ST. STEVEN

James White 2020 Outlook

11 minutes ago, young dude said:

With the shallow WRs in New England are people not more excited about him this year?

Yeah, real lack of WRs and TEs that are totally unproven--their defense is also primed to regress. He is gonna do some great stuff this year. Cam adds a new element to the offense, he can at least make a defender miss and let White work his way open in the 2nd level of the defense.

I got him all 3 of my leagues, therefore, he will be a bust!  Nah, theres a reason i took him, ppr monster, not monster, but ppr well oiled machine

the writing is on the wall he will be catching passes for days on this new revamped belichik (i cant spell his name) philosophy

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

I just took him over David Montgomery in full ppr. I went with safety here. I think White won't be overly exciting, but will have a consistent floor this year.

White seems so forgotten this year. I’ve tried to snag him in all drafts with as late his adp is currently. Glad I was able to get it most leagues. 

12 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

White seems so forgotten this year. I’ve tried to snag him in all drafts with as late his adp is currently. Glad I was able to get it most leagues. 

He’s a steal in PPR with an ADP of 95ish, he is going to smash that. 

17 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

I think it’s the uncertainty of whether or not he’ll have the same chemistry with Newton that he had with Brady. But he’s one of their most valuable weapons, and I have to think they’ll get him heavily involved. 

I mean I guess but cam able to throw the ball a few feet to CMC lol. Not saying white is CMC but like mentioned an absolute steal this year. Plus the pats didn’t add any weapons, although I’m interested to see Harry play. Plus just recently lost Harris and Sony is banged up and was horrible last year to. The way rbs come off the board just don’t get it but thank you lol. 

Edited by UcanTry

1 minute ago, UcanTry said:

I mean I guess but cam able to throw the ball a few feet to CMC lol. Not saying white is CMC but like mentioned an absolute steal this year. Plus the pats didn’t add any weapons, although I’m interested to see Harry play. Plus just recently lost Harris and Sony is banged up and was horrible last year to. The way rbs come off the board just don’t get it but thank you lol. 

Was just trying to offer a possible reason.

Just now, Flyman75 said:

Was just trying to offer a possible reason.

Oh i know I was just saying. Wasn’t directed at you. 

I got him in the 9th of a 12 team ppr. Even then people were saying they wouldn't have taken him, which surprised me. 

Criminally underrated. Where do people think the ball is going in New England if not to James White and 34-year old Julian Edelman over and over?

Edited by Gandalfthecat

Getting good vibes that this Newton-led offense is going to feature Mr. White a lot.  I just see Mr. White being the best at being a versatile back in this new offense that will probably have a option flavor at times.  I can see it now...*Cam hikes the ball...read option ....holds it.....White breaks a slight route....Cam hits him for ANOTHER PATRIOTS' FIRST DOWN!!!*

James White in for a big year. PPR beast. If Cam could do it with CMC he will do the same with James White plus Michel and Harris are banged up. He's New England's WR2. He'll be a solid flex/RB3 this year. 

• Like 1

Having some seriously positive vibes about my boy Mr. White.  Super happy to have this stud back on some of my fantasy rosters.  I think White is going to bear a burden early on - experience, reliability, and health.  He could be huge for the first four games this season to keep you competitive.  Super excited to watch this Patriots offense this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NativeTheory said:

Anyone starting him today? Lost Sanders and have Montgomery as iffy so wondering if he can hold down my RB2 slot today...

I think he is going to be very serviceable all year so I would feel good starting him today. Have him going in one of my PPR leagues as an RB2.

40 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

I think he is going to be very serviceable all year so I would feel good starting him today. Have him going in one of my PPR leagues as an RB2.

yes. I have him in. 

I dont trust ANY NE. RB in my lineup\rosters. Watch frikkin Burkhead start and get a decent load...

If there was ever a week to feel good about him in your lineup it's this week with Michel and harris banged up

James White produces every single season in PPR leagues and this won’t be any different. Cam will be checking down to him & Edelman like crazy. He’s a must start in your flex spot and a good RB2. Start with confidence.

• Like 1

This guy has a Kareem Hunt like floor in PPR. Will catch his 5 or 6 balls with a chance of much more.

"Cam Newton LOVES to throw to his RBs, look what he did for CMC!"

Does he though?  All I remember is selfish Cam from his early years where he NEVER threw to his RBs.  Only with CMC did it start to seemingly increase.  James White is no CMC. I'm worried about this guy's season outlook.  Cam can just take off, he doesn't need to dump off.

5 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Yikes

They only threw 19 times and were im control of the game all day. That wont happen probably starting next week.

Edited by nmartinez12443