ShopHeirlooms

Kamara for CEH & Tua in a dynasty league

Recommended Posts

We had a startup dynasty draft, I’m not too keen on Kamara and I would like to be the guy to have the next Brian Westbrook for the next 6-10 years. Should I pull the trigger or ask for more? I’m a Dolphins fan too so hence the Tua, he’s throwing that in there to try and draw my bias from under the rug. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShopHeirlooms said:

We had a startup dynasty draft, I’m not too keen on Kamara and I would like to be the guy to have the next Brian Westbrook for the next 6-10 years. Should I pull the trigger or ask for more? I’m a Dolphins fan too so hence the Tua, he’s throwing that in there to try and draw my bias from under the rug. 

Is this SF? If so then easily the CEH side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Is this SF? If so then easily the CEH side

What’s SF mean? But easily? Can you tell me your perspective, thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

What’s SF mean? But easily? Can you tell me your perspective, thanks! 

SF as in Superflex where you start 2 QBs or 1 QB and 1 special or "super" flex that can be a QB (and usually has to be a QB)

QB value in those leagues catapults up and Tua would easily cover the difference between CEH and Kamara--who is IMO unlikely to be in New Orleans past next season.

Saints aren't stupid on investing RBs like the Panthers or Giants.

And even if he is it will be without Brees--whose absence dropped his numbers significantly last year

Edited by mocha4313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

SF as in Superflex where you start 2 QBs or 1 QB and 1 special or "super" flex that can be a QB (and usually has to be a QB)

QB value in those leagues catapults up and Tua would easily cover the difference between CEH and Kamara--who is IMO unlikely to be in New Orleans past next season.

Saints aren't stupid on investing RBs like the Panthers or Giants.

And even if he is it will be without Brees--whose absence dropped his numbers significantly last year

Ah super flex, my bad. I was pushing to try super flex or an extra flex and remove kickers but it didn’t get voted thru. But no it’s just normal full point ppr.

Now I’m reading that Kamara said he was 75% all season, if that’s the case, Drew or no Drew he wasn’t himself. Barring a hold out, he could get back to being the monster he was now that he’s healthy, right?

I really believe in CEH though, it’s just that Tua will be sitting behind Stafford & Lock. So I’m just nervous about giving up Kamara for CEH and not getting fair value this year. Damien Williams might cut into his damage this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

Ah super flex, my bad. I was pushing to try super flex or an extra flex and remove kickers but it didn’t get voted thru. But no it’s just normal full point ppr.

Now I’m reading that Kamara said he was 75% all season, if that’s the case, Drew or no Drew he wasn’t himself. Barring a hold out, he could get back to being the monster he was now that he’s healthy, right?

I really believe in CEH though, it’s just that Tua will be sitting behind Stafford & Lock. So I’m just nervous about giving up Kamara for CEH and not getting fair value this year. Damien Williams might cut into his damage this year. 

I think Kamara will be fine next year but he is not a workhorse and--despite his talent/elusiveness--relies a lot on Payton scheming quality touches for him and Brees's pinpoint short passing accuracy to maximize YAC. I am not sure how I feel about him with a rookie QB in Jacksonville or Pittsburgh or with "run it up the middle over and over again" Pete Carroll in Seattle (purely hypothetical)--making me think that--while next year will be the usual--we have seen his best.

 

With that said, value wise I think you need more to do this in 1QB. A decent WR prospect perhaps? Like you said QB is not really a pressing enough need and Tua's production is unlikely to be immediate.

 

As you may see in my sig and pic, CEH is on my dynasty team and on my real life NFL team so I do like the potential, fit and am heavily invested in his success BUT it would be impossible for me to say he doesn't have a few red flags (both short and without good straight line speed--lacking one of height or speed is okay but with both it's hard to find decent comparisons of past successes, and also not doing much until his last year at LSU).

So there is risk with both players, and with RBs I usually love to get younger and not hold onto guys too long, so I like the idea of moving for CEH

BUT value wise:

I think a decent pick or WR prospect would be needed on top; if not, try again in season when Kamara is having his normal year and there isn't much talk of Brees retiring/his free agency at the end of the year and CEH is still getting acclimated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

I think Kamara will be fine next year but he is not a workhorse and--despite his talent/elusiveness--relies a lot on Payton scheming quality touches for him and Brees's pinpoint short passing accuracy to maximize YAC. I am not sure how I feel about him with a rookie QB in Jacksonville or Pittsburgh or with "run it up the middle over and over again" Pete Carroll in Seattle (purely hypothetical)--making me think that--while next year will be the usual--we have seen his best.

 

With that said, value wise I think you need more to do this in 1QB. A decent WR prospect perhaps? Like you said QB is not really a pressing enough need and Tua's production is unlikely to be immediate.

 

As you may see in my sig and pic, CEH is on my dynasty team and on my real life NFL team so I do like the potential, fit and am heavily invested in his success BUT it would be impossible for me to say he doesn't have a few red flags (both short and without good straight line speed--lacking one of height or speed is okay but with both it's hard to find decent comparisons of past successes, and also not doing much until his last year at LSU).

So there is risk with both players, and with RBs I usually love to get younger and not hold onto guys too long, so I like the idea of moving for CEH

BUT value wise:

I think a decent pick or WR prospect would be needed on top; if not, try again in season when Kamara is having his normal year and there isn't much talk of Brees retiring/his free agency at the end of the year and CEH is still getting acclimated

He just offered me Ruggs too! I’m really thinking about it now lol.

Great insight god, appreciate you! Thanks a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

He just offered me Ruggs too! I’m really thinking about it now lol.

Great insight god, appreciate you! Thanks a lot!

With Ruggs added in I take that.

Not usually high on speedsters and still not super high on Ruggs per se, but over the last few weeks I have come around somewhat

CEH+Ruggs+Tua is excellent value for Kamara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

With Ruggs added in I take that.

Not usually high on speedsters and still not super high on Ruggs per se, but over the last few weeks I have come around somewhat

CEH+Ruggs+Tua is excellent value for Kamara

I would make this deal but not with Ruggs added in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

I would make this deal but not with Ruggs added in

He would be giving Kamara and getting the package

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

He would be giving Kamara and getting the package

Yup, I realized that after I hit the submit button...Good deal IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you're a Miami fan ya gotta get Tua, he's gonna become a fantasy beast very very soon. Plus getting CEH is a nice bonus to. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 4:39 AM, mocha4313 said:

I think Kamara will be fine next year but he is not a workhorse

How soon we forget. In 2017 and 2018 Kamara was top 4 RB and top 10 overall.Even at 75% (and it hurt to just look at him) he was still a RB1.

Having said that, I'm not sure he can come back to 100%, he's really been run into the ground. In fact, there's also the tiny matter of him possibly holding out for a better contract.

Having said that ^2:

On 6/18/2020 at 5:10 AM, ShopHeirlooms said:

He just offered me Ruggs too!

 

Do it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

How soon we forget. In 2017 and 2018 Kamara was top 4 RB and top 10 overall.Even at 75% (and it hurt to just look at him) he was still a RB1.

Having said that, I'm not sure he can come back to 100%, he's really been run into the ground. In fact, there's also the tiny matter of him possibly holding out for a better contract.

Having said that ^2:

 

Do it.

He still wasn’t a workhorse. That’s not necessarily terrible and actually impressive as he was efficient enough to be an RB1 even without workhorse level touches, but he still wasn’t a workhorse. He is a player that needs to be paired with a between the tackles runner in order to maximize his ability and production. 

“Workhorse” is a label disconnected from fantasy production

Just like Derrick Henry is a workhorse while Austin Ekeler (who outscored him in PPR) is not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 12:14 AM, bhawks489 said:

Whats your team?

QB - Stafford, Lock

RB - Cook, Kamara, James Conner, Mattison, AJ Dillon, Deejay Dallas

WR - Metcalf, AJ Brown, Preston Williams, Hunter Renfrow, Peoples-Jones

TE - Fant, Geseki
 

everybody else are IDPers I don’t know if y’all want to know them (they’re impressive though imo, first year playing IDP and I’m excited)  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 9:17 AM, Rush2112 said:

Since you're a Miami fan ya gotta get Tua, he's gonna become a fantasy beast very very soon. Plus getting CEH is a nice bonus to. 

Exactly. That’s what I’m hoping on in real life, it’s only right I compound it with fantasy lol. But is Kamara too much? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

Exactly. That’s what I’m hoping on in real life, it’s only right I compound it with fantasy lol. But is Kamara too much? 

Kamara for Tua is too much.
Kamara for Tua plus CEH I'd probably consider.
Kamara for Tua, CEH and Ruggs? That's three 1st round picks. Easy for me (and I'm a huge fan of both the player and the person Kamara).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Kamara for Tua is too much.
Kamara for Tua plus CEH I'd probably consider.
Kamara for Tua, CEH and Ruggs? That's three 1st round picks. Easy for me (and I'm a huge fan of both the player and the person Kamara).

This is my reasoning too. Ruggs puts it in the accept category for me. Although, Tua was a 2nd round pick unless this is 2QB or SF...

Edited by bhawks489

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I’m not high on Kamara either.
 

In two years CEH>Kamara easy. That’s about when Tua and Ruggs will hit their stride.  So if you’re in the mood for a two year plan, then go for it. 
 

Same for Preston and Gesicki, but I wouldn’t go for a Dolphins-heavy roster. 
 

Edit: All of your WR/TE actually. 

Edited by Keithjackson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make the trade.

 

You probably lose more this season without Kamara but then win big time from next season as all those rookies develop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.