ST. STEVEN

Michael Gallup 2020 Outlook

From Ben Palmer with QBList:

Gallup finally had an explosive game last week against the Seahawks, logging six catches for 138 yards and a touchdown on nine targets. But this week, I’m a bit concerned we’re going to see something closer to Weeks 1 and 2 Gallup instead of Week 3 Gallup. He’ll likely be seeing Terrance Mitchell in coverage who, so far this year, has allowed just a 36.8% catch rate (which is impressive to say the least), 94 yards, and a 70.9 passer rating against. If you’ve got a better option, I might avoid Gallup.

Opposite perspective from Ian Hartitz with PFF:

WR/CB breakdown: The Cowboys’ high-flying offense is complemented by a defense that can’t slow anybody down; expect to see weekly shootouts from Dak Prescott and company.

The game plan against the Seahawks was intriguing, as each of Gallup (85% snaps), Cooper (79%), Lamb (60%), Noah Brown (35%) and Cedrick Wilson (29%) saw a good chunk of reps. We shouldn’t expect the latter receiver’s two-TD day to be replicated in Week 4, but it’s good to know Wilson has that sort of ceiling if any of the Cowboys’ top-three receivers miss time.

Lamb’s drop in usage was puzzling and begs the question if he’s a bit banged up at the moment. Cooper and Gallup are the preferred DFS stacking partners right now against a Browns defense that could again be without starting CB Greedy Williams (shoulder) and features a banged-up version of Ward (groin).

This week Cooper is my PPR WR7, and Gallup my WR23. Don’t sit either in season-long leagues ahead of this potential blow-up spot. Not even if there’s a fire.

• Thanks 1

Lol all these "experts" always have conflicting reports. One guy says someone is the "Start of the week" while the other says "Sit of the week"

I'm firing him up this week because I don't have many guys on the bench that have as much upside as him.

I know his first two games were underwhelming but another way to look at it is that he hasn't finished with under 50 yards in all three games. 

Really frustrating. He's still on pace for like 1100 yards but he's been a bust in 2 massive shootout games. 

i have no choice but to start him .. really frustrating .. unless ya in like 10 team league but the leagues im in put a lot of stock in him..  brutal espcially when Dak throws all day getting out targeted by Shultz

Dak Prescott completes 41 passes on 58 pass attempts, throwing for 502 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Michael Gallup?...

2 catches for 29 yards

spacer.png

• Haha 4

This guy will collect cobwebs on my bench unless injuries force Dak to look for this guy. Am hoping for a big game next time out so i can put him on the block. I thought he was hurt because he was absent for a spell after a catch, but there he was out there at the end. 

Told yall he was a sell high, just way too many mouths to feed on that Cowboys offense and the only reason Dak looked at him in the Seahawks game was because Cooper wasn't playing the second half either due to exhaustion or short-term injury, sent out as a decoy and held off on most drives.

• Thanks 1

Good blocker😳

• Like 2

I don't want to drop him but he's next man up if there's a WW move I need to make.

Posted (edited)

I pushed him hard last week before the game, not a lot of interest cause the routes he runs are all go go routes down the sideline.  Dak doesn’t have the time to get get through his first two looks to get to him.  Amari and lamb definitely first looks.   Unless they have a deep shot lined up for him they don’t like to call his number to often and most of those balls are 50/50 balls that usually tempt defenders to do pass interference if they get beat.  Anyway good luck with him.  He’s one of those guys you’ll never feel comfortable starting, but you know when you drop him he’ll go off against you.  [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Posted (edited)

The Cowboys just lost their starting center Looney. If you thought they didn’t have enough time to let the go route develop before, I can’t imagine it being much better now.

I’m holding for now but he is next on the list to drop if I need that extra bench spot. Extremely disappointing 

Edited by gmoneypm

Posted (edited)

Extremely frustrating to say the least.  [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Cannot drop Gallup unless in shallow leagues. Cowboys pass so much, all it takes is one injury to whoever and Gallup will have value.

Sucks right now, but have to bench.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 11:03 AM, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Cannot drop Gallup unless in shallow leagues. Cowboys pass so much, all it takes is one injury to whoever and Gallup will have value.

This. As a lottery ticket and bye week cover his upside is huge, but we all know the floor and how many times he's likely to be left on it.

On 10/7/2020 at 1:50 AM, JEREMY LIN said:

Are you guys still holding on to this guy or is he droppable?

He just hit the WW in my 12 team ppr. Kind of surprising after 4 games

4 hours ago, phillyfan461 said:

He just hit the WW in my 12 team ppr. Kind of surprising after 4 games

He's gonna regret that

On 10/7/2020 at 11:03 AM, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Agreed. Flexing Josh Kelley over Gallup this week.

3 hours ago, meekzy said:

thoughts on gallup with dalton ROS?

Dalton did look to Gallup a couple of times. I mean, Gallup can't be worse, right? Dalton gives a little upside to Gallup.

Anyone know why Cooper wasn't even or barely targeted?

3 hours ago, meekzy said:

thoughts on gallup with dalton ROS?

I have a league with 2 flexs and i've kind of thrown him into the 2nd flex and I think I'm just gonna leave him there for now. He's kind of turning into like a DeSean Jackson in some of his years or even kind of like Hollywood Brown a little. Boom or bust. It isn't always a bad thing. In 3 WR leagues and leagues with large starting lineups I love players like this. In shallower leagues it can be tough. I applaud Michael Gallup the football player for taking one for the team here. He's playing hard despite getting less volume. He's a really really good player and deserves more looks.

Edited by Benjamin1984
  • Like 2