nll928

10000% WHIR... Dynasty startup draft strategy.. Am I stupid?

What's your thoughts on getting 3 complete backfields in dynasty? And not diversifying your backfields as much as normal.  

I'm in a start up league and based off the mocks I can go RB with my first to picks whoever falls to me, grab like a raheem mostert in the 5th or 6th.

After that I can grab all the handcuffs in a couple rounds after I get wr and te set.  In a couple rounds I just lock up  and consecutively the handcuffs for my first 2 picks. (Zeke/Pollard, yadda yadda etc etc).   And Coleman/McKinnon.

I'll have 3 complete backfields,  (targeting teams with long contracts if possible) and a definite WR1.  After that all the rest of my picks can be rookie or young wr who can blossom.  Just need 1 to fill out my wr2 position that I will now treat as my flex.

Here's what my typical team I'm envisioning will end up.  Can this hold up against top squads?  I mocked this in a full 12 person live room with half of my league mates.   Fair representation of what my team can look like

Qb Daniel Jones/Baker 

Rb zeke, pollard 

Rb keller , Kelly, jackson

Wr stefon diggs

Wr plethora of rookie/young wr

Flex monster, Coleman, mckinon

Te engram, Knox, Herndon

It's going to be a very rough season for you're team. 

That team is not good at all IMO. And Diggs is not a WR1 IMO. Contending for last place and best player has covid and even without has to deal with Pollard. I had Zeke last year in one year and they used pollard more then I thought they would. I’d advise drafting differently. 

Handcuffing is one thing but having all the rbs for a team that has no clear direction to touches is an headache.