Rotoworld.com Forums

James White 2020 Outlook

13 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

I can see him

get a lot of usage if he’s up to it. Something were he has a big game and dedicates it to his family. 
seems like bill would make sure to give him an opportunity to play his heart out. 

Well yea that and also its a game vs KC, pass catching game back for sure. No sony here.

Edited by pdog109
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Burkhead does this every year when the starting backfield in NE shrinks down due to injuries and whatnot. Absolute fools gold and anyone that isn’t aware of this hasn’t been paying attention to the NE

Yes, he WAS very steady with Tom...

Noticed a Scott Barrett tweet last night: White averaged 19.3 FPG in losses last season, 11.2 FPG in wins. Though he did average half a target more per game in the wins. I think he was

23 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

No, i don't know. But it doesn't matter.

Its not a game that sets up for Sony play anyway.

Its game that sets up for NE pass catching backs ----> James White,  not Sony

Send Burkhead BACK to bench ASAP, be gone.

Edited by pdog109
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Tenner said:

First time owner of White. Been playing fantasy since 2005. 

Im glad I have him. But will likely not start over The Jet this week

Well your not now, KC vs NE cancelled/postponned ewhatever.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pdog109 said:

Up arrow or down arrow now with Teddy in as QB?

At least White's potential GL looks/usage should go up since Teddy is not apt to run it in like Cam would normally, right?

lool what

i coulda swore Teddy was on the patriots. RIP

so who lol

• Haha 2

This backfield feels like deja vu all over again.

White, Burkhead, Harris, Michel, JJ Taylor, Johnson etc...  Even with injuries to Michel and games when they should throw, I can't trust White to be put into my line up (Newton TD Vulture) and yet I can't drop him.

It feels like I am wasting a roster spot for that one game when I say on Monday, "I should have played him" and then try to sell High on him.

21 minutes ago, MonsterMan said:

This backfield feels like deja vu all over again.

White, Burkhead, Harris, Michel, JJ Taylor, Johnson etc...  Even with injuries to Michel and games when they should throw, I can't trust White to be put into my line up (Newton TD Vulture) and yet I can't drop him.

It feels like I am wasting a roster spot for that one game when I say on Monday, "I should have played him" and then try to sell High on him.

19 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

He's a 6-10 point player at this point.. bye week filler at most.

Just...no.

White is the same player he's always been. His role is the same and it's pretty easy to project his workload. In pass-happy game scripts he is a RB2. Otherwise he's an RB3/Flex. Just like always.

Edited by Jetdog16
6 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Lol in full ppr? I think not could be a lot guys rb2 if hes getting 5 catches per.

Yeah it seems any rushing yards he gets are a bonus. Still, i think 3 carries is too low for him, should be 5-8 range or at least try to be creative with him since you can and not like bum Burkhead.

Probably gotta keep rolling him out since he still got rec. with garbage QBs but vs garbage DEN I don't see them chasing points but who knows.

Edited by pdog109
  • Like 1

As long as Cam is out regardless of matchup White is a RB2. That offense is sorry without Newton and Stidham/Hoyer will lean on him underneath. White's even lining up out wide as he's clearly a large part of the team's game plan. He doesn't just catch dump offs, Belichick wants the football in his hands -- he's sadly one of the best weapons NE has. 

Edited by Jetdog16
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yes he returned to practice on Fri (was not injury related), expect him in his usual role this afternoon.

So that means hardly on the field except passing downs, somehow ends up with about 5 receptions for 48 for his normal around 10 points PPR?

Never a high ceiling, but some weeks I'll take it.  I hate owning this guy but somehow do every year.

16 minutes ago, CooL said:

So that means hardly on the field except passing downs, somehow ends up with about 5 receptions for 48 for his normal around 10 points PPR?

Never a high ceiling, but some weeks I'll take it.  I hate owning this guy but somehow do every year.

Sounds like a you problem 🤷‍♂️

Dude is as consistent as it gets. Won't win you a championship but won't lose it for you either. 

5 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Sounds like a you problem 🤷‍♂️

Dude is as consistent as it gets. Won't win you a championship but won't lose it for you either. 

There’s always nothing better when his ADP comes around. He’s average but I guess you need some boring people to prop up the squad. Have to play this week because no other options. Hopefully he decides to show up today.