ST. STEVEN

James White 2020 Outlook

He’ll be fine. He is the type of RB that everyone will be very happy they roster once the bye weeks hit hard.

Just now, Benjamin1984 said:

He’ll be fine. He is the type of RB that everyone will be very happy they roster once the bye weeks hit hard.

maybe if he gets traded to Tampa Bay 🤔 #12 sure could use him. 

10 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

His weekly floor appears to be lower than I was hoping for in a PPR flex play.

22 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

maybe if he gets traded to Tampa Bay 🤔 #12 sure could use him. 

As I said, they only threw 19 times and he got 3 of them and they were ahead the entire game he will consistently get your 5-6 catches in competitive games, which is a top 24 in full ppr.

Next three games. Sea, LV, KC.

They will throwing much more.

No way Cam keeps up the pace of running 15 times, 13 QB designed run plays. Pats were playing smash mouth against a former Pats D coordinator (probably the best one they have had in a long time).

That was just an odd game script or very much a preseason game approach. Cam was uber efficient. 

Not freaking out and not concerned. 

Edited by dudewithabadcat

I expect he's going to suck in these games vs Miami and NYJ (negative game script) but the Pats schedule is fairly tough throughout the year so there will be lots of opportunity when they are playing catch up. Kind of a weird situation where he's a better play against tougher opponents.

Playing Seattle this week so hopefully the Pats are losing and we see more from James White. It was pretty much an even snap split from White/Michel/Burkhead last week.

INACTIVE tonight.  WTF?!  I hope it's not Covid...

2 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

That is really sad and tragic. Prayers for mom.

Horrible prayers

Anyone else think he balls out this week (if he plays)? I really think BB makes it an emphasis to get him the ball

Edited by TonyRomo

4 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

Anyone else think he balls out this week (if he plays)?

Too soon 

• Thanks 2

Thoughts and prayers to him and his family. But in terms of fantasy relevance, I'm starting to feel that having shares of the NE backfield is even worth it this year. Especially in standard leagues.

48 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

Thoughts and prayers to him and his family. But in terms of fantasy relevance, I'm starting to feel that having shares of the NE backfield is even worth it this year. Especially in standard leagues.

I'd wait and see with White.  Great chance he is gonna ball out.  Cam isn't going to be running if he gets his passing game going.  He ain't no fool.  He might be the swaggiest *********** of all time but he knows that he needs to keep his body in good shape, this is where Mr. White comes in.  They need him for depth.  Gonna be a great year.  Plus, James White is a god damn man amongst men.  He is gonna go out and ball.  He always has and always will.  BUY LOW. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I'd wait and see with White.  Great chance he is gonna ball out.  Cam isn't going to be running if he gets his passing game going.  He ain't no fool.  He might be the swaggiest *********** of all time but he knows that he needs to keep his body in good shape, this is where Mr. White comes in.  They need him for depth.  Gonna be a great year.  Plus, James White is a god damn man amongst men.  He is gonna go out and ball.  He always has and always will.  BUY LOW. 

I do agree, generally. White is vastly underrated right about now. Cam has shown a lot early. IF White is ready to go, he is a great play in PPR imo.

so.  we need to keep an eye on this guy this week.  any word on whether or not he has been at practice?  I am suspecting he is out this week.  Patriots are a family first type of business. 

Got dropped in my league and the end of my bench is Nyheim and Slayton. Would love to grab but not sure it’s worth it. 

No practice today, 9/24, appears he will be missing week 3, barring his being on the field Friday.

Goal line work is even more limited with Cam. 

Cam is throwing to WRs in a way Brady has never done, at least in the past 5 years. 

White is not a traditional running back, in that a bulk of his value is as a receiver. 

For those reasons, i think he’s droppable  in 10 man leagues, even if its PPR. 

1 minute ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

Goal line work is even more limited with Cam. 

Cam is throwing to WRs in a way Brady has never done, at least in the past 5 years. 

White is not a traditional running back, in that a bulk of his value is as a receiver. 

For those reasons, i think he’s droppable  in 10 man leagues, even if its PPR. 

James White doesn't earn his money around the goal line. I agree Cam caps his upside a bit, but White is still a RB2/flex depending on the matchup.