sSektor

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

I honestly think BB knows Cam is a short term stopgap and therefore is not afraid to run him into the ground since he is clearly at his most effective when he's a running threat. But that's just speculation on my part. 

I don't think Bill cares either way. That's Josh McDaniels' call.

Edited by FitzMagic

Every Pats RB got a ~20% snap count (even JJ Taylor got 11%) and showed absolutely nothing. Harris will at least get a crack at the job and easily worth a hold

• Like 2

Just now, FitzMagic said:

I don't think Bill cares either way. That's Josh McDaniels' call.

Fair enough. Whoever's in charge then - they know Cam is not the future, he's a short term solution and he's most effective when utilized this way. So to answer the initial comment - yes I am concerned Cam in the redzone caps Harris upside.

He's worth a hold because you can stick him in your IR spot and because of Covid, you probably have more than one.  

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

He's worth a hold because you can stick him in your IR spot and because of Covid, you probably have more than one.  

In my keeper league that does use IR spots, we have extras, but the extras are for covid players only. We can still only use one IR spot for a player who is actually injured. 

Dropped him. Just so many RBs getting touches and Cam is going to run plenty anyway.

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

In my keeper league that does use IR spots, we have extras, but the extras are for covid players only. We can still only use one IR spot for a player who is actually injured. 

Weak.

If you have a tool available, it's fair game.

I had Andrew Luck stashed on IR a whole season.

Edit: we won the championship that year, and yes he got a virtual ring - his leadership and support was invaluable 

Edited by SadFaceHappy
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Weak.

If you have a tool available, it's fair game.

I had Andrew Luck stashed on IR a whole season.

Edit: we won the championship that year, and yes he got a virtual ring - his leadership and support was invaluable 

I don’t think it’s weak and agree with our commish. We normally have one IR spot, but we increased it to have extra available for covid cases. Makes sense to me. 

Harris will be awesome in this offense. Way better than (I can't break 1 tackle) Michel. The IR was just a hiccup.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Harris will be awesome in this offense. Way better than (I can't break 1 tackle) Michel. The IR was just a hiccup.

I’m counting on you, Patriot fan. Lol! I’m hopeful Harris can wrest the job away from Michel and Burk once he’s activated. 

3 hours ago, '71 Bucks said:

I honestly think BB knows Cam is a short term stopgap and therefore is not afraid to run him into the ground since he is clearly at his most effective when he's a running threat. But that's just speculation on my part. 

I know its just one game but I definitely did not expect them to utilize Cam in that way. I thought that they would take a more conservative/traditional approach with him. I invested in both Harris and Michel during my draft because of the value. But, after watching that, I'm off the Harris ship. He loses 3 weeks to Michel and even when he comes back, the Pats face the Chiefs in week 4 which will most likely be a White game. Then four of their next five match-ups after that are the Broncos,  Bills,  Niners, Ravens.

• Thanks 1

Given how inefficient Michel has been, he’s definitely worth a hold.

Edited by rasrar
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LAeagle said:

My secret CMC replacement 🤫

You mean you're going to switch the IR spots between both everyday?

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2020 at 3:37 PM, TonyRomo said:

Every Pats RB got a ~20% snap count (even JJ Taylor got 11%) and showed absolutely nothing. Harris will at least get a crack at the job and easily worth a hold

Any news on harris?

also this snap rate is concerning for any rb

I'm holding in IR, and hopefully when he's activated I can find someone to drop. I just don't know how patient I'm going to be able to be with this guy. Hopefully in his first game he shows something, because if it still looks like a clusterf@ck of RB snaps I'm probably out for a better stash

4 hours ago, owenmills said:

I'm holding in IR, and hopefully when he's activated I can find someone to drop. I just don't know how patient I'm going to be able to be with this guy. Hopefully in his first game he shows something, because if it still looks like a clusterf@ck of RB snaps I'm probably out for a better stash

I'm in a very similar place. I've actually toyed with the idea of offering him to the Michel owner, but I'm not so sure that I want to do that...might want to just hang onto him and see what happens. 

Just waiting to be able to release The Kraken....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sizzlebshu said:

Any news on harris?

also this snap rate is concerning for any rb

Haven't heard anything, but I doubt the hand injury keeps him out for more than the 3 weeks. I just have a really good feeling about this guy. It's the year of the late round lotto RBs!

28 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Worth a speculative add before next week?

That’s my plan in one league. Can’t end up worse than Jordan Howard’s production

32 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Worth a speculative add before next week?

I think he is, also. I’ve been carrying him in my IR slot after drafting him because I believe he has a legit shot at taking control of this backfield. Michel and Burkhead have been nothing special, so I believe the kid will have the opportunity to be the lead back. 

• Like 1

The time is now if you have a burnable roster spot for these players like him and Deebo who are eligible to come back next week.