urban2014

Corey Davis 2020 Outlook

This may be Corey Davis's last chance to establish fantasy relevance.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

I'm either a genius, or a glutton for punishment.

I'm firing up my ol' buddy CD one last time.

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2020 at 11:01 PM, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Davis is this year's DeVante Parker. Had Parker last year and things similar this time around. Now if AJ Brown were to get hurt....

Well well well look what we have here. 

I say we play him

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, NBatum88 said:

Starting him with 0 confidence

Yup. Throwing a dart this week. Already been Chubb'd, and Golladay'd, so YOLO.

8 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

This post could have been from last year. But I fear it could also be used for the next 5 years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

This post could have been from last year. But I fear it could also be used for the next 5 years.

But just imagine if we were all to pick the one week the wish came true!

Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever had him on my roster. Let's make the magic happen!

2-15-0 - 2.5pts.

• Like 1

If he is healthy I think he will produce. He is still a former #5 pick, he needs to have a good season to get a new contract, all the proper motivation should be there. I'll say 6 for 60 with room for more.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

But just imagine if we were all to pick the one week the wish came true!

Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever had him on my roster. Let's make the magic happen!

2-15-0 - 2.5pts.

With a fumble, so -0.5 pts total 😄

• Haha 1

Have to wonder how some of these national NFL reporters hold onto jobs, ESPN's Dan Graziano post the AJ Brown injury news listed Corey Davis as a possible trade candidate as the Titans apparently have depth/options at the WR position.

Really is embarrassing the lack of effort/research some of these reporters put in.

In what world would the Titans trade Corey Davis and leave themselves a WR room headed by Humphries/Raymond/Westbrook-Ikhine.

Titans would be smart to trade Davis to a WR-needy team that thinks they can jump start his career.

16 minutes ago, devaster said:

Titans would be smart to trade Davis to a WR-needy team that thinks they can jump start his career.

I’m sure Hoodie would take a shot.

17 minutes ago, devaster said:

That would be an option if he had a string of games where he produced well and showed why they made him a first round pick.  As it stands now they wouldn't get any value in return and would be leaving themselves barren at WR until Brown returns

1 minute ago, herschel said:

I’m sure Hoodie would take a shot.

No chance Vrabel would make a trade to help the Pats when they themselves are looking to compete for a Superbowl.

The jags rookie cb looks like a star in the making. Earned rookie of the week against TY Hilton. I'd lower expectations, this looks like a D Henry and Jonnu Smith game to me

Edited by scheibler

....that stiff-arm at the End 👀⚠️

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 5:30 PM, Spina said:

Long....read if you want....

Corey Davis' usage and numbers for Week 1 - along with the debate here - intrigued me enough to attempt a deep dive on his Three Year Career....

2017- ROOKIE Year -- Misses most of the first half of the season

- Jan - suffers High Ankle Sprain training for the Combine that required a 'minor surgery'

- March/April - doesn't participate in Combine or Pro Days

- Titans still make Davis the 5th Overall Pick of the 2017 Draft -- NCAA's All-Time Leading Receiver (5,278)

[other 1st Round WRs: Mike William (7), John Ross (9)]

- Enters Camp penciled in as a the starter opposite Rishad Matthews, with newly signed Eric Decker to man the slot.

- The Passing offense led by a subpar Marcus Mariota goes through target hog Delanie Walker

- The offense as a whole ran through the DeMarco Murray/Derrick Henry backfield

- Aug 3rd - injures Hamstring - MISSES ALL OF PRESEASON

- Week 1: NFL Debut - 10 Targets(!) - 6/69yds

- Week 2: Aggravates Hamstring -- 1 of 3 for 4yds before leaving in the 3rd

- Weeks 3 - Week 8: OUT - Hamstring has Davis missing the NEXT 5 Games

-Week 9: returns on a snap count following the Week 8 Bye - 2 of 5, 28yds (no targets after half)

- Week 10: 10 Targets on Full Snaps, but only 4-48yds -- Long TD knocked loose diving into endzone

- Weeks 11 - Week 15: MARIOTA SUCKS - Davis on average those game [3 of 5, for 30yds]

- Week 16: 6 of 9 for 91yds - BEST GAME of the Year

- Week 17: 0 for 2 -- Jags Ramsey/Bouye shutdown the passing game

- Wildcard vs. KC: 4 of 7 for 35 yards -- Mariota completely missed him for 22yd TD

- Divisional vs. NE: 5 of 8 for 63 and TWO TOUCHDOWNS!!! (First of his career -- took long enough!)

2018 - Year TWO - New system/OC Matt LaFleur -- 112 Targets, 65-891-4TDs

- Week 1: 13 TARGETS(!), 6-62yds [Mariota Hurt --> enter Blaine Gabbert ugh, Delaine Walker lost for the season]

- Week 2: 5 of 7 for 55yds -- Gabbert at QB threw for a grand total of 117yds

- Week 3: 2 of 4 for a leading 34 yards -- Mariota/Gabbert totaled 108yds vs the Jags secondary

- Week 4: 15 TARGETS(!) - 9-161, with a 51yd TD -- FINALLY showing his enormous potential

- Week 5: 4 of 6 for 49yds - shadowed by Tre'Davious White

- Week 6: 1 of 4 for 24yds -- ugh(!), Ravens D limited Mariota to 15 attempts (11 SACKS!!!!)

- Week 7: 3 of 7 for TEN YARDS! FOOKED

- Week 9: 10 TARGETS coming off the Week 8 Bye - 6-56yds -- Mariota misses wide-open TD

- Week 10: 10 MORE TARGETS(!) - 7-125-TD to beat Brady in his 300th Game - also Vrabel's Pats revenge game

- Week 11: 2 of 4 for 30yds - Mariota Hurt -- > Enter Gabbert (Jonnu Smith leading receiver with 44yds)

- Week 12: 4 of 4-96yds, with a 48yd TOUCHDOWN, and a 39yd rush (leading rusher on the day)

- Week 13: Game Winning eleven yard TD with :36 second left vs. the Jets -- 3 of 7 for 42yds (Back-to-Back Weeks with a TD)

- Week 14: FOUR Early TDs by Derrick Henry left very little passing in this game - 2 of 3 for 21yds

- Week 15: Davis led receivers with 33yds during a MONSOON where Mariota totaled 88(!) yards - 3 of 6 for 33yds

- Week 16: 3 of 5 for 45yds, shadowed by Washington's Josh Norman (when he was good)

- Week 17: 5 of 7 for 48yds

2019 - YEAR Three Jump on hold after drafting AJ Brown, adding Adam Humphries, and the return of Delanie Walker -- Mariota Loses Job to Tannehill

- Week 1: 0 for 3 -- SHUTOUT by Cleveland's Denzel Ward (Not a good way to open the season)

- Week 2: 3 of 5 for 38yds -- Mariots totals 158yds (Delanie leads the way with 39yds)

- Week 3: 3-44yds on 4 Targets -- matchup on Jags Ramsey/Bouye (Delanie Walker/Humphries 9 Targets each)

- Week 4: 5-91-TD on 6 Targets - Solid

- Week 5: 2 of 4 for 28yds -- shadowed by the Bills Tre-Davious White (AJ Brown 2-27yds)

- Week 6: End of Mariota's Titans Career - 3 INTs/7 Sacks/Titans Get Shut-Out - 3 of 5 for 36yds -- shadowed by Denver's Chris Harris

- Week 7: Enter Ryan Tannehill - 6-80-TD on 7 Targets (AJ Brown 6-64)

- Week 8: 2 of 6 for NINE YARDS! -- AJ Brown was 2-11yds so...awful

- Week 9: 4 of 5 for 48yds -- Injured Hip During the game (AJ Brown 4-81)

- Week 10: OUT (Hip) --- Week 11 Bye

- Week 12: 2 of 3 for 29yds -- Both Tannehill/Henry rushed for 2 TDs each -- 18 passes all game - (Davis second leading receiver, AJ 65yd TD...4-135yds)

- Week 13: 1 of 2 for 23yds -- a Derrick Henry Game (AJ Brown 3-45 on 4 Targets)

- Week 14: 2 of 4 for 34yds -- AJ Brown Official takes over - 5-153-2 TDs (91yarder)

- Week 15: 3 of 6 for 57yds -- AJ Brown 8-114-TD on 13 TARGETS(!)

-Week 16: 3 of 4 for 40yds -- Concussion Protocol (AJ Brown 1-34yds on 2 Targets)

- Week 17: 4 of 5 for 44yds -- 13 completions on the day for Tannehill (AJ Brown also had 4 receptions...but for 124yds and a touchdown)

- Wildcard vs. NE: 0 for 2(!) -- Tannehill was 8-15 for 72 yards (AJ Brown 1-4yds)

- Divisional vs. Balt: 1 catch for a 3yd TOUCHDOWN from Derrick Henry -- Tannehill was 7-14 for 88yds (AJ Brown 1-9yds)

- AFC Championship vs. KC: 5 of 8 for 65yds -- led in Targets, Receptions, Yards (AJ Brown 3-51yds)

*In one less game AJ Brown had only 15 more targets and 9 more receptions

**Davis had Top Corner Coverage most the year

***Davis Played the entire year with a Toe Injury that would require offseason surgery 

2020: Year Four -- Full Year in the system for Tannehill with AJ Brown garnering much of the attention should help Corey Davis

- Week 1: 7-101yds on 8 Targets -- (AJ Brown 5/39yds on 8 Targets)

We'll see how the rest of the season for Davis goes, but he will be on my bench to see if he makes the 4th Year Jump...

Prediction: 72/944/6

Nice research 

Thank you 

Repost for those who missed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Davis is a beast. I’ve been very intrigued by him since he was drafted. He played Thursday night like the player he was drafted to be. I evaluate Tannehill much higher than most this season also. With Brown out, and as long as Davis stays healthy, he’s in for a great game. Davis can be a #1 WR. 

from fantasypros game analysis.  hoping with brown out, he should see a decent number of targets (7+)...

When targeted, Davis is a solid receiver. I don’t know why this is so hard to understand. Lack of targets has always been the issue with him. His two highest-targeted games during the 2019 season were seven and six targets. He totaled 7/80/1 and 6/91/1 in those games. The eight targets he saw in Week 1 were his most since Week 10 of 2018. He’s going to fall back into the lack of targets in Week 2 when they play the Jaguars, though. His primary matchup will be against their first-round rookie C.J. Henderson, who was targeted 10 times in his debut against the Colts. He allowed 5/58/0 on those targets, had three pass breakups, and one interception. It’s safe to say he looked good.

Went 3/5/36 with a TD in first game without Brown. TD is nice, but it's not very encouraging to me that he didn't get more targets while being the supposed #1 option at WR. 

Yes Tannethrill only attempted 24 throws, but that's not all that uncommon for this team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Drewfus said:

Went 3/5/36 with a TD in first game without Brown. TD is nice, but it's not very encouraging to me that he didn't get more targets while being the supposed #1 option at WR. 

Yes Tannethrill only attempted 24 throws, but that's not all that uncommon for this team. 

The TD was nice and him being Titans best outside WR by far without Brown is also nice. Davis tied for the target lead in Week 1 fwiw -- If Tannehill has to throw it 30+ times Davis will have a big game. I like those odds against the Vikings. matchup 👍  opportunity 👍  he's a top-25 WR this week

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

The TD was nice and him being Titans best outside WR by far without Brown is also nice. Davis tied for the target lead in Week 1 fwiw -- If Tannehill has to throw it 30+ times Davis will have a big game. I like those odds against the Vikings. matchup 👍  opportunity 👍  he's a top-25 WR this week

very true - feel like he's a game script dependent WR2 - in games we think they'll trail or be in shootouts i think Davis can/will have monster games.

They played from ahead and smith being a go to in the red zone dings Corey's value a bit.  He's gonna have to get points in the intermediate areas and on long catches more often than not.  we got lucky he got that nine yard td too.  This vikings game could be a shootout or they could be playing with a lead just depends on what Cousins shows up.

Maybe not enough targets if titans decide to run all over them which will limit Corey, he’s definitely an interesting FLEX play this week if AJ is out again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leopard said:

Maybe not enough targets if titans decide to run all over them which will limit Corey, he’s definitely an interesting FLEX play this week if AJ is out again. 

Henry will always be the issue, especially with the TDs. Everyone and their mother is calling for a regression in the Titans passing game as they get Henry more involved, which is pretty likely outside of him having a bad season or something. As they year carries on, and the weather gets colder, everyone knows what the Titans will do. AJ Brown was relevant due to his big play ability and YAC; assuming everyone is healthy I doubt this Titans offense can sustain two fantasy relevant options in the passing game.

Edited by LongBalls

Just now, LongBalls said:

Henry will always be the issue, especially with the TDs. Everyone and their mother is calling for a regression in the Titans passing game as they get Henry more involved, which is pretty likely outside of him having a bad season or something. As they year carries on, and the weather gets colder, everyone knows what the Titans will do. AJ Brown was relevant due to his big play ability and YAC; assuming everyone is healthy I doubt this Titans offense can sustain two fantasy relevant options in the passing game.

i think what you have to think about here is the titans trying to open up the passing game this year more than trying to just rely on the run game...they can win games with the run but they need an improved passing game to complement it..only makes sense in a pass happy nfl....look at week 1 where davis had his best game...it is very possible that you can get wr 2 value for him throughout the rest of the year...even when brown comes back he is always going to be on the field due to his solid run blocking which means he will always have an opportunity for looks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Power-O said:

i think what you have to think about here is the titans trying to open up the passing game this year more than trying to just rely on the run game...they can win games with the run but they need an improved passing game to complement it..only makes sense in a pass happy nfl....look at week 1 where davis had his best game...it is very possible that you can get wr 2 value for him throughout the rest of the year...even when brown comes back he is always going to be on the field due to his solid run blocking which means he will always have an opportunity for looks

analysis, shmanalysis ... i'm here to compliment you on using complement correctly. 

🎳

• Haha 2