sSektor

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

Drafted him and have kept him on IR since he was my last round flier. 

Hoping for some positive news regarding his health next week

2 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

Drafted him and have kept him on IR since he was my last round flier. 

Hoping for some positive news regarding his health next week

Same here...drafted late in a keeper league with rounds attached and stashed on IR. I’m hoping for one more week of no RB taking control of the NE backfield. 

Edited by Flyman75

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

Same here...drafted late in a keeper league with rounds attached and stashed on IR. I’m hoping for one more week of no RB taking control of the NE backfield. 

I drafted a bunch of top WRs early (MT, Allen Robinson, and Lockett) and got Kenyan Drake and Gordon as my RB1/2. The rest of my RB roster is McKinnon, Kelley, and Dion Lewis (shoulda grabbed Mike Davis instead). 

Getting Harris back will give me some added juice at the RB position for sure. 

11 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

I drafted a bunch of top WRs early (MT, Allen Robinson, and Lockett) and got Kenyan Drake and Gordon as my RB1/2. The rest of my RB roster is McKinnon, Kelley, and Dion Lewis (shoulda grabbed Mike Davis instead). 

Getting Harris back will give me some added juice at the RB position for sure. 

Don't leave us hanging. Who's your QB, TE, DEF???

• Haha 8

There's a lot of optimism for Damien Harris's return. The Pats' running game is essentially non-existent, almost as if they are just waiting for Harris to dive in and make a splash. Did he play at all in 2019? 

Trying to wait and see what Akers’ status is for game-day so will have to wait. If he’s out I’ll just add him to my IR and add Harris then stash him there too. Just debating if I can wait that long.

5 hours ago, dropshadows said:

There's a lot of optimism for Damien Harris's return. The Pats' running game is essentially non-existent, almost as if they are just waiting for Harris to dive in and make a splash. Did he play at all in 2019? 

My thoughts exactly 

Nope

I just got off the phone with Damien and he told me to put him in my fantasy lineup week 4

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

He appeared in two games and had 4 rushes for 12 yards. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, dropshadows said:

Someone's going to need to take the pitch from Cam on those option plays at some point.

36 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Someone's going to need to take the pitch from Cam on those option plays at some point.

James White

7 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

James White

White was an exceptional pairing for a short-yardage slinger like Brady, but a physical running like Cam needs somebody who can legitimately run between the tackles to help keep the defense honest. If they can also catch, that's a bonus. I'm very cautiously optimistic here. Reports out of camp were saying he looked great, and we all know Michel is not cutting it and Burkhead is more of a James White than a bruiser.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDude4bides said:

White was an exceptional pairing for a short-yardage slinger like Brady, but a physical running like Cam needs somebody who can legitimately run between the tackles to help keep the defense honest. If they can also catch, that's a bonus. I'm very cautiously optimistic here. Reports out of camp were saying he looked great, and we all know Michel is not cutting it and Burkhead is more of a James White than a bruiser.

Agreed. Im really hoping they realize that Sony is not the answer and let this guy get his chance. I do know he runs alot harder than Sony and can break a tackle or 2 unlike Sony.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Agreed. Im really hoping they realize that Sony is not the answer and let this guy get his chance. I do know he runs alot harder than Sony and can break a tackle or 2 unlike Sony.

Yes he does, though that's not a huge feat (very low bar). I owned Michel his rookie year in a keeper. As much as I loved his numbers down the stretch, I couldn't get over the fact that a well placed sneeze (I know, not the right phrase mid-COVID 😂) would send this guy to the turf. He broke a grand total of 11 tackles in over 200 carries 🤮. He was getting 2.4 yards before contact that year, which is the only reason his YPC looked halfway decent. As his YBC has dropped, his YAC has also dropped, which tells me he needs a full head of steam to have any hope at extra yardage.

Fun fact: Antonio Gibson already has 11 broken tackles through 2 games.

Drafted Damien with the last pick this year so I could IR him until he's back. Can't wait to see what he can do!

6 minutes ago, Cody_ODea said:

It's been 3 weeks right? Any updates on his possible return?

He's got to miss this week. Maybe there will be an update on the Sunday pregame shows or next week. 

Sony Michel is only as good as the block in front of him.

Without a legit blocking FB (Develin) Sony has been trash. Bring on DHar!!!!!

Edited by SyNdicateZ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pdizzle710 said:

I currently...currently...have a deep RB room, but I am really anxious to see if this guy can turn into anything substantive. He’s been stashed on my IR since he was placed there by the Pats, and I’d love to see him get a full audition. 

One thing is we’d have to understand that Cam will likely vulture a lot of his TD opportunities inside the 5. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, pdizzle710 said:

Local talk radio also cant wait to get DHar in the game! Everyone agrees Sony was/is a wasted pick. 

• Like 2

He's still a FA in my 10 teamer but concerned about his ceiling with a crowded backfield, White on passing downs (when he returns) and Cam vulturing.

Is there an attractive ceiling here?