urban2014

Drop Robby Anderson for Hunter Renfrow? Dynasty

I have Boston Scott as well or Ha Ha Dix...

Posted (edited)

Yes Robby is the #3 option in the WR passing game. Moore is #1, and Samuel is the #2 

Edited by Rush2112

And? Renfrow has T Williams and Ruggs. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, urban2014 said:

I have Boston Scott as well or Ha Ha Dix...

It's almost impossible to compare WR vs RB vs DB without knowing your PPR and IDP settings (or the number of teams in your league), but assuming 12 team full PPR, I'd guess Renfrow >= Anderson > Scott > Dix.

Safeties are usually widely available and HaHa is not a top 10 S; Scott could be worth hanging on to depending on how deep your league is (both in terms of bench and teams).

Purely the WRs, I don't have a lot of faith in Robbie Anderson, but on the other hand, Renfrow is in a quite crowded WR room. I don't think either is going to win you your league, but Renfrow has more upside to my mind. It may well be worth it to drop HHCD for him and see how he does in camp/pre-season.

Edited by Boudewijn

Idk man I have faith that Carolina went out and got Robby for a reason. They also coached him in college and are familiar with his skills. Renfroe just isn’t anything special imo and Robby can cause major damage on one play. I’d keep the upside play in Robby 

That's fair, I think I am keeping.  

20 hours ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

Idk man I have faith that Carolina went out and got Robby for a reason. They also coached him in college and are familiar with his skills. Renfroe just isn’t anything special imo and Robby can cause major damage on one play. I’d keep the upside play in Robby 

I don't disagree, but while he may be great for the team, I just don't think he's going to be good for fantasy.  I don't want to hold a player that I'm relying on having one big play a game.  Especially with his current team. 

I hope you dont have to play either.

Id go with renfrow just to see if he turns into anything.

7 hours ago, K197040 said:

I don't disagree, but while he may be great for the team, I just don't think he's going to be good for fantasy.  I don't want to hold a player that I'm relying on having one big play a game.  Especially with his current team. 

I guess I’m a bit higher on Robby than most. I think he can be very useful in fantasy and reality. With a coach that knows how to use him I think he can be a fine WR3 this year. I’m also probably lower on Renfroe than most he just doesn’t impress me at all. I think Renfroe needs big volume to be relevant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with you.

You aren’t spending 2 years at $20million if you are comfortable with Curtis Samuel. Add in the fact that he has a history with the coaching staff from Temple I feel this is not even close. Is he a great long term dynasty addition? Probably not but feel way better than what Renfrow is going to offer. Wouldn’t surprise me if Anderson ended up with 60-65 receptions with 800-900 Yards and 7tds which would be similar to what he produced final year at Temple and 2017 Jets season.

• Like 1