urban2014

Nick Foles 2020 Outlook

He could have had 5 TD's in a quarter and a half yesterday. On his first series in, Arob caught a TD but had it taken out of his hands and was ruled an interception. Later, AMiller dropped a TD. Once his WR's stopped crapping themselves, he threw three more TD's. That offense (hell even the defense looked energized) looked completely different with him in there. 

Let's see what Foles can do.  With first string reps ans getting the rust out some on Sunday he should continue to improve.  As stated his play was better than the numbers would say (poor WR play held back the offense not bad QB play).

But MVP Mitch shouldn't get his hopes down because Foles has yet to be able to play every game of the season due to injury, benching, returning starter, etc.

[...]

I feel like he can put up points weekly, they’ll be slinging the ball a lot with Foles to prove they made the right choice with benching Mitch. 

Edited by tonycpsu
FAAB discussion goes in AC

Sent an offer for Foles that was snap accepted. Now I'm worried. I'm a Bears fan and Pace and Nagy don't have a clue what they're doing.

Really seems hard to believe they would go back to Trubisky after benching him and then immediately naming Foles the week 4 starter. Even if the Bears lose their next game or two, would they actually bounce back and forth between QBs?

Edited by ajs723

2 minutes ago, TeeGee60 said:

for what it's worth

Yeah, this is why I'm high on Nick right now. I just don't know how much I trust these guys to stay true to their word.

will possibly go for nick assuming he's been in one of his best situations in recent memories with weapons around him. hoping for him to be a solid low end QB1. 

This week will be a real test. Besides darnold indys def completely shutdown cousins. 

53 minutes ago, TeeGee60 said:

This week will be a real test. Besides darnold indys def completely shutdown cousins. 

Best passing defense in the league by DVOA through three weeks. On the other hand, they've played the Jets, Vikings, and Jags... and Minshew was 19/20 with 3 TDs in a win against them. 

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

Best passing defense in the league by DVOA through three weeks. On the other hand, they've played the Jets, Vikings, and Jags... and Minshew was 19/20 with 3 TDs in a win against them. 

Yeah I was going to make mention of that but what nick lacks in moustache he makes for in BDN.  Fired up in superflex

On 6/12/2020 at 7:41 PM, Rush2112 said:

Foles will be the new starter between weeks 2 - 3 and keep the job ROS. 

Looks like this was spot on so far

3 hours ago, ajs723 said:

and they lost Hooker

3 hours ago, ajs723 said:

this guy gets it 👍

delve beneath the surace numbers, fellas ... this ain't exactly the freakin' Legion of Boom that BDN is facing ...

4 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

Looked like little dick Nick tonight 

I mean, he drove the team down the field for the game winning drive. Kinda silly to crap all over him right now.

17 hours ago, ajs723 said:

I mean, he drove the team down the field for the game winning drive. Kinda silly to crap all over him right now.

It was a joke man. But I also don’t care if they pulled out the ugly win, Foles still played like ****. If Trubisky played like that and they won, they would be all over him still. 

20 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Still owns Tom Brady.

The Brady Slayer 2.0 ... Eli was 1.0

57 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

It was a joke man. But I also don’t care if they pulled out the ugly win, Foles still played like ****. If Trubisky played like that and they won, they would be all over him still. 

Its his 2nd start on a short week.  Let the man shake off the rust and build some chemistry.

The Colts & Bucs are probably the two best defenses The Bears will see this year. 

Foles and this Bears offense only gets better going forward.

• Haha 1

Bears QB Nick Foles didn't not sustain a hip fracture Monday night against the Vikings. 

So he did???

24 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Bears QB Nick Foles didn't not sustain a hip fracture Monday night against the Vikings. 

So he did???

Why did Master Yoda write this report 

I was sitting there thinking how is he getting carted off from that hit? Did old buddy break his hip? 

So, there's no actual injury? Bone bruise? Hip stinger? I guess we expect him to start in two weeks against the Pack. I was planning on starting him week 13 for TB's bye. Thought for sure he died last night, but now it appears he's okay...