urban2014

Corey Davis 2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, Spina said:

great post Spina, thanks for taking the time... enjoyed the read! GL

• Thanks 1

How do we know Davis had top CB coverage all season last year and now wouldn't he have it again with the Brown injury?

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

How do we know Davis had top CB coverage all season last year and now wouldn't he have it again with the Brown injury?

I somewhat agree with this ... Davis had 8 targets with secondary coverage last game and did well. That may actually be a preferable situation compared to what will happen if Brown isn't around to draw coverage.

Whether primary or secondary coverage we know he's now locked in for 8 plus targets a game..  Its  literally just him Jonnu and Humphries.

He's their most verstile pass catcher - methinks Tannehill is gonna feed him 8 targets a game minimum.  This is is his big shot!

Edited by JetsAwesome

I've owned him in a league every season since his rookie year.  MAYBE he finally delivers as he was a top 5 draft pick, had been labeled a "bust."  Titans run the ball a ton, but they only have so many receiving options.

11 minutes ago, yanksman said:

He was beating double teams Monday night, not sure if it will even matter.

37 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

With AJ still hurt

He is a full start this week.

Apparently from what i've read Corey Davis is injured too.  Didn't practice yesterday, and has a full leg sleeve/wrap on his leg cause of a hammy injury..?  Sounds about right

Really wish I woulda put a claim in on him now. He's in a prime position to finally deliver:

• Corey Davis (hamstring) returned to Titans practice Thursday, getting in a limited session. 

It's just in the nick of time for the Titans, who appear as if they will be missing A.J. Brown (knee) for Week 2 against the Jaguars. Davis' big game against the Broncos was one of Week 1's most surprising performances, but now they will need it to be more than an aberration. If Brown does indeed sit, Davis will enter the usage-based WR3 conversation. 

Sep 17, 2020, 4:44 PM ET

•  

• Thanks 1

I was closely watching Monday night (Henry owner). Davis had at least 2-3 double teamed highly contested catches. He looked really good.....we will see if he can keep it up.

25 minutes ago, jkendrick2 said:

I was closely watching Monday night (Henry owner). Davis had at least 2-3 double teamed highly contested catches. He looked really good.....we will see if he can keep it up.

Yep, saw that too. He looked good. 

He's the top wide receiver on the team. Running game is good, opens up the field and targets have to go somewhere. Worth an add if you need a WR. 

8 minutes ago, MyFistYourFace said:

If I didn’t have Tucker as my kicker I would definitely drop a kicker to grab him. Especially after the Brown news. 

Drop your defense?

Just now, Jetdog16 said:

Drop your defense?

Saints. In a 14 team league I don’t want to drop anyone on my bench because I know they will get snagged. Hoping if Crowder is truly ruled out for Sunday That the news happens sooner rather than later so I can add him to IR. 

17 minutes ago, MyFistYourFace said:

Saints. In a 14 team league I don’t want to drop anyone on my bench because I know they will get snagged. Hoping if Crowder is truly ruled out for Sunday That the news happens sooner rather than later so I can add him to IR. 

Are you saying Davis cleared waivers and is a FA in your 14-teamer?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Are you saying Davis cleared waivers and is a FA in your 14-teamer?

I agree, seems hard to believe in a 14 teamer, must be shallow ish and start only 2 WR

• Thanks 1

Yeah im all aboard...dropped boyd the turd...lez hope davis finally lives up to his potential 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Power-O said:

Yeah im all aboard...dropped boyd the turd...lez hope davis finally lives up to his potential 

???? some people amaze me. go back to reddit pls

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Power-O said:

I'm sure tonight's game was hard to watch...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

???? some people amaze me. go back to reddit pls

To be fair he isnt a turd..his qb is...and playing boyd is literally a dumb gamble at this point...not even heavily targeted so there is no reason to keep him when you can get a number 1 receiver who has more upside if he actually turns it around...there is no reason to not grb a wr who jus had a 100 yrd game on 8 targets...

Edited by Power-O

Thinking they're taking it easy on him in practice because of the:

1) Monday night game

2) already had a minor hammy issue so not taking any chances

3) they knew Brown might be out & needed to keep Davis healthy for Sunday

I always believed in his talent, but now the situation has improved with a capable QB who actually has confidence to throw to him downfield.  Really hoping he delivers

• Like 1