Rotoworld.com Forums

Corey Davis 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

Jonnu got hurt early in week 6 and arguably was a Decoy week 7

1 minute ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

No idea what points you’re making here either my man so we’re in the same boat of confusion it seems. 

Jonnu practiced all week you’re correct there was no injury tags on him... proving my point that he is not hurt. Therefore he was not used as a decoy this week 

See Bolded, you misread my post hence my confusion on your response

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Long....read if you want....   Corey Davis' usage and numbers for Week 1 - along with the debate here - intrigued me enough to attempt a deep dive on his Three Year Career....   20

Just because a player didn't break out in his first (3) years doesn't mean it won't happen in his 4th year. Are there other reasons that he may not break out? Maybe. But clinging to the fact that he h

With Henry, the Titans are most certainly a run-first team (31 last night!!), however Tannehill threw it up 43(!) times last night with Corey Davis leading the way in targets, receptions, and yards, w

5 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

See Bolded, you misread my post hence my confusion on your response

No, no I didn’t lol Anybody else understand the point this poster is arguing here? How will Corey Davis lose targets if everybody is healthy? Goes completely against your original statement

Edited by BxBOMBERs28
Just now, BxBOMBERs28 said:

No, no I didn’t lol Anybody else understand the point this poster is arguing here? Am I all alone in the confusion? 

Jonnu got hurt early in the game week 6, Leading up to week 7 nobody knew if he would play many thought it was 50/50, he suited up with little to no involvement leading many to believe he was just a decoy like we see in football games to get an edge on the defense

you said he was not used as a decoy this week, i never said he was, its week 8 

2 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Jonnu got hurt early in the game week 6, Leading up to week 7 nobody knew if he would play many thought it was 50/50, he suited up with little to no involvement leading many to believe he was just a decoy like we see in football games to get an edge on the defense

you said he was not used as a decoy this week, i never said he was, its week 8 

Yes I know which week it is. Jonnu got 3 targets this week and he’s fully healthy as you say. So if Jonnu was completely healthy then why do you expect the target distribution to change going forward? See where I’m going with this?

Edited by BxBOMBERs28

I don't think we've witnessed a clear pecking order for the Titans. In a small sample with both Brown and Davis healthy, Jonnu has taken a backseat.  That can change as teams try to figure out the best way to stop them.  The things that are coming into focus are;  1) Davis is not the same player he has been in years prior.  2) Brown finds the endzone often enough that he should not be found on benches.  3) Jonnu is still a bit TD dependant,  but there is upside for bigger games.

Even though the offense flows through Henry, 2 out of these 3 have consistently been high scoring options.  That is a credit to Tannehill and so long as he is the QB, I'd feel safe playing all 3 of these weapons.

1 hour ago, nb009 said:

Damn. Pretty sure this was the first time of a few of us started him all season.

He's been very solid all year. This is his first really bad game. Chicago is tough vs the pass. I think he'll be back next week. 

On 11/2/2020 at 2:31 PM, kmoore1521 said:

Solid Bye Week or injury replacement WR

Run first offense + AJ Brown + Jonnu with Davis? inconsistency R Them #havefun

🤷‍♂️ 

we shall see ROS how it shakes out but not surprised, this Firkser guy getting targets is an interesting development as well

That really sucks. Only 27? Too young. RIP Titus. Cancer sucks. SMH. 

I wasn't planning on playing Davis this week, but may have to now. He could have a big game. I still remember that MNF game Favre had the day after his dad died. Monster game. 

Of course, I guess it could also go the other way? Man, tough call. 

Anyone know why this guy doesn't get fed with targets on a regular basis? Trouble getting open? I don't watch Titans much but anytime he does get targets he produces. I know it's probably not just QB play since his 5th year option wasn't picked up. Just can't put my finger on why he hasn't panned out.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Anyone else thinking Corey might have a decent game against Indy on Sunday? 

Sure. He’s been having decent games all year, with the exception of that one goose-egg outlier.

The problem is his goose-egg came right after his biggest game of the year, so I think that was the week a lot of people started him, and no one feels like they can trust him anymore.  

Also, he’s Corey Davis.

But you can definitely do worse.  I believe he’s out-targeted AJ Brown this season in games they’ve played together.

• 2 weeks later...