mocha4313

2020 Bold Predictions

Posted (edited)

These are always fun to come back to after the year and I didn't see a thread for this year yet

The spicier (and ideally more accurate) the better

Here are mine:

QB

Daniel Jones top 8 QB as the Giants fight for the 7 seed

Bengals hit .500 and Joe Burrow is a low QB1

Packers get hit by the regression train a year after they should have and end up missing the playoffs

Jarrett Stidham=Tank Commander=Patriots in the cellar of the division with a top 5 pick

Carson Wentz=This Year's Dak with great stats and a top 5 finish but a 7-9 record, no playoffs and fighting with the Redskins for 3rd in the division

Justin Herbert=Hot Garbage=Chargers win 3 games and pull a Rosen on him by grabbing a QB 1st round next year

RB

Melvin Gordon sucks (again) and Philip Lindsay is the Broncos' top RB despite fewer touches--Denver goes 10-6 and gets the 5 seed

Sony Michel sucks again and Damien Harris takes over the backfield, but is still only a low RB2 thanks to the Patriots playing from behind nearly every game

Joe Mixon=top 3 RB behind just Saquon and CMC thanks to late season-2019 type usage and increased passing game work from Burrow

Singletary and Zack Moss are annoying to own because of unpredictability but finish as low RB2/high FLEX plays for a league-leading Bills rushing offense that takes the 1 seed in the AFC

Takes CEH 4 weeks to seize the starting role from Damien Williams due to pass protection issues; but after torching the Raiders week 5, he is a low RB1 ROS as the Chiefs offense gains balance and unlocks a new level to repeat (no bias)

Jonathan Taylor spends a bit longer in a committee since Marlon Mack is a good player; but after an injury in week 6, he gains the starting job and doesn't lose it for years=low RB1 from week 7 onwards

Akers and Swift post more efficient versions of 2019 David Montgomery type seasons--whether because of a turnstile O Line or an incompetent fat caveman coach outsmarting himself (I'll let you guess which applies to which RB)

WR

Diontae Johnson is Pittsburgh's new number 1 WR and finishes as a fantasy WR2 while Juju shows his 2019 was no fluke and is barely a top 35 WR before walking in the offseason; overall a rough year for the Steelers as Ben shows his age and the defense can't keep them afloat=7-9 in the bottom of the AFC North

DJ Moore and Kenny Golladay are top 5 WRs

Terry McLaurin is DJ Moore 2019 as he gets peppered by targets from Haskins and later Kyle Allen (since Haskins sucks) to the tune of 1200 yards

DeAndre Hopkins shows why moving teams is pretty much never a good thing for a WR's fantasy production--at least not when that move comes with a worse QB (for now) and worse O Line==he is not a top 10 WR

Cooper Kupp regresses with the absence Cooks forcing him to the outside against press/man corners, while Robert Woods regresses positively in the TD department, making both mid to low WR2s

Allen Robinson is a top 8 WR playing with Foles--who is somehow the best QB he has ever had

TY Hilton while healthy is a high WR 2 as Rivers--with a real O Line and organization--shows he was not the problem with the Chargers on a Colts team that is this year's Titans, making the AFC Championship despite narrowly losing the division to the actual Titans and being a Wild Card

Unfortunately TY cannot stay healthy for a full season at this point in his career, opening the door for Michael Pittman to be the number 2 rookie WR behind only Justin Jefferson who feasts in the slot for a QB who loves to target slot WRs in Cousins

TE

Darren Waller=one year wonder whose time has gone now that the Raiders have real WRs; he is not a top 10 TE and not even the top TE on the Raiders with Foster Moreau's sophomore (mini) breakout

Tyler Higbee is also a one hit wonder except he never even really hit; by the end of the year, 4th round rookie Brycen Hopkins is taking the majority of first team TE reps (though as with all rookie TEs: not fantasy relevant)

By the end of the year Dallas Goedert has overtaken Ertz as the Eagles top TE thanks to his ability after the catch and blocking prowess

Hayden Hurst and Mike Gesicki are the number 4 and 5 TEs in fantasy respectively

Interested to see some others

Edited by mocha4313
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

These are always fun to come back to after the year and I didn't see a thread for this year yet

Here are mine:

QB

Daniel Jones top 8 QB as the Giants fight for the 7 seed

Bengals hit .500 and Joe Burrow is a low QB1

Packers get hit by the regression train a year after they should have and end up missing the playoffs

Jarrett Stidham=Tank Commander=Patriots in the cellar of the division with a top 5 pick

Carson Wentz=This Year's Dak with great stats and a top 5 finish but a 7-9 record, no playoffs and fighting with the Redskins for 3rd in the division

Justin Herbert=Hot Garbage=Chargers win 3 games and pull a Rosen on him by grabbing a QB 1st round next year

RB

Melvin Gordon sucks (again) and Philip Lindsay is the Broncos' top RB despite fewer touches--Denver goes 10-6 and gets the 5 seed

Sony Michel sucks again and Damien Harris takes over the backfield, but is still only a low RB2 thanks to the Patriots playing from behind nearly every game

Joe Mixon=top 3 RB behind just Saquon and CMC thanks to late season-2019 type usage and increased passing game work from Burrow

Singletary and Zack Moss are annoying to own because of unpredictability but finish as low RB2/high FLEX plays for a league-leading Bills rushing offense that takes the 1 seed in the AFC

Takes CEH 4 weeks to seize the starting role from Damien Williams due to pass protection issues; but after torching the Raiders week 5, he is a low RB1 ROS as the Chiefs offense gains balance and unlocks a new level to repeat (no bias)

Jonathan Taylor spends a bit longer in a committee since Marlon Mack is a good player; but after an injury in week 6, he gains the starting job and doesn't lose it for years=low RB1 from week 7 onwards

Akers and Swift post more efficient versions of 2019 David Montgomery type seasons--whether because of a turnstile O Line or an incompetent fat caveman coach outsmarting himself (I'll let you guess which applies to which RB)

WR

Diontae Johnson is Pittsburgh's new number 1 WR and finishes as a fantasy WR2 while Juju shows his 2019 was no fluke and is barely a top 35 WR before walking in the offseason; overall a rough year for the Steelers as Ben shows his age and the defense can't keep them afloat=7-9 in the bottom of the AFC North

DJ Moore and Kenny Golladay are top 5 WRs

Terry McLaurin is DJ Moore 2019 as he gets peppered by targets from Haskins and later Kyle Allen (since Haskins sucks) to the tune of 1200 yards

DeAndre Hopkins shows why moving teams is pretty much never a good thing for a WR's fantasy production--at least not when that move comes with a worse QB (for now) and worse O Line==he is not a top 10 WR

Cooper Kupp regresses with the absence Cooks forcing him to the outside against press/man corners, while Robert Woods regresses positively in the TD department, making both mid to low WR2s

Allen Robinson is a top 8 WR playing with Foles--who is somehow the best QB he has ever had

TY Hilton while healthy is a high WR 2 as Rivers--with a real O Line and organization--shows he was not the problem with the Chargers on a Colts team that is this year's Titans, making the AFC Championship despite narrowly losing the division to the actual Titans and being a Wild Card

Unfortunately TY cannot stay healthy for a full season at this point in his career, opening the door for Michael Pittman to be the number 2 rookie WR behind only Justin Jefferson who feasts in the slot for a QB who loves to target slot WRs in Cousins

TE

Darren Waller=one year wonder whose time has gone now that the Raiders have real WRs; he is not a top 10 TE and not even the top TE on the Raiders with Foster Moreau's sophomore (mini) breakout

Tyler Higbee is also a one hit wonder except he never even really hit; by the end of the year, 4th round rookie Brycen Hopkins is taking the majority of first team TE reps (though as with all rookie TEs: not fantasy relevant)

By the end of the year Dallas Goedert has overtaken Ertz as the Eagles top TE thanks to his ability after the catch and blocking prowess

Hayden Hurst and Mike Gesicki are the number 4 and 5 TEs in fantasy respectively

Interested to see some others

Pretty good. Not bold enough really I can see almost all of these hitting.

Except Waller man people seem to hate him for some reason I have no clue why

1 minute ago, pushaZ said:

Some of those I agree.

I thought Hopkins, Golladay, Goedert, Diontae/Juju, Gesicki and Jones were a bit bold, but I agree some were just "predictions"

Posted (edited)

Tyreek Hill is the #1 WR this year and for the next few years, too.

Calvin Ridley is this years Chris Godwin and ends up in the top 8 of receivers and is a first round pick in next years dynasty startups.

Rivers will show he is too old and the Colts will draft a young QB next year and start a dynasty with Taylor in a Zeke-Style role. Therefore will be a top 3 RB for the next years, but is only a RB2 this year.

CEH will take half a season to overtake Williams after a short season preperation and will be the second of the top 3 RB for the next years.This year he will end up as a mid RB2.

Swift will take 2 years to be a top 20 RB, because the Lions have to get rid of their Coach first and start rebuilding. RB4 this year.

Edit:
I will win my league and my arch enemy will be the last place and I will let him hear that for a whole year!

Edited by thebadferret
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

And about Waller: 

People don't so much "hate" him. It's just like with Devante Parker: it's so rare for a player to breakout in their fifth+ year and any such development will see a dose of skepticism, especially when he faded a bit down the stretch last year. But the real clinchers for me are that I: a. like Moreau a lot as a prospect--posted a very solid, efficient rookie season for a TE (which isn't expected at that position) and b. unlike with Parker, the Raiders added target competition--quite a bit of it.

It probably doesn't hit to the extent I predicted, but the title says bold

Edited by mocha4313

I'd like to add the following:

Dalvin Cook holding out will fail and Melvin Gordon won't be good either. Therefore being the final nail in the coffin for RBs holding out and team in future will ignore them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mocha4313 said:

No man, the sillier the better.

AFC East: Josh Allen changes his name to Josh Ellenway, throws a record number of INTs but also leads his Bills to the play-offs. The Pats suck, but by the end of the season they still turn into giant lillers. One of the weakest divisions overall. The Dolphin stadium will have articial crowd noises with actual dolphins.

AFC North: This is going to be fireworks and one of the better divisions. I think Baltimore should be favorite but watch out for those Browns. Ben will suck, decide to leave the NFL and go play chess, then come back and throw 4 TD in one game (but still miss the play-offs).

AFC South: This is a whole lot of Meh. The Texans will suck, JAX will suck, TEN will not be able to repeat their strong season and Minshew will be mostly focused on growing the best moustache on his face. In the end, Jacksonville will surprise everyone (incuding themselves) and go to the play-offs.

AFC West: This is where the magic happens. Obviously KC is the top favorite, but after Sammy Watkins is abducted by aliens and Tyreek shot by his wife, it'll be the Chargers, relieved from their dead weight QB and more used to playing without fans, who go to the play-offs (Chiefs make it as a wildcard).

NFC East: Dallas ekes out the Eagles and Giants, in of course a close contest. Washington changes their nickname to Washington Racists, lose all sponsorship deals, then change it to Rednecks and finally go eco and make it the Washington Redwoods and move to the west coast.

NFC North: Nagy gets fired mid-season. Patricia gets fired one week later, then Lafleur. Last man standing is Zimmer, but only limps into the play-offs.

NFC South: Gurley is amazing for 3 weeks, then disappears until week 12. Kamara holds out until week 6. CMC gets caught on PED, misses 4 games and still gets 2000 yards. Tom Brady has a noodle arm but also an amazing tan. Gisele is very happy not to have to spend another winter in a freezing stadium. The Falcons make it to another play-off.

NFC West: Kingsbury's offense is picked apart on a weekly basis. The Rams and 49ers are ok, but it's Seattle that takes the play-off ticket. The Seahawks will have 5 TEs with 400 yard each, but no TE1. Eventually, Carroll lines up Metcalf as a TE, and finally even Wilson lines up as a TE, to one play later perform the Philly extra special with Seattle sauce.

• Haha 2

Rodgers will have a game with 3 interceptions after which Jordan Love will tell him “this is why your family doesn’t love you.” This will cause Rodgers to throw a punch at Love In the locker room. However, Love being the younger man he will knock out Rodgers. At which point the Packers must honor the results of the duel and Love will take over as starter.

Rodgers will request a trade and be traded to the Broncos. He will lead them to the Super Bowl and there he will meet the Packers. Finally, his chance for revenge against the man that took everything for him. Down 24-20 with 7 seconds left and the game in Rodgers hand. The ball on the Broncos 5 yard line with the taste of glory and revenge on Rodgers lips. He drops back, sees Jeudy  open on the slant, and fires a pass. The ball sails over his head and out of bounds. It’s over. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Rodgers will have a game with 3 interceptions after which Jordan Love will tell him “this is why your family doesn’t love you.” This will cause Rodgers to throw a punch at Love In the locker room. However, Love being the younger man he will knock out Rodgers. At which point the Packers must honor the results of the duel and Love will take over as starter.

Rodgers will request a trade and be traded to the Broncos. He will lead them to the Super Bowl and there he will meet the Packers. Finally, his chance for revenge against the man that took everything for him. Down 24-20 with 7 seconds left and the game in Rodgers hand. The ball on the Broncos 5 yard line with the taste of glory and revenge on Rodgers lips. He drops back, sees Jeudy  open on the slant, and fires a pass. The ball sails over his head and out of bounds. It’s over. 

If he’s traded to bears I would bet my farm this would happen. 

5 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Rivers will show he is too old and the Colts will draft a young QB next year

Indy already did in 2020 his name is Jacob Eason. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

King Hendry will finish outside the Top10 & DerrickHenrysCleats will change his username. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I hate the thought of the Donkeys even getting to the Super Bowl but as someone who hates them and also hates Rodgers this would be something I am oddly okay with if the Chiefs can't repeat

12 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Tyreek Hill is the #1 WR this year and for the next few years, too.

Calvin Ridley is this years Chris Godwin and ends up in the top 8 of receivers and is a first round pick in next years dynasty startups.

Rivers will show he is too old and the Colts will draft a young QB next year and start a dynasty with Taylor in a Zeke-Style role. Therefore will be a top 3 RB for the next years, but is only a RB2 this year.

CEH will take half a season to overtake Williams after a short season preperation and will be the second of the top 3 RB for the next years.This year he will end up as a mid RB2.

Swift will take 2 years to be a top 20 RB, because the Lions have to get rid of their Coach first and start rebuilding. RB4 this year.

Edit:
I will win my league and my arch enemy will be the last place and I will let him hear that for a whole year!

These would make me so happy. I sold a metric ton of assets to get the 1.01 and 1.02 in my dynasty league despite having neither originally because I initially got 1.01 and couldn't decide between JT and CEH and chose to go for both.

Both busting means a long rebuild is ahead; but if they can hit as RB1s: 😀

Tyreek one is interesting too. I think in full PPR I would still have him behind MT but in half and standard it's very possible. I still don't think we have seen his best season

Posted (edited)

Jared Cook is the #1 TE in 2020. With 15 TDs

Edited by Breesus

Posted (edited)

Dak Prescott finishes as the #1 QB in fantasy

Lamar Jackson finishes outside the top 5 QB's due to injury

JuJu finishes as a top 6 receiver

Deebo finishes as a high-end WR2

Mark Andrews finishes as the #1 TE 

Kareem Hunt finishes as a top 14 RB after Chubb goes down with an injury

Tyler Higbee finishes outside the top 12 TE's

Austin Hooper finishes outside the top 15 TE's

Jonnu Smith finishes as the #8 TE

N'Keal Harry finishes as a top 30 receiver

DJ Chark is viewed as a top 12-15 dynasty receiver after another top 18 season and the Jags landing Trevor Lawrence

Calvin Ridley does not make the leap this season

Terry McLaurin busts

Lynn Bowden is viewed as either the next James White or the next Deebo Samuel after his rookie season

Carson Wentz finishes as a top 7 QB

Jimmy G finishes as a top 13 QB again

Raheem Mostert busts and Jerick McKinnon becomes an every week flex option by week 10

Tom Brady has his best fantasy season since 2015 but the Bucs miss the playoffs

Ke'Shawn Vaughn is viewed as a bust by mid-season but helps people win fantasy championships

D'Andre Swift is viewed as a better dynasty asset than CEH going into 2021

Jonathan Taylor is viewed as a top 7 dynasty back going into 2021

Aaron Jones busts and is not re-signed by the Packers

Leonard Fournette busts 

Derrick Henry is hurt by the fantasy playoffs and costs people championships

Darrynton Evans helps people win fantasy championships

Jameis Winston helps people win fantasy championships after Brees gets hurt

CEH is one of the biggest disappointments in fantasy and is in a season-long committee with Damien Williams

Tyreek Hill is the best player in fantasy in 2020

Edited by paulwall29
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, paulwall29 said:

Dak Prescott finishes as the #1 QB in fantasy

Lamar Jackson finishes outside the top 5 QB's due to injury

JuJu finishes as a top 6 receiver

Deebo finishes as a high-end WR2

Mark Andrews finishes as the #1 TE 

Kareem Hunt finishes as a top 14 RB after Chubb goes down with an injury

Tyler Higbee finishes outside the top 12 TE's

Austin Hooper finishes outside the top 15 TE's

Jonnu Smith finishes as the #8 TE

N'Keal Harry finishes as a top 30 receiver

DJ Chark is viewed as a top 12-15 dynasty receiver after another top 18 season and the Jags landing Trevor Lawrence

Calvin Ridley does not make the leap this season

Terry McLaurin busts

Lynn Bowden is viewed as either the next James White or the next Deebo Samuel after his rookie season

Carson Wentz finishes as a top 7 QB

Jimmy G finishes as a top 13 QB again

Raheem Mostert busts and Jerick McKinnon becomes an every week flex option by week 10

Tom Brady has his best fantasy season since 2015 but the Bucs miss the playoffs

Ke'Shawn Vaughn is viewed as a bust by mid-season but helps people win fantasy championships

D'Andre Swift is viewed as a better dynasty asset than CEH going into 2021

Jonathan Taylor is viewed as a top 7 dynasty back going into 2021

Aaron Jones busts and is not re-signed by the Packers

Leonard Fournette busts 

Derrick Henry is hurt by the fantasy playoffs and costs people championships

Darrynton Evans helps people win fantasy championships

Jameis Winston helps people win fantasy championships after Brees gets hurt

CEH is one of the biggest disappointments in fantasy and is in a season-long committee with Damien Williams

Tyreek Hill is the best player in fantasy in 2020

I think you got bold predictions confused with probable predictions.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

The only bold prediction i have is there is not a season this year

I don't like to say this on a Bold Prediction thread but this will not come true. 

If the NBA, NHL and MLB play then there is no way the NFL doesn't.

Way too much money in this: CFB on the other hand might not have a season; but even then, I would guess it will happen--just more in the air

Edited by mocha4313

26 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It was more italics than bold. Or maybe underlined.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

The only bold prediction i have is there is not a season this year

I boldly predict there will be a regular 16-game season. :)

4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Hunter Renfrow will be the #1 receiver in fantasy

Dwayne Haskins will be better than Lamar Jackson

Sony Michel will catch 90 balls

Shock value predictions are a waste of space, go read Brad Evans articles for that nonsense...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

Hunter Renfrow will be the #1 receiver in fantasy

Dwayne Haskins will be better than Lamar Jackson

Sony Michel will catch 90 balls

Shock value predictions are a waste of space, go read Brad Evans articles for that nonsense...

This thread is for bold predictions. Not things that will probably happen. You basically threw out random injuries and obvious results if those injuries and then a bunch of regular predictions that would basically be over or unders on a Vegas line. 

Hannibal Buress GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

This thread is for bold predictions. Not things that will probably happen. You basically threw out random injuries and obvious results if those injuries and then a bunch of regular predictions that would basically be over or unders on a Vegas line. 

Fair enough, I would say they were more of the season predictions variety b/c I don't see the utility in making absurd predictions. Chris Carson will win the rushing crown and be the #1 rated RB. Ok...

Edited by paulwall29

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Some are not espeically bold but there are definitely quite a few that are (Juju a top 6 WR—for some ungodly reason, Chark, McLaurin, Vaughn, Darrynton Evans)

Edited by mocha4313

I like the annual discussion on what exactly is bold and what's not. Come one guys, this is a fun thread - let's make this the one thread we don't take too seriously. Even I promise to post no charts.

Just go crazy!

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I like the annual discussion on what exactly is bold and what's not. Come one guys, this is a fun thread - let's make this the one thread we don't take too seriously. Even I promise to post no charts.

Just go crazy!

giphy.gif

DK Metcalf gonna put up 1,500/15.

Take it to the bank. 

• Thanks 1