.

Yeah I have 2 different 10 teamers next week (non ppr but big yardage bonuses) and I will be looking for him around the 3rd last round or so, but they have deep benches too.

3 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

So is this new news trading reps with michel bode well for harris?

Not really but I think it's encouraging that we keep reading good reports of Harris working with the 1st team and breaking off long runs in practice.  Michel was very average as a runner last year so it's possible they give Harris the chance to be the clear lead guy.

Any Boston or New England area folks with news on Harris? Was just dropped in my 10 team league for Armstead. 

Looking for any nuggets of info on him and the NE backfield.

Harris has looked liked the better back so far....but then again Michel did miss time and has some ground to make up. Harris has done everything right so far which has caused all this Harris Hype. Truth is.....this backfield is way too crowded and we still dont know who will be the "guy". 

avoid if you have better options. I do have Harris on my bench as wait and see if he indeed wins the 2 down job...he does look better than Michel IMO...

Posted (edited)

Yeah I think @SyNdicateZ is on point. It is BB and you simply can not read the tea leaves when it comes to him, or how he operates. But I think he saw enough from Sony last year to not remotely hesitate if he thinks that Harris can be an upgrade. Typically I don't go after Pats backs besides White, but Harris can do things (mainly block a bit and catch) that Sony can not...that sort of dimension has been missing in NE and forced them to telegraph a ton of their play calling. Now with a totally new type of QB, I can see BB mixing it up and seeing what Harris can do. I think the reward is worth the risk here (9th Rd area), but I am an upside chaser too.

Edited by ST. STEVEN

3 hours ago, Q Dog said:

Any Boston or New England area folks with news on Harris? Was just dropped in my 10 team league for Armstead. 

Looking for any nuggets of info on him and the NE backfield.

The Patriots are rumored to be one of the teams interested in Fournette.  If he lands there, Harris will be back to being irrelevant.

16 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

The Patriots are rumored to be one of the teams interested in Fournette.  If he lands there, Harris will be back to being irrelevant.

Local radio brought up a point that the pats would Only try to sign Fournette CHEAP if he clears waivers. Fournette would be an upgrade over Michel, Harris, Burkhead and Miller. I highly doubt that Pats sign him though even for cheap money because they already have like 847494934 running backs..

But then again Bill do what Bill do

• Like 1

Yep, pinky surgery apparently and could miss week 1 😮

7 minutes ago, MetsSox said:

Yep, pinky surgery apparently and could miss week 1 😮

I'm debating whether to still keep him on my roster in my big money PPR league.  Even when he's healthy, it will likely just be a rbbc mess.

Edited by sjm76