ST. STEVEN

James White 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, mjb said:

No practice today, 9/24, appears he will be missing week 3, barring his being on the field Friday.

 

He is going to be out for a few more weeks I suspect.  Depends on how his mother responds.  Dude could be dealing with two funerals.  prayers. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

James White doesn't earn his money around the goal line. I agree Cam caps his upside a bit, but White is still a RB2/flex depending on the matchup. 

James White isn't scoring many 60 yard touchdowns. When he does receive or rush for them- they are within the 20 yard line. Typically WELL within the 20. If you hurt his already meager touchdown upside, you're relying entirely on catches and yards. If you're okay with a 6-10 point player, then by all means, have at it. I just don't see him being a factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

James White isn't scoring many 60 yard touchdowns. When he does receive or rush for them- they are within the 20 yard line. Typically WELL within the 20. If you hurt his already meager touchdown upside, you're relying entirely on catches and yards. If you're okay with a 6-10 point player, then by all means, have at it. I just don't see him being a factor.

His fantasy value depends on one thing and that's pass game usage. TD's are just a bonus. His role as the pass catching back is secure and Pats will have games where they need to throw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetdog16 said:

His fantasy value depends on one thing and that's pass game usage. TD's are just a bonus. His role as the pass catching back is secure and Pats will have games where they need to throw. 

100%, Full PPR is really where you'd want to own him.  Flex/RB3 territory, hoping he receives 10-12 touches minimum per game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally understand if he sits out another week here but any word if he is practicing today or not? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just have to wait and see... this isn't a predictable scenario. He missed yesterday's practice so it would not be surprising if he sits out the rest of this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2020 at 8:18 AM, Motown_Magic said:

Totally understand if he sits out another week here but any word if he is practicing today or not? 

Patriots rule out Andrews, White, Uche for Week 3 vs. Raiders originally appeared on NBC Sports Boston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone dropped h in my league may spend a considerable amount for james

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Someone dropped h in my league may spend a considerable amount for james

Seems bold, dealing with family situation/Burkhead, lots to overcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjb said:

Seems bold, dealing with family situation/Burkhead, lots to overcome.

Burkhead does this every year when the starting backfield in NE shrinks down due to injuries and whatnot. Absolute fools gold and anyone that isn’t aware of this hasn’t been paying attention to the NE backfield the last few years.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Burkhead does this every year when the starting backfield in NE shrinks down due to injuries and whatnot. Absolute fools gold and anyone that isn’t aware of this hasn’t been paying attention to the NE backfield the last few years.

Backfields don't change?

 

There's a new person taking snaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

Backfields don't change?

 

There's a new person taking snaps.

White has been out the last two weeks and Damien Harris will eventually return. Sony is still getting run. Burkhead produced because of a lack of availability of competition on the roster for week 3. White should not be sitting on waivers and historically has a solidified role as the receiving RB on this team. 

Burkhead scored 3 TDs while playing at a 46% snap share (down 25% from last week). Pointing at one big week as being why someone shouldn't capitalize on another team dropping White feels like bad process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

White has been out the last two weeks and Damien Harris will eventually return. Sony is still getting run. Burkhead produced because of a lack of availability of competition on the roster for week 3. White should not be sitting on waivers and historically has a solidified role as the receiving RB on this team. 

Burkhead scored 3 TDs while playing at a 46% snap share (down 25% from last week). Pointing at one big week as being why someone shouldn't capitalize on another team dropping White feels like bad process. 


Exactly right. James White’s role is not in any sort of jeopardy. Once he is back with the team, I fully expect him to be the second best receiving option in NE. Unless we’re talking standard or a very shallow league, he has no business being on waivers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, esprits4s said:

Yahoo just removed the Q tag.  Any news out there on his status?

 

Back at practice today:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harris is back too but I can’t imagine he will be active. 
 

I really want to play White this week vs KC but I’m quite worried it’s going to be a dud because of Michel/Burkhead. Have to think he’d see a lot of targets if they are playing from behind though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Harris is back too but I can’t imagine he will be active. 
 

I really want to play White this week vs KC but I’m quite worried it’s going to be a dud because of Michel/Burkhead. Have to think he’d see a lot of targets if they are playing from behind though.

 

Why can't you imagine Harris being active? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

 

Why can't you imagine Harris being active? 


I assume he is behind White, Rex, and Sony. There’s also JJ Taylor who has been getting touches. There are only so many roster spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:


I assume he is behind White, Rex, and Sony. There’s also JJ Taylor who has been getting touches. There are only so many roster spots.

If everyone is healthy... Sony and Harris will be the early down backs. White is the passing down back. Rex will mostly go back to special teams. Taylor will be inactive, most likely. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

White's back just in time for a matchup with the Chiefs that should force the Patriots into throwing more than usual. Could be one of his better games of the season, 60 total yards and 4 catches is his floor imo. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

If everyone is healthy... Sony and Harris will be the early down backs. White is the passing down back. Rex will mostly go back to special teams. Taylor will be inactive, most likely. 

Agreed. This is how I see it playing out on Sunday if NE activate Damien Harris off IR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:


I assume he is behind White, Rex, and Sony. There’s also JJ Taylor who has been getting touches. There are only so many roster spots.


Taylor is the odd man out. I can’t imagine Harris being inactive, tbh...not after how good he apparently looked in camp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing KC should be a "White" game.. KC IS going to score, most likely a lot of points.  I'd "guess" White gets 10-12 touches, possibly more.  RB3/Flex until we hear otherwise.  Burkhead will probably mix in with half dozen, "swiss army knife" role, special teams. Taylor should be inactive as others have said.  Again full PPR is where White's value lies.  Hopefully he is feeling well, what a tragedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see him

get a lot of usage if he’s up to it. Something were he has a big game and dedicates it to his family. 
seems like bill would make sure to give him an opportunity to play his heart out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.