sSektor

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

9 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I'm debating whether to still keep him on my roster in my big money PPR league.  Even when he's healthy, it will likely just be a rbbc mess.

I have him on my PPR team and I'm going to keep him because 1) I know no one would trade for him now because of the injury and the potential RBBC mess and 2) if I drop him, someone will pick him up.

I'll just wait and see and hope 1) Michel is ineffective/gets injured again, 2) Miller isn't effective and 3) maybe Harris only misses 1 game, 2 at most.

Edited by MetsSox

For you guys wondering if this dude can catch - check this out 👀. He is not JUST a two down grinder. Bottom of the tweet total targets / catches.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 1

I'm dropping. Hes not playing week 1, and that was our window to find out his role. With all their rbs, the most likely outcome at this point is that harris gets the lesser half of 1st and 2nd down work with white taking 3rd down. I'm not waiting until week 2 and missing out on important waiver guys to find that out. He was a lottery ticket. It lost. Im finding a different lottery ticket for week 1 to carry instead. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/27/2020 at 8:05 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Draft with the hopes that he secures a 10+ touch per game role by week 10 due to injuries and/or rising to the top of the pecking order.

Early in the season could be bumpy or he could be great from the beginning of the season.

I do not hedge my bets.

Sounds like good advice

2 hours ago, ThunderDan said:

I'm dropping. Hes not playing week 1, and that was our window to find out his role. With all their rbs, the most likely outcome at this point is that harris gets the lesser half of 1st and 2nd down work with white taking 3rd down. I'm not waiting until week 2 and missing out on important waiver guys to find that out. He was a lottery ticket. It lost. Im finding a different lottery ticket for week 1 to carry instead. 

+100. Dropped him for Hyde to hand up with Carson. At this point there’s got to be better bets floating around on the wire 

placed on IR by pats so back to being michel & white backfield?

30 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

Okay, now how long until ESPN gives him IR eligibility?

Right now

Another guy I picked up that can tell his grandkids one day that he almost made it.  

I'm actually kind of happy.  Had buyers remorse here a bit as my draft was when he was running with the one's.   Now I can stash him and wait and see. 

Hoodie didn’t surprise me at all by putting Harris on IR. Punishing a player because of injury just sounds like a Hoodie thing to do. What a d*ck

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2020 at 2:23 PM, Dirtywater97 said:

For you guys wondering if this dude can catch - check this out 👀. He is not JUST a two down grinder. Bottom of the tweet total targets / catches.

Biggest thing I can decipher from this is that I need to pick up Burkhead in PPR

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 8:11 PM, lvsaint429 said:

Hoodie didn’t surprise me at all by putting Harris on IR. Punishing a player because of injury just sounds like a Hoodie thing to do. What a d*ck

He's managing his roster, not punishing him. Anyways, with the 2020 IR rules I think he can be brought back after 3 weeks, so it's not like his season is over

• Like 1

Placed him on IR in my league.  Definite hold.  By the time he returns we will know what the Patriots are gonna be this year.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 8:11 PM, lvsaint429 said:

spacer.png

Drafted him along with S. Michel. Thinking the smart move is to drop for R. Burkhead.

With Michel slow out of the gate and Harris on IR, have to think Burkhead is startable...until he gets hurt of course. Which will probably be around week 4 when Harris is off IR and Michel once again proves he's a bum.

Someone dropped him so I grabbed and stashed in IR but that first game was ugly for the NE backs. Even if something happened to Sony and Harris could slide into that role I don't know if I'd want to waste a roster spot on him. Looks like the Cam show. Starting the NE running back is basically just praying for a TD. 

• Like 1

Drafted this cat. Love seeing Cam do so much with his legs. That will make the rest of the rushing offense better. NE has not had that kind of dual threat in decades. They won't always run cam 15x a game, expect the other RB to rise with him. Didn't get to watch much of Michel in game 1, but if he's anything like last year, I'm hoping Harris is given a shot. He could be a nice compliment to Cam.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owenmills said:

Someone dropped him so I grabbed and stashed in IR but that first game was ugly for the NE backs. Even if something happened to Sony and Harris could slide into that role I don't know if I'd want to waste a roster spot on him. Looks like the Cam show. Starting the NE running back is basically just praying for a TD. 

He's worth stashing on IR if only because once again Sony showed absolutely nothing with his carries. Don't think Harris even needs an injury to overtake him. 

Cam took a few big hits on Sunday. Are they really going to use him like he's a fresh 21 year old bulldozer again from his Carolina days? especially inside the 5 or 10 yard line.. could limit damien's ceiling?

2 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

Cam took a few big hits on Sunday. Are they really going to use him like he's a fresh 21 year old bulldozer again from his Carolina days? especially inside the 5 or 10 yard line.. could limit damien's ceiling?

I honestly think BB knows Cam is a short term stopgap and therefore is not afraid to run him into the ground since he is clearly at his most effective when he's a running threat. But that's just speculation on my part. 

• Like 2