FlashGordon401

Alexander Mattison 2020 Outlook

Can't believe I'm stoked about this, but just glad it's not a situation where "Cook is going to try and give it a go" because you know if you play Cook, he'll play a quarter then sit the rest of the game and if you play Mattison then Cook will pay the entire game

1 minute ago, young dude said:

RB2 floor this week if starting?

Yes.

• Haha 1

Hopefully he shows why he's one of the most important cuffs in FF this weekend. 

• Like 1

Everyone is assuming this is just a one week smash play, but there might be more too, noticed this in The Athletic today:

"Cook suffered an adductor strain in Week 5 and underwent a MRI to determine the severity. The Inside Injuries algorithm has labeled this as a grade 2 (moderate) strain, which comes with a five-week Optimal Recovery Time. He is expected to be out at least through the Vikings’ Week 7 bye, but even a Week 8 return would be too soon. Groin strains are tough to play through and easy to aggravate. Cook also has dealt with some serious injuries to the same left leg, including a torn ACL in 2017 and multiple hamstring strains in 2018."

"If Cook waits until week 10 to return I think he could play well in the final few months of the season, although our future projections indicate he will remain a High Injury Risk into December. His HPF will get back in that Above Average category if he avoids any setbacks and waits a full 5 weeks to return. Any sooner and this will affect his explosiveness and ability to cut and change direction."

I am not so sure about any of this, but thought it was worth considering.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mongeese said:

I would think Cook would be on IR if it was going to be five weeks.

you dont but ur focal point of ur entire offense on ir if there is any chance hes back after the bye. makes no sense. what do they gain an extra roster spot for some scrub?

What a colossal flop today was!!

On 10/15/2020 at 5:28 AM, Uncle_Ruckus said:

I wouldn’t be counting on this guy. I have Cook in a league and wouldn’t even bother touching Mattison. I won a big league last year because someone played Mattison and Boone came in and was more effective while Mattison messed the bed. AVOID 

Post of the year

• Like 3

1 minute ago, street sharks said:

Cousins/gamescript really screwed him over today

I don’t know… He got two goal line carries at the 2 yard line and cannot do anything with it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FooserX said:

I don’t know… He got two goal line carries at the 2 yard line and cannot do anything with it

there were 13 total carries by rbs in this game.

not that mattison was setting the world on fire but the run game got game scripted out.

lol. game script or not, mattison can catch out of the back field. what a joke. no excuses for how they used him. also F*** cousins. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

lol. game script or not, mattison can catch out of the back field. what a joke. no excuses for how they used him. also F*** cousins. 

Wide open on the first touchdown and cousins throws into traffic for a lucky td

8 minutes ago, FooserX said:

horrendous. didn't know that. what a flop. 

When he was given the gig, He did this same thing to end the season last year. What a disappointing flop.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Wide open on the first touchdown and cousins throws into traffic for a lucky td

lol man, must have been a maddening game for those of you that watched. 

Alexander Mattison. Throwing away his shot.

Edited by CooL
  • Like 2