ST. STEVEN

James White 2020 Outlook

I am not giving up on James White just yet in PPR leagues. I don't know what the hell happened last week but it's clear the Pats Offense will have to rely on YAC yards for the rest of the season because they have nothing there downfield and White is easily the "shiftiest" player left on the roster now that Edelman is washed. 

Another game like last weekend though and he's done, but I think he will get his 6 to 8 catches like he usually does in competitive games. 

• Like 1

Fortuitously we have some history of White vs Buffalo:

1. In his Career he is avg 50 total yards 5 catches and .5 TD's...In PPR that is 13 PPR points...

2. In 2019 he averaged 45 yards and 6 receptions. No Td's. Avg PPR 10.5 PPR points

With the bye's hammering me on week 9 I am taking this.

3 minutes ago, elpursuit said:

I am not giving up on James White just yet in PPR leagues. I don't know what the hell happened last week but it's clear the Pats Offense will have to rely on YAC yards for the rest of the season because they have nothing there downfield and White is easily the "shiftiest" player left on the roster now that Edelman is washed. 

Another game like last weekend though and he's done, but I think he will get his 6 to 8 catches like he usually does in competitive games. 

I think Cam said it himself "he pushed too [hard]".  I don't think Cam is making the easy plays with his arm or his legs.  For the love of god, I don't know why Cam didn't just run more last week.  "Cam here is the thing...shh....BB doesn't give a **** if your shoulder pops out and you miss the rest of the season.  Next man up is Stidham and the kid is the heir to the throne...shh..."  Anyways.  Part of keeping it simple is giving the ball to White instead of pressing down the field trying to force throws to Byrd, Harry, and Edelman.  I'm a bit irritated that this TE situation is not panning out with the Pats too.   All of this weighs on the value of White.  White does not stop the bleeding on this offense.  It is that Plan B when the defense finally figures out how to stop you when you are rolling.  Pats aren't rolling.  I'm holding White but I am skurred. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

All of this weighs on the value of White.  White does not stop the bleeding on this offense.  It is that Plan B when the defense finally figures out how to stop you when you are rolling.  Pats aren't rolling.  I'm holding White but I am skurred. 

It all depends on what you are missing out on by holding him and how shallow the league is. For the most part he's been in the ballpark of what he usually is. I don't see how he's too much different then he was coming into the year and I would imagine most people that draft him know what kind of player he is and that he is entirely a scoring format specific player. He was coming off the board between the 7th-10th rounds after all. I think the only people hurting here are the ones that went zero RB expecting slam dunk top 15 weekly PPR production from him. They were asking for it anyway this year.

17 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

It all depends on what you are missing out on by holding him and how shallow the league is. For the most part he's been in the ballpark of what he usually is. I don't see how he's too much different then he was coming into the year and I would imagine most people that draft him know what kind of player he is and that he is entirely a scoring format specific player. He was coming off the board between the 7th-10th rounds after all. I think the only people hurting here are the ones that went zero RB expecting slam dunk top 15 weekly PPR production from him. They were asking for it anyway this year.

he has totaled maybe 7 points over the last two weeks. That is not James White numbers. 

5 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

he has totaled maybe 7 points over the last two weeks. That is not James White numbers. 

He’s totaled almost 17 points in the last two weeks in full PPR - if you’re talking about standard leagues, I have no idea why he’d be rostered to begin with.

• Like 2

How do people feel about him this week? [...] Thought he had a good floor but last week proved that wrong.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

I am dropping after a 5.5 point showing in  a full PPR league after his clunker 2 weeks ago. Should be a Harris game against Jets.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think this guy is droppable.  Only 21 snaps last week, five targets.  Burkhead being the multitool has had a stead 42-48% snap share in the last 3 games.  If we can't count on White to be in on all the third downs, then he's useless.

Once again, it proves that owning a Pats RB is never a solid bet.  Sure, it might be a "White game" and he'll get 50% snap share, the team will be blown out, and finally Newton might dump off like he used to when he had CMC.  But when does that happen?  When can you count on it?  

8 hours ago, CooL said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think this guy is droppable.  Only 21 snaps last week, five targets.  Burkhead being the multitool has had a stead 42-48% snap share in the last 3 games.  If we can't count on White to be in on all the third downs, then he's useless.

Once again, it proves that owning a Pats RB is never a solid bet.  Sure, it might be a "White game" and he'll get 50% snap share, the team will be blown out, and finally Newton might dump off like he used to when he had CMC.  But when does that happen?  When can you count on it?  

I dropped him this week for all the reasons you've mentioned.. He had 6 touches the whole game and 3 of them came on the final drive with 40 seconds left. This is becoming the norm rather than the exception. Like you said, he probably has a couple decent games in him ROS but I but I just can't see him being useful with any consistency when he's getting 4-10 touches a game in a mediocre offense.

Edited by fletch44

Just picked this stud up. Totally expecting a turnaround, cause I need it lol. 

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

Wishful thinking.  We all need it but don't expect a miracle.

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

Even in the wasteland known as RB waiver wire, there are better options out there than this guy. Best of luck

Burkhead done for the year? White came in and instantly took over the receiving role again. 

Interesting add for RB needy teams if Burkhead is out, especially in PPR formats of course.

NE plays Arizona, Chargers, Rams, Dolphins, Bills. Most of those offenses can put up points in a hurry, so White becomes useful.

You can't expect Brady chemistry but he might become a sneaky good RB2/3 option.

Edited by YK35
  • Like 1

picked him up and hoping for mad dump offs from Cam. Hoping he can put up serviceable RB2 numbers with at least a safe floor of 10. .5 ppr

starting over edmonds, gio bernard/perine

Edited by brosephd