urban2014

Corey Davis 2020 Outlook

Drafted before Mike Williams has more receptions and yards through 3 years then Mike Williams. 2 and a half years his QB was Mariota. Through 3 years he had 2 different head coaches and 3 different coordinators. In the playoffs had more targets and receptions and yards then AJ Brown. This season is the first time in his career he has the same coordinator as the previous year. I'm holding. If I didn't own I would be buying for the aforementioned reasons. In closing he's playing for a new contract too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, turner46 said:

Drafted before Mike Williams has more receptions and yards through 3 years then Mike Williams. 2 and a half years his QB was Mariota. Through 3 years he had 2 different head coaches and 3 different coordinators. In the playoffs had more targets and receptions and yards then AJ Brown. This season is the first time in his career he has the same coordinator as the previous year. I'm holding. If I didn't own I would be buying for the aforementioned reasons. In closing he's playing for a new contract too.

Is this finally the year this dude puts it all together?

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

I can't say for sure but all those things in his favor plus being his contract year it is likely now or never.

Devante Parker was able to put it together last year after 4 dud years, maybe Corey will do the same this year

• Like 3

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Psyche! Don't be fooled.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Psyche! Don't be fooled.

As someone who....

- understands the Titan's lack of an air-attack over the last few years with Marriota

- sees a Big-Bodied, 6-3, former Top 5 NFL Draft Picks who looked great last night

- who has had MONSTER Games in the past (9/151/1, 7-110-1)

- who now sees stability at the QB position, playing with a stud in AJ Brown next to him

- and seems to have the trust of his QB

...I'm of the believe it would be foolish to dismiss Davis heading into only his fourth year -- opportunities are missed with this mindset.

Worthy of the last spot on your bench to see how this year plays out.

• Like 5

Only 3 WRs had more 1st Down Receptions than Corey Davis (7) in Week 1 -- Hopkins, Adams, Ridley

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Spina said:

As someone who....

- understands the Titan's lack of an air-attack over the last few years with Marriota

- sees a Big-Bodied, 6-3, former Top 5 NFL Draft Picks who looked great last night

- who has had MONSTER Games in the past (9/151/1, 7-110-1)

- who now sees stability at the QB position, playing with a stud in AJ Brown next to him

- and seems to have the trust of his QB

...I'm of the believe it would be foolish to dismiss Davis heading into only his fourth year -- opportunities are missed with this mindset.

Worthy of the last spot on your bench to see how this year plays out.

To add that Brown is likely to draw the number one cb each week and Davis is getting the same amount of targets as him.

• Like 1

Take it from someone who's snatched him multiple times after a game like this for all the reasons mentioned above. I just don't see it happening. He is what he is at this point and this is a team that wants to run the ball ALL game long. 

28 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

To add that Brown is likely to draw the number one cb each week and Davis is getting the same amount of targets as him.

Then why don't the #2 WR's dominate on every team? This is such a weak argument that I see often mentioned when it comes to the #2 WR on a team. A lot of teams play zone schemes and some teams have corners stick to one side of the field. A lot of corners don't go into the slot. So receivers get moved around for match ups all game long.

44 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He is what he is at this point 

So was Devante Parker until he all of a sudden he put it together. Davis is worth a few waiver bucks and a couple weeks of bench stashing to see if is indeed the breakout.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

So was Devante Parker until he all of a sudden he put it together. Davis is worth a few waiver bucks and a couple weeks of bench stashing to see if is indeed the breakout.

I agree with that. But I don't believe Davis is worth going all in on because this is a run-first team and he is 3rd or 4th in the pecking order there. The Titans receivers as a whole appear to be inconsistent week-to-week.

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

I agree with that. But I don't believe Davis is worth going all in on because this is a run-first team and he is 3rd or 4th in the pecking order there. The Titans receivers as a whole appear to be inconsistent week-to-week.

I don't think anyone here is trying to argue going 'all in' on him. A few waiver bucks, like mentioned in the quoted, is hardly any risk to see if he maybe goes on a Parker-esque tear.

I'm passing on this one. Good luck and I hope it works out but I doubt it happens. I do not believe in him at all.

32 minutes ago, devaster said:

With Henry, the Titans are most certainly a run-first team (31 last night!!), however Tannehill threw it up 43(!) times last night with Corey Davis leading the way in targets, receptions, and yards, while moving the chains seven times for first downs -- doesn't seem like '3rd/4th in the pecking order'. At least for Week 1.

...and no one is saying to go "all in".

Add to the end of your bench? Yes.

• Like 5

As long as Davis is he healthy he’s going to have a good year. The talent and skill set is there. He’s just never been healthy with a capable QB. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

He looked basically unguardable on a few routes across the middle when they went play action... I scooped him before Monday night as my last bench spot rotator that I churn through form week to week. Looks like I'll be holding for a bit with a real chance at hitting a gem. 

Sorry, I can't do this again. 

It was just one of those rough defensive games in Denver. They couldn't get AJ Brown going, he is the guy and Davis is just going to have a few flashes here and there but ultimately this guy is always a let down.

• Like 2

Not sure if anybody mentioned this already but watching the Monday night game, to me, it looked like Titans don’t want to wait until fourth quarter to tire out the opposing defense so Henry can king his way. 

There were more than a few quick plays and seems like they want to tire out defense with fast paced offense. It makes sense. 

It wasn’t like there were down big but Tannehill threw for 43 times and Henry ran for 31. 

For those who watched the game, what are your takes on this? 

Because if it’s a trend I’m buying Davis and would try getting other Titans aggressively. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dead Money said:

Sorry, I can't do this again. 

It was just one of those rough defensive games in Denver. They couldn't get AJ Brown going, he is the guy and Davis is just going to have a few flashes here and there but ultimately this guy is always a let down.

Just one more time, man. Corey promises he won't let you down again. 

he's one where ill stay up once waivers clear and if he's available ill take a gander. 

Worth a shot as a post-hype sleeper. Snap count is there, physical tools are there, has an upgrade at QB, and is in a contract year. Looked great in week 1.

7 hours ago, MurderInc said:

Just one more time, man. Corey promises he won't let you down again. 

Alien chases guy, is pretty funny | AwesomeGIFs