ST. STEVEN

Michael Gallup 2020 Outlook

11 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I have a league with 2 flexs and i've kind of thrown him into the 2nd flex and I think I'm just gonna leave him there for now. He's kind of turning into like a DeSean Jackson in some of his years or even kind of like Hollywood Brown a little. Boom or bust. It isn't always a bad thing. In 3 WR leagues and leagues with large starting lineups I love players like this. In shallower leagues it can be tough. I applaud Michael Gallup the football player for taking one for the team here. He's playing hard despite getting less volume. He's a really really good player and deserves more looks.

Agreed, long-time Cowboy fan here and it is a shame.  He can run the full route tree and has all the tools to be the alpha, but is being pidgeonholed in the Alvin Harper role (any other Cowboy fans old enough to remember the reference).

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, JEREMY LIN said:

With Dak’s injury, I don’t think Gallup is a must hold any more. 

i don't think he's a must hold give or take roster/bench size in redraft if you absolutely have to drop someone.  That being said, I'm holding for the simple fact that Dallas will give up a ton of points and remain throwing a lot.  If by chance something happens to Cooper/Ceedee then you would def still want Gallup.   Gallup is running a ton of vertical routes with Cooper/Lamb working underneath in MM/Kellon's scheme so far.  Im holding if i can, but i can also understand a redraft drop if you need the bye week move 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

Agreed, long-time Cowboy fan here and it is a shame.  He can run the full route tree and has all the tools to be the alpha, but is being pidgeonholed in the Alvin Harper role (any other Cowboy fans old enough to remember the reference).

I remember Alvin Harper of course...i'm a lifelong Cowboys fan as well. I was born in Texas and lived there until I was 7 years old when my parents moved us to Ohio. That's a pretty spot on analysis really. What do you do when you have 3 really good wideouts and a top 5 running back? It feels like someone almost has to get left out sometimes. It's not gonna be Zeke or Amari. CeeDee is the new kid in town and the new regime clearly wants to feature him as their own. I'm starting to think he might even take precedent over Amari. They are forcefeeding him the ball. That leaves Gallup on the outside looking in unfortunately. He will have a couple monster games though.

23 hours ago, meekzy said:

thoughts on gallup with dalton ROS?

I don't think Dalton can support 3 fantasy WRs. Not even sure he can support two. Sadly Gallup seems likely to be third in the pecking order behind Cooper and Lamb. So...

eiycno1mmqc01.png?auto=webp&s=85b032dd68

Edited by Jericho

This is a contrarian view, but Mike Gallup might have more opportunities than we think and maybe worth slotting in this week to see how it goes. He showed pretty good chemistry with Dalton in last week's game. All four of his targets and catches came after Dak was out of the game, including this beauty:

He's a talented player but he seems to be the WR3 of this team lately. Currently have MVS in my FLEX over him. Gallup is talented but I am tired of getting burned

Highly volatile. I’m not going for upside this week, so I won’t chance it. The majority of routes he runs are downfield olalongbthe sidelines, which are not high percentage throws. Have to see Dalton a full game 

23 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

He's a talented player but he seems to be the WR3 of this team lately. Currently have MVS in my FLEX over him. Gallup is talented but I am tired of getting burned

MVS is just as likely to burn you than Gallup.  Last week as the no.1 without Davante he put up a dud.  Yes, you can argue he needs Davante on the other side for him to be productive but lets not pretend MVS has a floor. I always bet on talent and Gallup is the superior talent and its not close.  His upside is immense and his value can only go up IMO.  That being said, I am not starting him this week.  Just want to see him with a full game of Dalton 

I've been real close to dumping him for awhile, but I actually think Dalton might help him out. He was my WR3 and now he's on my bench for Tee Higgins in the WR3 slot and I'm giving Hardman a shot in the flex.

But I'm interested to see how this one turns out and am holding for at least a few more games.

Cooper, Lamb, Zeke, and Schultz all had more receiving yards than Gallup. Dalton looked terrible. Gallup looks like he's donezo for fantasy. 

1 minute ago, MurderInc said:

Cooper, Lamb, Zeke, and Schultz all had more receiving yards than Gallup. Dalton looked terrible. Gallup looks like he's donezo for fantasy. 

he dropped a wide open TD too. not like it was all dalton lol

12 hours ago, meekzy said:

he dropped a wide open TD too. not like it was all dalton lol

Had he caught that, his line would look decent...

9 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

Had he caught that, his line would look decent...

And end of game he had two pass interference calls on back to back end zone targets. 

Dalton is looking for him. I think he's in a much better situation with Dalton than he was with Dak honestly. He's not going to win any leagues but I think he's going to be a useful WR with some good weeks.

I think he's clearly droppable in a 10-teamer now. Been benched for a while in mine, and there's simply no interest in a trade with what's available on the wire each week. Frankly, I think you drop him and let him take up space on somebody else's bench. Sure, he'll have a couple of good games, but the floor is disastrous.

For some reason it’s been hard to pull the trigger to drop as I believe in the talent, but I would have a hard time ever feeling comfortable playing him routinely. Certainly a low floor, very rarely high ceiling player. Fwiw I made the move to drop him for Cole Beasley who is about the polar opposite- higher floor, lower ceiling.

if people are holding, I imagine it’s to prevent others from possibly capitalizing if things start trending positively? Hard to see it right now.

Edited by dsrich

2 minutes ago, Chargers88 said:

Anyone think gallup gets traded?

I heard the Packers are looking for WRs. Not sure if Gallup is on the block but that would be interesting. 

Anyone think Gallup is worth a flier this week? 

Ive been decimated by injuries and don't have many options. 

I read Dalton gave him some looks in the redzone? 

Lifetime Cowboy fan here and 20+ year fantasy owner. Last year I tried to trade for him and couldn't get him so I made sure to grab him this year. In a 14 team keeper league I got him and Kupp early and thought with Hop I would have one of the best rec. groups. Not so much. Goff is horrible and I never would have guessed a rookie could come in and displant Gallup who looked to be on the rise to the top rec. He has killed me in my flex so I can't trust him anymore and am close to dropping him. He's good enough and a top rec on any other team, but with Lamb there it's just too much. He makes amazing catches and if he got 8-10 targets a game I think he would be a top 15 rec. 4-5-6 targets a game isn't going to get it done. The one game he had more than 6 targets he went 6 of 9 for 146 and a TD. He has only been targeted more than 5 times twice. It's all about the volume and a great rec. is paying the price because of it. Give him 8-10 targets a game and I gurantee he is pushing 100+ yds every time. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rideordiecowboy said:

Lifetime Cowboy fan here and 20+ year fantasy owner. Last year I tried to trade for him and couldn't get him so I made sure to grab him this year. In a 14 team keeper league I got him and Kupp early and thought with Hop I would have one of the best rec. groups. Not so much. Goff is horrible and I never would have guessed a rookie could come in and displant Gallup who looked to be on the rise to the top rec. He has killed me in my flex so I can't trust him anymore and am close to dropping him. He's good enough and a top rec on any other team, but with Lamb there it's just too much. He makes amazing catches and if he got 8-10 targets a game I think he would be a top 15 rec. 4-5-6 targets a game isn't going to get it done. The one game he had more than 6 targets he went 6 of 9 for 146 and a TD. He has only been targeted more than 5 times twice. It's all about the volume and a great rec. is paying the price because of it. Give him 8-10 targets a game and I gurantee he is pushing 100+ yds every time. 

Exactly while I'm holding. Volume dispersion is temporary, talent is forever. If Cooper or Lamb get injured, Gallup will get more volume. A WR Cuff of sorts, since I also have Lamb. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cbsholy said:

I heard the Packers are looking for WRs. Not sure if Gallup is on the block but that would be interesting. 

That would be a match made in heaven. Rodgers would love tossing to him downfield.🤞