mocha4313

2020 Bold Predictions

6 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Leans is uhh... generous. 

Either way, who cares just change the name. It's not a big deal and it's not even a cool sounding or looking name. Can pick a bunch of military sounding names. This is also pretty cool:

attachment_31192103

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Either way, who cares just change the name. It's not a big deal and it's not even a cool sounding or looking name. Can pick a bunch of military sounding names. This is also pretty cool:

attachment_31192103

Even as a pacifist this is one of my favorite names (I also love "DC Defenders" or "Wshington Admirals"). This could also be the mascot:

marist-college-poughkeepsie-marist-red-f

Although knowing Washington, it'll probably more like this:

poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8

Defenders might be trademarked by XFL?

Honestly they should just be called the Washington Snyder’s, it’ll appeal to his ego and also be upfront about their mediocrity.

There will be no NFL season. If they try, by the 3-4th week some teams will be asking people off the street to suit up and take the place of the NFL players.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FavreCo said:

There will be no NFL season. If they try, by the 3-4th week some teams will be asking people off the street to suit up and take the place of the NFL players.

Bingissimo.

20 hours ago, ajs723 said:

There's also this. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29419164/native-american-groups-ask-nfl-force-washington-redskins-change-name%3fplatform=amp

Look, even if 90% of Native Americans aren't offended, 10% are. That's over 50,000 Americans who are deeply hurt by a team using an actual racist slur as its nickname. I think that's good enough reason to drop the name. It doesn't hurt anybody to change it. Is it a monumental step forward for society? Not really. Is it a simple, obvious step to take? Yup. 

Are Irish people leprechauns? Why isn't the leprechaun eliminated from Notre Dame?  Is it because people aren't complaining? Is it because the plight of the Irish is jammed down everyone's throat? Who cares....Doesn't fit the narrative. Right. 

7 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Are Irish people leprechauns? Why isn't the leprechaun eliminated from Notre Dame?  Is it because people aren't complaining? Is it because the plight of the Irish is jammed down everyone's throat? Who cares....Doesn't fit the narrative. Right. 

If Irish people find either the name or the leprechaun offensive then yes, of course, it should be changed. I'm not even sure why there would be any contention otherwise?

19 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I could care less about the name. It's the false narrative that comes along with it.

Red tails? Who suggested that? They existed because of segregation in the military. Seriously. Just make it Washington White People Suck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

If Irish people find either the name or the leprechaun offensive then yes, of course, it should be changed. I'm not even sure why there would be any contention otherwise?

But they don't, you see, despite being one of the most oppressed people ever....Even still to this day....but no one knows that.

25 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

I could care less about the name. It's the false narrative that comes along with it.

Red tails? Who suggested that? They existed because of segregation in the military. Seriously. Just make it Washington White People Suck.

I agree the narrative is silly and exaggerated. My point was they can come up with a cooler looking and sounding name so might as well chance it to shut up the people with the pitch forks. 

It will be awful - Sorcerors!  Necromancers.

2 hours ago, this guy right here said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

Weird. I see Redskin on there, but I can't find leprechaun. Maybe because leprechaun isn't a racial slur... But I know you don't actually care about that. 

I just want to know how it hurts you, or anyone, for Washington to stop using a racial slur as their nickname. It's so weird to me that people choose to die on hills like this.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Weird. I see Redskin on there, but I can't find leprechaun. Maybe because leprechaun isn't a racial slur... But I know you don't actually care about that. 

I just want to know how it hurts you, or anyone, for Washington to stop using a racial slur as their nickname. It's so weird to me that people choose to die on hills like this.  

I’m just confirming that Notre Dame’s “Fighting Irish” is most definitely a racial slur. Excited to see what the public pressure does about derogating Irish-Americans here, as the team most certainly does.

11 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I’m just confirming that Notre Dame’s “Fighting Irish” is most definitely a racial slur. Excited to see what the public pressure does about derogating Irish-Americans here, as the team most certainly does.

Lol dude just look at the DeSean Jackson fiasco and it’ll tell you everything you need to know in regards to your question.

Spoiler alert: the mod doesn’t give a ****. Ain’t part of the agenda. 

16 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Lol dude just look at the DeSean Jackson fiasco and it’ll tell you everything you need to know in regards to your question.

Spoiler alert: the mod doesn’t give a ****. Ain’t part of the agenda. 

Depending on the actual definition of “CPSU”” it could have multiple meanings.  I don’t care that much.  I just want to know what others feel, especially when it comes to one of the most well-known college franchises - surely they won’t be required to change a name.

43 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Weird that warrior Michael Florio doesn’t speak out against it - or the Chiefs who play at Arrowhead and do the Tomahawk Chop -this guy is MIA when needed.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Weird that warrior Michael Florio doesn’t speak out against it - or the Chiefs who play at Arrowhead and do the Tomahawk Chop -this guy is MIA when needed.

Hey you leave us out of this and don't give them any ideas about what to be outraged about next : (

Edited by mocha4313
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Hey you leave us out of this and don't give them any ideas about what to be outraged about next : (

This is Florio’s SB - I have no idea what he has left to tall about.  Hell he will find something - he needs something to fund his anemic a**

40 minutes ago, BMcP said:

PFT is the worst show on planet earth.

38 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

PFT is the worst show on planet earth.

ArE wE SuRe JoE bUrRoW IsNt GoInG tO ReFuSe tO PlAy FoR tHe BeNgAls?

I saw Dan Patrick bringing that up even after draft day and point out Burrow's reaction to getting picked as evidence (as if he hadn't known for months he was going to Cincy)

8 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Preface: I'm not Irish

Notre Dame are the Fighting Irish and the mascot is an angry leprechaun. It is a disparaging depiction of a group of people. 

Leprechaun-(in old Irish stories) a magical creature in the shape of a little old man who likes to cause trouble. Dwarf or Sprite

So they can just depict Irish people as trouble making dwarfs?

The only difference is....Irish people don't get offended. Did you watch the video above when they interview the Native Americans? They say, "We are not mascots."

Are the Irish people a mascot?

I don't care if they change the name in Washington. I'll accept that it was initially intended to be derogatory.  Just fed up with the white bad, not white good nonsense going around and perpetuated on this site. The Irish are some of the most oppressed people ever to walk the planet. Just doesn't get the attention SO...the people don't know because it hasn't been spoon fed to them. Can't have people realize EVERYONE has been oppressed throughout history at some point.

I get my posts taken down because they aren't "FFB related"... but the reality is they get taken down because they disrupt the echo chamber.

7 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Preface: I'm not Irish

Notre Dame are the Fighting Irish and the mascot is an angry leprechaun. It is a disparaging depiction of a group of people. 

Leprechaun-(in old Irish stories) a magical creature in the shape of a little old man who likes to cause trouble. Dwarf or Sprite

So they can just depict Irish people as trouble making dwarfs?

The only difference is....Irish people don't get offended. Did you watch the video above when they interview the Native Americans? They say, "We are not mascots."

Are the Irish people a mascot?

I don't care if they change the name in Washington. I'll accept that it was initially intended to be derogatory.  Just fed up with the white bad, not white good nonsense going around and perpetuated on this site. The Irish are some of the most oppressed people ever to walk the planet. Just doesn't get the attention SO...the people don't know because it hasn't been spoon fed to them. Can't have people realize EVERYONE has been oppressed throughout history at some point.

I get my posts taken down because they aren't "FFB related"... but the reality is they get taken down because they disrupt the echo chamber.

Can you post any actual supporting evidence that fighting Irish, or even the leprechaun, has been historically used as a slur. I'm not even saying you're wrong, I'm just completely unaware of it.

10 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Okay... so Max Kellerman wants it changed.

Is there any evidence that the team name or the mascot has ever been used as a racial slur, or that any percentage of actual Irish Americans are offended by it.

In my own anecdotal experience most Irish Americans seem to have an affinity for the term Irish, leprechauns, shamrocks, etc.