mocha4313

2020 Bold Predictions

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I like the annual discussion on what exactly is bold and what's not. Come one guys, this is a fun thread - let's make this the one thread we don't take too seriously. Even I promise to post no charts.

Just go crazy!

giphy.gif

You posting no charts ?!! Now that’s a bold prediction. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

You posting no charts ?!! Now that’s a bold prediction. 

Only this thread. I'm bold, not crazy.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

BAL: Dobbins is a top 12 RB

CIN: Tee Higgins tops 1k

CLE: OBJ finishes in the top 2 at WR

PIT: Offense doesn’t miss a beat, goes back to 2018 levels all around

BUF: John Brown is their WR1

MIA: Tua ends the year as a QB1

NE: Cam leads them to the playoffs and breathes life into N’keal Harry

NYJ: Bell does even worse

HOU: They hire an actual GM

IND: Taylor wins the rushing title

JAX: Eifert is a top 6 TE in non-PPR leagues

TEN: Corey Davis has more yards than AJ Brown

DEN: Drew Lock develops into a low end QB1

KC: CEH catches 100 passes

LAC: Justin Jackson is their top RB this year

OAK: Bryan Edwards is their best receiver, not a prediction just a statement

CHI: Nick Foles leads them to the playoffs 

DET: Stafford 5k+
GB: AJ Dillon outscores Aaron Jones

MIN: Kirk makes a case for MVP with no Cook and he throws for 4500+ and 35 TDs leading them to the division crown

DAL: Cooper averages more than 5 points per road game.

NYG: Barkley does what C-Mac did last year

PHI: Desean has a bounce back year finishes as a volatile WR2

WAS: Guice stays healthy, I really want this one to happen as I really like his game and situation

ATL: Offense has too many mouths to feed, Ryan is the only consistent producer that you feel confident starting each and every week.

CAR: C-Mac finishes outside of the top 5 RBs.

NO: Jameis throws less than 30 INTs. Kamara is the RB2, on his own team, as the saints transition to a power run scheme

TB: Chris Godwin has the 2nd best Brady led WR season

ARI: Keeping with trends of athletic 1st round QBs winning the MVP in their 2nd season, Murray wins the MVP

LAR: One of McVay or Sneed get fired during the season

SEA: Russ continues to be the best QB in the NFL but is forced to hand the ball of 35 times a game

SF: Huge disappointment finish under 500 and miss the playoffs.

Edited by Ddam2013
  • Like 2

@Ddam2013

Bell does even worse?  Not sure if that's bold, but I agree.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

@Ddam2013

Bell does even worse?  Not sure if that's bold, but I agree.

He was at 3.5 YPC, so any worse than that and we’re approaching T-rich levels.

• Haha 1

My bold prediction:

The Pittsburgh Steelers win the AFC North, the bye week, the AFC Championship, and the Superbowl over Seattle.

57 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Todd Gurley finishes as the top rb in fantasy.

The fantasy community would go nuclear 

• Like 1

The Miami Dolphins have a top 6 scoring offense, putting the Tua/Fitz combo as a QB1, two top 20 WR's, and a top 10 TE, with both RB's outperforming ADP

No Patriot offensive player cracks the top 30 at his position.  Patriots still win 10 games

Baker Mayfield and Jared Goff are top 8 QB's

No rookie RB finishes in the top 20

Lamar Jackson finishes outside the top 8 QB's

Zach Moss outscores Devin Singletary

CeeDee Lamb leads the Cowboys in receiving yards and TD's

DeAndre Hopkins and Davante Adams are not top 10 receivers

Joe Mixon is not a top 15 RB

Melvin Gordon is not a top 25 RB

Russell Wilson is the QB1 overall

Teddy Bridgewater is a QB1.   DJ Moore is a top 8 WR 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

My bold prediction:

The Pittsburgh Steelers win the AFC North, the bye week, the AFC Championship, and the Superbowl over Seattle.

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

tenor.gif

And it happens because in the 4th quarter with the Seahawks up 1 and in the redzone Russell Wilson throws an interception and runs back to midfield to make the tackle but gets called for a "low block" to put the Steelers in FG range

• Haha 1

AFC predictions:

BAL: Marquise Brown 1200 yards and 8 TDs.

CIN: Huge year from the offense. High end WR2 seasons from both Green and Boyd. Higgins shows flashes as well. 

CLE: OBJ top 8 WR. 

PIT: James Conner top 8 RB.

BUF: Disappointing inconsistent numbers from Diggs. Super hard to trust as a WR2.

MIA: Full RBBC with Jordan Howard, Breida, and others. No RBs to trust here.

NE: James White is again the best fantasy RB on the team.

NYJ: Jamison Crowder: 90/1100/9

HOU: Deshaun Watson top 3 QB.

IND: Marlon Mack leads the team in rushing yards.

JAX: The Minshew experiment gets ugly. 

TEN: Regression from Tanny. He's a mediocre QB2 at best.

DEN: Lock is a QB1. The offense is elite. 

KC: Sammy Watkins finally has a good season. Solid WR2.

LAC: Tyrod Taylor starts 16 games. 

OAK: Henry Ruggs is the top fantasy rookie WR.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Im a fins fan, but(hopefully im wrong), i dont see tua lighting the world on fire like deshaun did, i see fitzmagic running the show 80% theu the league, i dont know, we know were not superbowl contenders, fitzmagic will run the helm, our logical fanbase should understamd this

however, i see the fans chanting for tua by week 8 after one of fitz’s picks, and miami has nothing over ticket sales, so we have no choice but to unleash tua early

edit:  id love to draft tua, but holding a rookie qb that long is wreckless

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

DeVante Parker & Preston Williams will both finish in the top 5 for WR's 

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2020 at 12:15 AM, mocha4313 said:

These are always fun to come back to after the year and I didn't see a thread for this year yet

The spicier (and ideally more accurate) the better

Here are mine:

QB

Daniel Jones top 8 QB as the Giants fight for the 7 seed

Bengals hit .500 and Joe Burrow is a low QB1

Packers get hit by the regression train a year after they should have and end up missing the playoffs

Jarrett Stidham=Tank Commander=Patriots in the cellar of the division with a top 5 pick

Carson Wentz=This Year's Dak with great stats and a top 5 finish but a 7-9 record, no playoffs and fighting with the Redskins for 3rd in the division

Justin Herbert=Hot Garbage=Chargers win 3 games and pull a Rosen on him by grabbing a QB 1st round next year

RB

Melvin Gordon sucks (again) and Philip Lindsay is the Broncos' top RB despite fewer touches--Denver goes 10-6 and gets the 5 seed

Sony Michel sucks again and Damien Harris takes over the backfield, but is still only a low RB2 thanks to the Patriots playing from behind nearly every game

Joe Mixon=top 3 RB behind just Saquon and CMC thanks to late season-2019 type usage and increased passing game work from Burrow

Singletary and Zack Moss are annoying to own because of unpredictability but finish as low RB2/high FLEX plays for a league-leading Bills rushing offense that takes the 1 seed in the AFC

Takes CEH 4 weeks to seize the starting role from Damien Williams due to pass protection issues; but after torching the Raiders week 5, he is a low RB1 ROS as the Chiefs offense gains balance and unlocks a new level to repeat (no bias)

Jonathan Taylor spends a bit longer in a committee since Marlon Mack is a good player; but after an injury in week 6, he gains the starting job and doesn't lose it for years=low RB1 from week 7 onwards

Akers and Swift post more efficient versions of 2019 David Montgomery type seasons--whether because of a turnstile O Line or an incompetent fat caveman coach outsmarting himself (I'll let you guess which applies to which RB)

WR

Diontae Johnson is Pittsburgh's new number 1 WR and finishes as a fantasy WR2 while Juju shows his 2019 was no fluke and is barely a top 35 WR before walking in the offseason; overall a rough year for the Steelers as Ben shows his age and the defense can't keep them afloat=7-9 in the bottom of the AFC North

DJ Moore and Kenny Golladay are top 5 WRs

Terry McLaurin is DJ Moore 2019 as he gets peppered by targets from Haskins and later Kyle Allen (since Haskins sucks) to the tune of 1200 yards

DeAndre Hopkins shows why moving teams is pretty much never a good thing for a WR's fantasy production--at least not when that move comes with a worse QB (for now) and worse O Line==he is not a top 10 WR

Cooper Kupp regresses with the absence Cooks forcing him to the outside against press/man corners, while Robert Woods regresses positively in the TD department, making both mid to low WR2s

Allen Robinson is a top 8 WR playing with Foles--who is somehow the best QB he has ever had

TY Hilton while healthy is a high WR 2 as Rivers--with a real O Line and organization--shows he was not the problem with the Chargers on a Colts team that is this year's Titans, making the AFC Championship despite narrowly losing the division to the actual Titans and being a Wild Card

Unfortunately TY cannot stay healthy for a full season at this point in his career, opening the door for Michael Pittman to be the number 2 rookie WR behind only Justin Jefferson who feasts in the slot for a QB who loves to target slot WRs in Cousins

TE

Darren Waller=one year wonder whose time has gone now that the Raiders have real WRs; he is not a top 10 TE and not even the top TE on the Raiders with Foster Moreau's sophomore (mini) breakout

Tyler Higbee is also a one hit wonder except he never even really hit; by the end of the year, 4th round rookie Brycen Hopkins is taking the majority of first team TE reps (though as with all rookie TEs: not fantasy relevant)

By the end of the year Dallas Goedert has overtaken Ertz as the Eagles top TE thanks to his ability after the catch and blocking prowess

Hayden Hurst and Mike Gesicki are the number 4 and 5 TEs in fantasy respectively

Interested to see some others

I'll add a few for Defenses

Patriots D massively regresses now that they can't feast off awful offenses like they did too start last year

Colts D is this year's 49ers type pickup and a top 5 unit with Deforest Buckner and an easy strength of schedule

Redskins D is another sneaky great unit that comes on strong in the second half of the year as a top 8 unit over that span thanks to a young and emerging front 7 that pushes the team to 7 wins, down the draft order and forces them trade up to replace Trashkins with Trey Lance instead of Lawrence

Ravens D number 1 unit overall (not very bold but still)

Bucs D is another top pickup but flies under the radar because of historical opinions on the Bucs D and the attention given to the offense--but in playoff time they show how improved they are under Bowles to get the team to a home Super Bowl

Seahawks D is pretty awful—too many bad drafts in recent years pushes them out of the playoffs and to 3rd in the division; like the Packers they won an unsustainable amount of close games last year

Edited by mocha4313

On 6/10/2020 at 6:03 AM, Gohawks said:

Rodgers will have a game with 3 interceptions after which Jordan Love will tell him “this is why your family doesn’t love you.” This will cause Rodgers to throw a punch at Love In the locker room. However, Love being the younger man he will knock out Rodgers. At which point the Packers must honor the results of the duel and Love will take over as starter.

Rodgers will request a trade and be traded to the Broncos. He will lead them to the Super Bowl and there he will meet the Packers. Finally, his chance for revenge against the man that took everything for him. Down 24-20 with 7 seconds left and the game in Rodgers hand. The ball on the Broncos 5 yard line with the taste of glory and revenge on Rodgers lips. He drops back, sees Jeudy  open on the slant, and fires a pass. The ball sails over his head and out of bounds. It’s over. 

Thread ended after this post as far as I'm concerned. No reason to read anything following this. Pack your bags folks.

58 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Thread ended after this post as far as I'm concerned. No reason to read anything following this. Pack your bags folks.

Lost me at rodgers and superbowl, those days are over

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Lost me at rodgers and superbowl, those days are over

Shh from the reaction to the Love pick people still seem to think Rodgers is a top 3 QB and Packers are legit contenders.

Going to be quite a shock when he gets outperformed by the Daks and Ryan Tannehills of the world (like last year), misses the playoffs and the Packers' close game record regresses like it did for the 2019 Bears or 2018 Jaguars

Edited by mocha4313

31 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Shh from the reaction to the Love pick people still seem to think Rodgers is a top 3 QB and Packers are legit contenders.

Going to be quite a shock when he gets outperformed by the Daks and Ryan Tannehills of the world (like last year), misses the playoffs and the Packers' close game record regresses like it did for the 2019 Bears or 2018 Jaguars

Then people will blame everyone but Rodgers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Then people will blame everyone but Rodgers. 

Yep. Obviously his peak was great but no QB gets the excuses he does.

When Manning or Favre lost in the playoffs it was always that they were chokers. When Rodgers loses it’s everyone else’s fault.

Obviously last year the WR corps wasn’t great but he still had a top 5 WR in the game and has had pretty good receiving corps most of his career (including the peak years). One year (and now likely another) of a shallow WR group shouldn’t change that fact

1 hour ago, mocha4313 said:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

spacer.png

You thief :D

but who do you imply does the smoking, the Rodgers apologists or those that think Rodgers will suck?

EWPcJm5WkAMWhGA.jpg

or possibly Aaron himself?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Yep. Obviously his peak was great but no QB gets the excuses he does.

When Manning or Favre lost in the playoffs it was always that they were chokers. When Rodgers loses it’s everyone else’s fault.

Obviously last year the WR corps wasn’t great but he still had a top 5 WR in the game and has had pretty good receiving corps most of his career (including the peak years). One year (and now likely another) of a shallow WR group shouldn’t change that fact

Rodgers won a bunch of close games. The Packers overperformed and will regress to the mean. Also, when the Packers lose, Rodgers should be labeled a choker. What??