sSektor

Damien Harris 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, Jubanton said:

He's still a FA in my 10 teamer but concerned about his ceiling with a crowded backfield, White on passing downs (when he returns) and Cam vulturing.

Is there an attractive ceiling here?

Who u got on your bench? Whats your team look like? ill tell u who to drop...

Mattison 

Edmunds

Mike Davis

Will Fuller

Devonta Freeman

Jeff Wilson Jr.

Playing standard but I am just curious what is the excitement around him. 

I've stashed him on IR in a couple leagues. The rest of the backfield truly sucks; especially without White. The Pats could really use another threat to take some heat off Cam with some play action.

So, here's a video of him in preseason last year and to my uneducated eye, he doesn't look very fast or quick. He looks a lot like...Sony Michel. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfC2VWLG0as

And here's a link talking about him in camp and they while he gets what's blocked...he doesn't look very quick or fast. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAbg5cVnoqs

If you've got the room, sure. But "league winner" is getting thrown around a little hastily by some. I'm open (if not outwardly seeking) alternative opinions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

So, here's a video of him in preseason last year and to my uneducated eye, he doesn't look very fast or quick. He looks a lot like...Sony Michel. 

And here's a link talking about him in camp and they while he gets what's blocked...he doesn't look very quick or fast. 

If you've got the room, sure. But "league winner" is getting thrown around a little hastily by some. I'm open (if not outwardly seeking) alternative opinions. 

837072ca19e3c5cebea76e2693f3100d.gif

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Cam is running... no interest for Harris

Not that I'm comparing the two, but CMC had great production with Cam behind center, even in his rookie year. 

One could also argue that he's running because, well, there aren't many other options.

21 minutes ago, Tomy said:

You mean that dude who gets hurt every year? Also that dude who shared the backfield with the #1 RB for multiple seasons over the past few years.

Have fun banking on that for 16 weeks. 

17 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen the "league winner" term tossed around. As for Harris, what I like about him is that he has better vision and better feet than Michel, and I also believe he's a stronger runner. So while he doesn't have that top-end speed that we'd love to see, I think his vision and his ability to move in traffic will net him more yards than Michel. And when he is engaged by a defender, I think he has the ability to break tackles and extend his yardage more than Michel does. And of course, he adds the element of pass-catching that Michel simply does not. 

Now, what McDaniels decides to do with this is another matter altogether. I personally believe Harris gives them a better ability to keep one RB on the field longer, rather than having to swap out. And while NE has this reputation for playing tons of RBs and spreading the carries around, that really isn't supported by history over the course of Hoodie's tenure. 

34 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Yea, good call. CMC sucked with Cam at the helm in 2018 🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheDude4bides said:

But Harris is no CMC. 🙂

Nonetheless, I have him stashed where I can.

Edited by FitzMagic

2 minutes ago, TheDude4bides said:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

When was the last time a rookie Patriots RB was a league winner?  Lol.  Not rookies, but James White was nice, as was Blount, but cmon guys.

1 minute ago, kdko said:

When was the last time a rookie Patriots RB was a league winner?  Lol.  Not rookies, but James White was nice, as was Blount, but cmon guys.

I go big. It's league winner or bust for me. I'm constantly throwing RB2s back 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kdko said:

Anywhere but up for him though considering the absolute trash he has to beat out.

2 minutes ago, kdko said:

lol. People aren't calling him a league winner. Though I haven't read all 9 pages here. Also I 100% have won leagues starting Pats RBs over the years, they are a wildly underrated group of producers.

36 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

damn thanks for the video of his first preseason snaps as a rookie that was sick 

Just now, Moveless said:

lol. People aren't calling him a league winner. Though I haven't read all 9 pages here. Also I 100% have won leagues starting Pats RBs over the years, they are a wildly underrated group of producers.

Satellite backs, in PPR...sure.  You had Lewis and White that produced at points.  Harris doesn't fit that mold.  Blount also had his TD thing going on.  Other than that, who would you be talking about?  Patriots backs are not wildly underrated, they're wildly unpredictable and obnoxious.

• Like 1

They’re going to give him a shot to be the guy. They’ve all but given up on Sony, Burkhead is steady and reliable but frankly just awful. I don’t think Harris is particularly dynamic, but he’s a really well-rounded no nonsense back with size, burst, and vision. He’s also a pretty solid pass catcher and Bill/McDaniels may like that so they’re not tipping their hand by which running back is in the game.

Cam has been running effectively, but they’re not going to let him run 12-15 times a game if they want him to last 17 games. Even if he does continue to beast, he did the same thing in Carolina, and both JStew/Deangelo Williams had seasons top 15 seasons with him taking a ton of carries and goal line work.

1 minute ago, dropshadows said:

Sony Michel helped me get into the playoffs in his rookie year. 

It's important that you said playoffs and not the 'ship!  He didn't help you when he was out weeks 14-16 😃

Satellite backs, in PPR...sure.  You had Lewis and White that produced at points.  Harris doesn't fit that mold.  Blount also had his TD thing going on.  Other than that, who would you be talking about?  Patriots backs are not wildly underrated, they're wildly unpredictable and obnoxious.

I won a league with Blount that year, and he was no special talent. Not something to throw out. He burnt people in other years but Steven Ridley had some unreal games that won me weeks. Lewis, White, Vereen, Woodhead all good PPR producers over the last 10 years. Sony was good his rookie season but an injury happened. That's not something that you can fault the teams position with, thats on Sony. 

The problem with the pats backfield is they never seem to have a star which leads to them changing out whatever scrub is running for them every few years. But the fact is these scrubs producer on the Pats system. And if Harris isn't a Scrub he could easily be an RB2 type to finish out the year for your team.

It's important that you said playoffs and not the 'ship!  He didn't help you when he was out weeks 14-16 😃

I also didn't mention how I benched him in the 'ship and he went for 116 yards and a TD. 2nd place aint so bad I guess lol.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

Mattison 

Edmunds

Mike Davis

Will Fuller

Devonta Freeman

Jeff Wilson Jr.

Playing standard but I am just curious what is the excitement around him. 

Wilson goes bye bye for me. Just because Mosert will be back soon

• Like 1