urban2014

Corey Davis 2020 Outlook

40 minutes ago, Power-O said:

i think what you have to think about here is the titans trying to open up the passing game this year more than trying to just rely on the run game...they can win games with the run but they need an improved passing game to complement it..only makes sense in a pass happy nfl....look at week 1 where davis had his best game...it is very possible that you can get wr 2 value for him throughout the rest of the year...even when brown comes back he is always going to be on the field due to his solid run blocking which means he will always have an opportunity for looks

The schedule is pretty forgiving so I could see it. The Pittsburgh game will be very telling in terms of where the passing game is currently, and whether they'll be able to rotate away from Henry's super heavy late-season usage.

11 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

The TD was nice and him being Titans best outside WR by far without Brown is also nice. Davis tied for the target lead in Week 1 fwiw -- If Tannehill has to throw it 30+ times Davis will have a big game. I like those odds against the Vikings. matchup 👍  opportunity 👍  he's a top-25 WR this week

Hope so because he's now my wr2 with Chark and Shepard out 😒

as an owner of brown and davis, i just can't get excited about this guy even with brown out.

Just now, pierceNKC said:

as an owner of brown and davis, i just can't get excited about this guy even with brown out.

the game is canceled bro lol 

1 minute ago, pierceNKC said:

Brown will be back next week. 

drop city here. 

Just now, pierceNKC said:

He hasn't been exciting. Most likely will have value all season though as a flex play depending on matchups. I mean he is the WR23 through three weeks in my league...

Just now, Jetdog16 said:

He hasn't been exciting. Most likely will have value all season though as a flex play depending on matchups. I mean he is the WR23 through three weeks in my league...

he had a good week 1 with brown in the game...i think brown coming back is good for him...if teams try to take away brown davis should do well

Just now, Power-O said:

he had a good week 1 with brown in the game...i think brown coming back is good for him...if teams try to take away brown davis should do well

A healthy A.J. Brown absolutely helps Davis get more open looks. But it could cut into Corey's targets a bit going forward so it all washes out. I do think Davis continues to hold value -- especially with injuries, bye weeks and Covid coming up. Sucks to hold him this week through the cancellation though.

• Like 1

the emergence of Jonnu, Brown coming back ... the spectre that is King Hendry ... dunno, fellas - this is a yuuuuge leap of faith here, considering. 

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

the emergence of Jonnu, Brown coming back ... the spectre that is King Hendry ... dunno, fellas - this is a yuuuuge leap of faith here, considering. 

Agree completely -- but I'm not expecting Davis to go through a DeVante Parker 4th year leap or anything. Too much competition for targets. Flex value from the bench?? Yeah, I'm seeing it. 

Just now, Jetdog16 said:

Agree completely -- but I'm not expecting Davis to go through a DeVante Parker 4th year leap or anything. Too much competition for targets. Flex value from the bench?? Yeah, I'm seeing it. 

fair enuff on that count ✌

50 minutes ago, Power-O said:

the game is canceled bro lol 

bro - everyone knows that. it was a general comment.

any fellow brown holders continuing to hold on to davis to see if aj is really back next week?  would really like to cast this guy back onto the ww.

1 hour ago, herschel said:

any fellow brown holders continuing to hold on to davis to see if aj is really back next week?  would really like to cast this guy back onto the ww.

Was just thinking the same thing.

I've run into all kinds of issues with the TN/PIT game along with injuries. With Davis now basically on bye, AJ back and then facing BUF next week he may be a drop for me. 

I'm thinking Corey might be a good start this week in deeper leagues. Especially if AJ Brown is back and Tre'Davious White is covering him. Davis showed up as PFF's 8th highest-grade WR so far.

The big reason why Davis rings in at No. 8 here is how well he has performed against single coverage. His grade on such matchups is the sixth-best in the league, as he has hauled in three of four contested opportunities against single coverage and 10 of 13 altogether for 120 yards and a score. 

Davis’ route tree this year really hasn’t been diverse — he’s seen multiple targets on only three routes — but he has clearly been dominant on those. This is kind of surprising considering the route he has been targeted on the most (crossers) had been his Achilles’ heel in the past. He has caught six of eight crossers for 93 yards and a 90.5 receiving grade. In his three years prior, Davis had just 17 catches on 27 crossers en route to a lowly 64.4 receiving grade.

Week 1 (w/ AJ Brown): 7 catches, 101 yards

Week 2 (w/o AJ Brown): 3 catches, 36 yards, 1 TD

Week 3 (w/o AJ Brown): 5 catches, 70 yards

I think he has a fairly solid floor.

• Like 3

Humphries probably isn't back this week, bit of a boost for Corey.

Drop him if you got him. Who knows at this point he may miss the week after too. Try to pick him up when he returns though cause I like his ROS outlook as a solid flex option.

15 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

Drop him if you got him. Who knows at this point he may miss the week after too. Try to pick him up when he returns though cause I like his ROS outlook as a solid flex option.

I am definitely holding....then again, our top WRs available in free agency are Cordarrelle Patterson, Adam Humphries, Nelson Agholor and Damiere Byrd.

I really think Corey has turned a page. He just needs to get the ball thrown his way.

But yes, he'll likely miss the next two weeks, I presume.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

It’s always something with this dude... smh.

Week 13.....alien abduction.

Return...TBD

Edited by this guy right here