mocha4313

2020 Bold Predictions

On 6/13/2020 at 2:35 PM, Gohawks said:

The problem is only looking at last season.

This last decade, Rodgers has had one of the best groups of skill position players in the NFL. Guys like Lacey, Cobb, Nelson, Adams, Graham, Jones, and others have all made their way through GB. Yet all I had to listen to all post draft is how they don’t get him help because they haven’t drafted him a first round pick WR. Like give me a break...

Plus one of the best OL in the league every season. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2020 at 2:35 PM, Gohawks said:

The problem is only looking at last season.

This last decade, Rodgers has had one of the best groups of skill position players in the NFL. Guys like Lacey, Cobb, Nelson, Adams, Graham, Jones, and others have all made their way through GB. Yet all I had to listen to all post draft is how they don’t get him help because they haven’t drafted him a first round pick WR. Like give me a break...

To be fair, Graham was ancient when he got there and wasn’t even that good in his prior years in Seattle other than one high TD% season. Are we sure Jordy Nelson was supremely talented, or was he fortunate to play with prime Rodgers? Eddie Lacy as a 2 down thumper that had 2 productive NFL seasons isn’t exactly someone to hang your hat on. 

Adams and Jones are the two best talents he’s played with in his career imo, but they really do have nothing outside of the two of them. Rodgers is past his prime and just may not be able to lift the Allen Lazard’s and MVS’ of the world to become key contributors. They needed to add a high end talent that could make plays on his own without Rodgers holding their hand. Spending draft picks 1-3 on his successor, a short-yardage back, and a FB/TE hybrid was a laughably bad waste of resources for a team that was a game away from the super bowl (albeit a team that had their fair share of luck in 1 score games/turnover margin to be 13-3). 

Edited by Olliemets

Ok not sure if i posted earlier in this thread or not but here is what i am feeling as of today 6 27 2020

Cam akers or darrell henderson ends the year as a top 12 ppr rb

Beckham Cooper and Evans finish outside top 24 at wr in ppr.

Tyreek Hill finishes outside top 12 wr in ppr

Mark Andrews ends the year as the TE1.

Gardner Minshew ends the year as a top 12 fantasy qb.

Tom Brady finishes outside the top 15 as a fantasy qb.

Lamar jackson throws for 3800 yards but cuts down his rushing yardage to 700 and gets 37 total tds.

Gus Edwards becomes a thorn in the side of ingram and dobbins owners.

Dan Snyder grows impatient with Dwayne Haskins after september redskins start 0-4 and brings in Cam Newton. 

Michael Gallup finishes the year as a top 12 wr in ppr

Will Fuller finishes the year as a top 12 wwr in ppr in ppg but only plays 8 games (because of course)

Tyler Higbee ends the year as a top 4 fantasy te and has over 1050 yards.

Jalen Raegor is a top 16 fantasy wr from week 6 on.

Miles Sanders finishes as a top 6 fantasy rb.

Dalvin cook goes down and alexander mattison owners are a bit letdown as mike boone makes it a 50 50 timeshare making mattison and boone just fringe top 24 fantasy rb.

A tampa bay rb finishes as a top 15 fantasy rb.

Dk Metcalf ends the year as a top 7 fantasy wr in ppr.

Ty Hilton and Keenan Allen finish outside the top 24 wr in ppr.

2 hours ago, Olliemets said:

To be fair, Graham was ancient when he got there and wasn’t even that good in his prior years in Seattle other than one high TD% season. Are we sure Jordy Nelson was supremely talented, or was he fortunate to play with prime Rodgers? Eddie Lacy as a 2 down thumper that had 2 productive NFL seasons isn’t exactly someone to hang your hat on. 

Adams and Jones are the two best talents he’s played with in his career imo, but they really do have nothing outside of the two of them. Rodgers is past his prime and just may not be able to lift the Allen Lazard’s and MVS’ of the world to become key contributors. They needed to add a high end talent that could make plays on his own without Rodgers holding their hand. Spending draft picks 1-3 on his successor, a short-yardage back, and a FB/TE hybrid was a laughably bad waste of resources for a team that was a game away from the super bowl (albeit a team that had their fair share of luck in 1 score games/turnover margin to be 13-3). 

I am pretty confident Jordy Nelson was very talented. Average WRs don't put up a 1500 yard season. Greg Jennings too--and he helped Rodgers' transition into the league a ton IMO

And Lacy was an OROY and locked and loaded fantasy RB1 for those years

Graham I agree was nothing special by the time he got to GB

It was a waste I agree though I don't think the Packers are as close as you do. I can understand the Love pick in the 1st to get the 5th year option but Dillon and especially Deguara were shocking.

Anyone considered maybe the Packers are operating under the premise that the 2020 season will not be played?

The Deguara pick is still confusing but Love and Dillon (Jones is an FA after this season) make a bit more sense

7 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Anyone considered maybe the Packers are operating under the premise that the 2020 season will not be played?

No. If they are, they’re stupider than I thought.

It’s not like they have some insider knowledge because pretty much every other team is operating as it will be played. Plenty of teams in win now mode have made win now moves. I also expect the season to go and haven’t seen anything to indicate otherwise. I don’t know why people are questioning if it will be played or not. The NFL seems hell-bent on making it happen. 

I see no reason for hof being played so that was a logical cancellation. i give it  50 50 on if preseason games will be played or not. My guess is there will be a preseason so coaches can evaluate the bottom third of their roster.

6 hours ago, Tribe Called Questionable said:

Rando Cobb leads Texans receivers in fancy points, touchdowns, receptions and games played en route to a WR2 finish.

I feel like the WR leading the texans is going to be a WR1

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

It’s not like they have some insider knowledge because pretty much every other team is operating as it will be played. Plenty of teams in win now mode have made win now moves. I also expect the season to go and haven’t seen anything to indicate otherwise. I don’t know why people are questioning if it will be played or not. The NFL seems hell-bent on making it happen. 

For them to miss out on all that money? And if the other sports are a go, i dont see why the NFL wouldnt be. I can see maybe half the stadium shut down and no concessions or something

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I believe it will 100% start and more likely than not finish but insider knowledge isn't a ludicrous idea. The NFL seems to be going about it publicly as if they are expect fans and business as usual but I have no doubt they are making contingency plans and possible alterations behind the scenes.

I don't know--just struck me that if this was the Packers 2021 draft the Dillon and Love picks would probably look fine.

No idea if that's actually their thinking

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

For them to miss out on all that money? And if the other sports are a go, i dont see why the NFL wouldnt be. I can see maybe half the stadium shut down and no concessions or something

Exactly. Premier league turned out fine and the experience honestly isn’t much worse. They just funnel in some noise and that’s that.

NBA will be an interesting case though for US sports. Silver said if cases spike in the bubble they may stop play. If the NBA starts and all is going well there’s zero chance NFL doesn’t start. However, if the NBA starts and after a week it’s a mess with cases it would get more interesting for the NFL. Still, I don’t see how the season doesn’t begin personally.

1 hour ago, mocha4313 said:

I believe it will 100% start and more likely than not finish but insider knowledge isn't a ludicrous idea. The NFL seems to be going about it publicly as if they are expect fans and business as usual but I have no doubt they are making contingency plans and possible alterations behind the scenes.

I don't know--just struck me that if this was the Packers 2021 draft the Dillon and Love picks would probably look fine.

No idea if that's actually their thinking

Insider knowledge is a ludicrous idea when the only team with insider knowledge would be the Packers. Like I mentioned, plenty of teams in the NFL made win now moves.

Also, if the season starts it’s going to finish. The reason NBA stopped is because COVID hit out of nowhere. As I mentioned above, premier league and other soccer leagues are going with little issue. The NFL wouldn’t be starting the season if it wasn’t confident it can complete it.

Edited by Gohawks

12 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

For this to be the case you don't need to make any assumptions about the 2020 season (remember that around draft day most people in the US expected things to be over by June).

The Love pick is clearly long-term. Dillon... Eh, it's insurance against Jones wanting too much money, I guess. If you want to build a team for 2-3 years from now, I'm not sure you start with an RB. Personally I'd start with O-line and Defense and later fill in the RB/WRs, but that's just me.

18 hours ago, Olliemets said:

Rodgers has never been MVP-caliber without a prime Jordy Nelson to throw to. Works both ways.

I really thought MVS was going to be rodgers new jordy. I feel so let down with all my mvs shares last year.

some more bold 2020 predictions because why the heck not.

Duke johnson is a rb1 from weeks 7 thru 17.

Clyde Edwards owners end up as miles sanders owners last year with him being pretty worthless first 8 weeks.

Carson Wentz outdoes Dak in fppg.

dallas goedert finishes from week 8 on as a top 4 fantasy TE.

Michael Pittman and parris campbell outscore ty hilton in fppg.

Jonathan Taylor closes out 2020 strong making him a top 12 ppr rb from week 10 on.

On 6/11/2020 at 6:43 PM, Ddam2013 said:

NE: Cam leads them to the playoffs and breathes life into N’keal Harry

This ones looking good so far.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Except for N'Keal Harry not sucking.

Cam on the Pats is interesting though.

I actually gave in to the idea they wanted Stidham starting even though I think he sucks.

2 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

I actually gave in to the idea they wanted Stidham starting even though I think he sucks.

If Cam was able to make Benjamin look good, I don’t see how he can’t make Harry look good. He was a 1st round pick for a reason he’s very talented he just suffered an unfortunate injury and BB is notoriously tough on rookies anyway. I could realistically see 800/8 from Harry.

28 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

If Cam was able to make Benjamin look good, I don’t see how he can’t make Harry look good. He was a 1st round pick for a reason he’s very talented he just suffered an unfortunate injury and BB is notoriously tough on rookies anyway. I could realistically see 800/8 from Harry.

Possible I suppose.

I never liked him much though. Couldn't separate against PAC 12 defenders and had an open depth chart last year to overtake. Reminds me of Laquon Treadwell

Cam is better for him than Stidham because he isn't afraid to throw to big targets in tight windows--and there still isn't much target competition

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Harry is a WR that benefits from accurate QBs due to him not being good at getting separations. He’s a dude that made most of his plays by making contested catches.

Benjamin is similar and did fine with Newton but I don’t think Cam is the best for his outlook. 

Edited by Gohawks

1 hour ago, Ddam2013 said:

Cam has no touch on his passes and NKeal couldn't get separation against a linebacker. Not exactly a match made in heaven based on what we've seen so far.

14 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Harry is a WR that benefits from accurate QBs due to him not being good at getting separations. He’s a dude that made most of his plays by making contested catches.

Benjamin is similar and did fine with Newton but I don’t think Cam is the best for his outlook. 

I agree to some extent. But while Cam not be accurate he isn’t afraid to throw to big targets in tight windows.

It might not help Harry’s efficiency but I think he will have volume

Similar to Benjamin’s rookie year—not very efficient but lots of volume to help yardage totals

With that said I still am not sold on Harry as a top WR. He strikes a lot of the same chords as Laquon Treadwell to me—just a more athletic version

stidham beats newton for the starting job 

chark is wr1 overall

jared cook is te1 overall 

On 6/10/2020 at 5:10 PM, Boudewijn said:

Washington changes their nickname to Washington Racists, lose all sponsorship deals, then change it to Rednecks and finally go eco and make it the Washington Redwoods and move to the west coast.

ESPN.com: Redskins to undergo 'thorough review' of nickname.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29405011/redskins-undergo-thorough-review-nickname

Well well well.

Bold prediction: the following teams are pressured into changing their name by end-of-year 2020:

Redskins

Chiefs

Indians

Braves

Raiders/Buccaneers/Pirates (honoring a ruthless band of rapists, murderous thieves)

Giants (offensive to people of small stature)

Jets (“jet” meaning “black” and therefore offensive to people of black skin color)

Browns/Reds (again, references to skin tone)

Yankees (offensive to northeasterners)

Bengals (offensive to a particular ethnicity)

Cowboys (offensive to Native Americans as their ancestral foes)

Did I miss any?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1