mocha4313

2020 Bold Predictions

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Breesus said:

Lmao this group isn’t scaring any defensive coordinators. Robinson is a beast but it’s just a bunch of JAG’s after that 

Yeah the entire team has been the most overrated thing in football. Two years ago they were a hot thing because of how damn good their defense was. Last year they couldn’t do anything even with a top 5 defense. For some reason their pathetic offense gets treated as good because they win some games.

Nagy is a horrible coach. 

Cohen is really a gadget player.

Montgomery is either not that good or severely limited by the worst run play calling In the league.

Miller is nothing special.

Graham is REALLY washed up.

So the only player that’s legitimately good on offense is Robinson. With that defense there’s really no excuse for missing the playoffs. The top 5 defenses were Patriots, Ravens, Bears, Bills, and Vikings. Bears were the only one not in the playoffs. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah the entire team has been the most overrated thing in football. Two years ago they were a hot thing because of how damn good their defense was. Last year they couldn’t do anything even with a top 5 defense. For some reason their pathetic offense gets treated as good because they win some games.

Montgomery is either not that good or severely limited by the worst run play calling In the league.

So the only player that’s legitimately good on offense is Robinson. With that defense there’s really no excuse for missing the playoffs. The top 5 defenses were Patriots, Ravens, Bears, Bills, and Vikings. Bears were the only one not in the playoffs. 

I agree especially with Nagy being an awful coach. His entire background is being productive on offense, while the only reason he has sniffed the playoffs was an elite defense.

I am more confident in the Redskins offense than I am with the Bears. It could be 4th & 1 and Nagy will call a double reverse 

32 minutes ago, Breesus said:

I agree especially with Nagy being an awful coach. His entire background is being productive on offense, while the only reason he has sniffed the playoffs was an elite defense.

I am more confident in the Redskins offense than I am with the Bears. It could be 4th & 1 and Nagy will call a double reverse 

55 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Nagy made a bum like Trubisky look promising and reach the Pro Bowl.

He didn't deserve the Pro Bowl but there were definitely spurts in 2018 when Trubisky looked like he had franchise QB potential

His play calling leaves a lot to be desired but I don't think this is entirely fair to him as a coach.

As for playmakers, Robinson is the only true stud, but I still think Miller can be something useful.

Remember Robert Woods on Buffalo? The worst spot for a WR is a team with awful offense and good defense.

Same goes for Cohen.

Graham sucks though I agree

Monty still has to prove he is good.

That said I am really down on the team overall: Foles is alright and I agree with @Corey In Da House that he looked great against us week 1 for a drive, but the defense IMO is going to keep trickling down from number 1 to top 5 last season to more like 10-12 this season another year removed from Fangio with some key players aging unless Roquan Smith makes the next step or their 2nd round rook Jaylon Johnson makes an immediate impact

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

He didn't deserve the Pro Bowl but there were definitely spurts in 2018 when Trubisky looked like he had franchise QB potential

His play calling leaves a lot to be desired but I don't think this is entirely fair to him as a coach.

As for playmakers, Robinson is the only true stud, but I still think Miller can be something useful.

Remember Robert Woods on Buffalo? The worst spot for a WR is a team with awful offense and good defense.

Same goes for Cohen.

That said I am really down on the team overall: Foles is alright and I agree with @Corey In Da House that he looked great against us week 1 for a drive, but the defense IMO is going to keep trickling down from number 1 to top 5 last season to more like 10-12 this season another year removed from Fangio with some key players aging unless Roquan Smith makes the next step or their 2nd round rook Jaylon Johnson makes an immediate impact

Man I just can’t get behind that. I agree Mitch didn’t deserve to be a pro bowler, but Nagy didn’t do much to help him obtain that level.

They went 10-6 with the #1 defense in the league. I just think if your background is offensive based and you have the #1 defense in the league you should do better. I get Trubisky sucks, but Nagy hasn’t really done anything in Chicago to propel his offense. If that makes sense 

On 7/21/2020 at 7:46 PM, Breesus said:

Man I just can’t get behind that. I agree Mitch didn’t deserve to be a pro bowler, but Nagy didn’t do much to help him obtain that level.

They went 10-6 with the #1 defense in the league. I just think if your background is offensive based and you have the #1 defense in the league you should do better. I get Trubisky sucks, but Nagy hasn’t really done anything in Chicago to propel his offense. If that makes sense 

Yeah that’s the problem. If an offensive coach has the best defense in the NFL there’s just no way you should get out in the Wild Card and then miss the playoffs with a top 5 defense.

The biggest problem with Nagy is he refuses to adapt his game plan to his personnel. He does it at a level I’ve never seen before. If he had the Chiefs offense I’m sure his game plan would work great (although to be fair most would with that offense). The problem is he acts like his QB is Mahomes and his weapons are what the Chiefs have. Nagy is also clueless at designing a run game which is why I believe he refuses to run. 

Two years ago he if adapted his offense to a run first scheme I’m fully convinced they’d win the entire thing. That defense was scary good and Howard was a perfect complement to it. I know people like to say he sucked but he still had a respectable 4.4 YPC on the Eagles. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah that’s the problem. If an offensive coach has the best defense in the NFL there’s just no way you should get out in the Wild Card and then miss the playoffs with a top 5 defense.

The biggest problem with Nagy is he refuses to adapt his game plan to his personnel. He does it at a level I’ve never seen before. If he had the Chiefs offense I’m sure his game plan would work great (although to be fair most would with that offense). The problem is he acts like his QB is Mahomes and his weapons are what the Chiefs have. Nagy is also clueless at designing a run game which is why I believe he refuses to run. 

Two years ago he if adapted his offense to a run first scheme I’m fully convinced they’d win the entire thing. That defense was scary good and Howard was a perfect complement to it. I know people like to say he sucked but he still had a respectable 4.4 YPC on the Eagles. 

I agree with this: his stubbornness, commitment to system over strengths of personnel, etc but @Breesus they went 12-4 not 10-6 and they were a kick away from an IMO very winnable divisional matchup against the Rams

Saints would admittedly have been a tough matchup for them so I am not saying they were going to reach the Super Bowl

But I still think he has earned the right to pick his own QB next year and get a shot with them (unless they go completely down this season) and that his system can be very successful with the right personnel

Other point I'll say is that Trubisky did show some promise in 2018, and I think Nagy should get credit for that (even if it wasn't Pro Bowl good). He covered up how bad Trubisky really was and managed a top 10 scoring offense (helped by the defense's field position but still).

Just like while I believe Sean McVay was overrated af last season: I can't deny that he made Goff look like a top 8 QB for a year and covered up a lot of his deficiencies (with the help of an elite skill position group and OL in 2018--Bears did not have that luxury and Mitch is considerably worse than Goff)--even if the team success part benefitted a lot from Wade Phillips's defense.

Patrick Mahomes runs for POTUS in 2040 and wins

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bold predictions:

1. Sam Darnold out produces Joe Burrow... by a substantial margin too.  I've already convinced 3 of my buddies to give me 2 to 1 odds on this.  Didnt really have to convince they acted like I was giving away free money.

2.  Cooper Kupp is a top 3 PPR wide receiver.  I'm so high on Kupp I don't know if this is even bold but I was getting him in the 4th round in drafts.

3.  DeVante Parker is a top 6 wide receiver.  He was going in the pick 72-80 range in drafts.

4.  The Patriots win more games than The Bucs.  More bold with the public than Vegas.  Right now I'm seeing most sites having the Patriots 8.5 - 9.0 wins compared to most sites having The Bucs at 9.5 with heavy -160ish to -170ish odds.

5.  James Robinson thread ends the rotoworld season with the most replies.  Choo!! Choo!!

• Like 1

1. Ronald Jones is the lead back in TB all season long. 

2. Brees gets replaced by Winston halfway into the season. 

3. OBJ finishes the season as WR1. 

4. I end the season still single, because I can't take enough attention away from fantasy and football to give it to a woman. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dak with 44 TD passes

Saquon with 20 TD's and over 2k combined yards

DK Metcalf becomes a Top 5 WR;

Gronkowski scores 10 TD's

On 7/21/2020 at 6:22 PM, mocha4313 said:

Same goes for Cohen.

Nagy is by no means a bad coach.  For some reason that continues to be the narrative around The Chicagoland area.  

Ryan Pace cannot hit on an offensive player.  Continues to give draft capital away like halloween candy and made possibly the biggest draft day blunder in modern history.

Coaches dont accidentally get coach of the year.  Bad coaches dont have a higher than .500 record in their 1st two seasons when the only reason their team was considered an under acheiver was because they over acheived so much the year before.

If Cody Parkey makes a kick The Bears would have had a legot shot at The Superbowl.

The Bears brought Nagy in to rebuild their system.  But before he ever gets to draft Pace already gave away a ton of draft capital to draft the wrong QB.  Lets stop putting that on the coach who in his rookie year got coach of the year.

Nagy is 20-13 counting the playoff loss that came down to a double doink.  All while having the wrong QB and limited draft capital in his tenure.  

Also for the record dont conflate my anti Ryan Pace rant with me being anti Mitch.  Mitch didnt draft himself. Mitch didnt pick to work with an unevolved John Fox in his first season.  I for one think Mitch can take a big step forward this year.  Part of this is Nagy having to realize he needs to compromise his ideals with Mitch's strengths and weaknesses.  This isnt uncommon for new head coaches.

25 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

1. Ronald Jones is the lead back in TB all season long. 

2. Brees gets replaced by Winston halfway into the season. 

3. OBJ finishes the season as WR1. 

4. I end the season still single, because I can't take enough attention away from fantasy and football to give it to a woman. 

I totally agree with #1.  #4 was a complete gem.

34 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

Bold predictions:

1. Sam Darnold out produces Joe Burrow... by a substantial margin too.  I've already convinced 3 of my buddies to give me 2 to 1 odds on this.  Didnt really have to convince they acted like I was giving away free money.

2.  Cooper Kupp is a top 3 PPR wide receiver.  I'm so high on Kupp I don't know if this is even bold but I was getting him in the 4th round in drafts.

----Not bold

3.  DeVante Parker is a top 6 wide receiver.  He was going in the pick 72-80 range in drafts.

4.  The Patriots win more games than The Bucs.  More bold with the public than Vegas.  Right now I'm seeing most sites having the Patriots 8.5 - 9.0 wins compared to most sites having The Bucs at 9.5 with heavy -160ish to -170ish odds.

5.  James Robinson thread ends the rotoworld season with the most replies.  Choo!! Choo!!

Should've posted this yesterday as it isn't so bold after last night, but...

CEH will go for 2,000 and 20.

Fournette will end up a top 5 RB. 

Josh Allen will be a top 5 QB.

Jonathan Taylor will not be a viable starter (10-team) all year. 

David Johnston is comeback player of the year, and top 5 RB

J Jeudy wins offensive wr rookie of the year.

C Hyde takes over as RB1 in Seattle by week 6

Tom Brady gets injured and forced into retirement by a missed block

38 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

4. I end the season still single, because I can't take enough attention away from fantasy and football to give itto a woman. 

My bold prediction is that I'll be able to accomplish with this one more year not getting divorced before playoffs.

- Teddy Bridgewater finishes as a QB1 (low-end)

- Patriots finish as the top rushing team in the league

- Marlon Mack stays healthy and finishes as a RB1

Tyler Boyd goes for 1500yds & 14tds 

Mahomes tears acl & chiefs miss the play offs

Jared Cook finishes above kittle and ertz 

James Conner plays every game and is the Rb 1

DeSean Jackson wins comeback player of the year and is a WR2. 

Jared Cook is a top 4 TE

Hollywood Brown is a top 8 WR

7 hours ago, roughnecker101 said:

Tyler Boyd goes for 1500yds & 14tds 

Mahomes tears acl & chiefs miss the play offs

Jared Cook finishes above kittle and ertz 

James Conner plays every game and is the Rb 1

Ewww