urban2014

Corey Davis 2020 Outlook

A.J. Brown missed practice today because of a knee issue after practicing in full yesterday so Davis could become relevant again if the knee issue lingers.

19 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

A.J. Brown missed practice today because of a knee issue after practicing in full yesterday so Davis could become relevant again if the knee issue lingers.

He's relevant now, it's just he's more of a WR3. If Brown is out this weekend I'd consider starting him as a WR2, He was looking real good before he missed a couple of games from Covid. 

First game back from being on the Covid 19 list. Brown's playing, it's Pitt in Pitt. He looked good in game #1 (the only game with both him and Brown both on the field?), but probably not a great start today, right.

15 minutes ago, The G Man said:

First game back from being on the Covid 19 list. Brown's playing, it's Pitt in Pitt. He looked good in game #1 (the only game with both him and Brown both on the field?), but probably not a great start today, right.

Nope. But definitely worth a stash and see. 

If he can solidify himself as the WR2 on that team, he has a WR3/flex role in fantasy for sure. He looked great those first few games before COVID. 

Watching this guy play is weird..

He has all the talent in the world, even dominating guys like Gilmore last season but for some weird reason he has never maximized it yet.

What could be the issue here?

I like him. I think he could have a solid second half as a WR2. 10 targets in his first game back against a good D.

We're on the Cincinnati!

29 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

Is this the year Corey Davis is finally trustworthy?

Until you decide to trust him it is.

Came into this season and tried to zig where others zagged. Figured that Davis had been an overall disappointment, but he has shown flashes of brilliance before and his college tape is obviously strong. I have to say, color me impressed.

We all know that Brown isn’t 100% - totally get that. But Tannehills propensity to spread the ball around is a massive boost to Davis, coupled with the team playing in plenty of close games. In an ideal scenario? I think TEN would still prefer to run Henry 30 times and control TOP. But that hasn’t been a possibly scenario, so Davis has continued to be involved.

Im not hinting that he is all of a sudden a WR1. He’s definitely a WR3/FLEX with upside in most formats. But you could definitely do worse. He deserves to be universally owned at this point, especially in the midst of some brutal bye weeks. 

• Like 1

Well that was great, plugged him in hoping for 10 points, maybe 15.

I'm probably going to hold, will sit him next week though.

sometimes it take a few years for the light to go on....he has the skills, size and speed - good hands too

Edited by Big Tuna

2 hours ago, Big Tuna said:

sometimes it take a few years for the light to go on....he has the skills, size and speed - good hands too

It also helps that he has an awesome WR next to him in AJ Brown, and a QB who can throw it better than anyone he has played with. Corey Davis is a WR2 ROS in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Solid Bye Week or injury replacement WR

Run first offense + AJ Brown + Jonnu with Davis? inconsistency R Them #havefun

4 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Solid Bye Week or injury replacement WR

Run first offense + AJ Brown + Jonnu with Davis? inconsistency R Them #havefun

Davis been pretty consistent this year tbh 

22 minutes ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

Davis been pretty consistent this year tbh 

AJ Brown was hurt, Jonnu Hurt as well

2 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

AJ Brown was hurt, Jonnu Hurt as well

No. Brown was only out week 2 and 3 and Jonnu has been playing every week. We’re supposed to knock Davis for performing consistently all year because other players around him may be dinged up, yet they are still playing in the games ? Again... no.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2020 at 11:01 PM, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Davis is this year's DeVante Parker. Had Parker last year and things similar this time around. Now if AJ Brown were to get hurt....

hehehe called it

AJ     Brown: 5 games 39 targets 27 receptions 354 yards 5TDs

Corey Davis: 5 games 39 targets 29 receptions 369 yards 3TDs

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

No. Brown was only out week 2 and 3 and Jonnu has been playing every week. We’re supposed to knock Davis for performing consistently all year because other players around him may be dinged up, yet they are still playing in the games ? Again... no.

Jonnu got hurt early in week 6 and arguably was a Decoy week 7, Not knocking Davis which is what people always revert to, its acknowledging thus far the Titans have been all over the map health wise, COVID stuff, no preseason etc

We don't get points he's already scored, he's been a solid guy if you played him every week thus far that he's been healthy so kudos to him and those who capitalized, however with the team rounding into form health wise moving forward I don't see too much reason for optimism

WR's have developed late before, but I think there are more factors supporting him regressing than continuing his current pace, maybe he will but id bet against it 

Edited by kmoore1521

im gonna try to bid big for him, will be a pretty good flex player going forward. love the targets the most. 

42 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Jonnu got hurt early in week 6 and arguably was a Decoy week 7, Not knocking Davis which is what people always revert to, its acknowledging thus far the Titans have been all over the map health wise, COVID stuff, no preseason etc

We don't get points he's already scored, he's been a solid guy if you played him every week thus far that he's been healthy so kudos to him and those who capitalized, however with the team rounding into form health wise moving forward I don't see too much reason for optimism

WR's have developed late before, but I think there are more factors supporting him regressing than continuing his current pace, maybe he will but id bet against it 

So Jonnu was just a decoy this week too? Going by this logic you’re saying you believe players who are dinged up and are being deployed as decoys will suddenly recover while still playing every week and gain full health and then also outproduce a healthy Corey Davis? I just don’t understand that thinking. Corey will be a WR2 ROS and a great FLEX option. Targets have been steady throughout the crazy circumstances all year and this year won’t stop being crazy this week, expect more of the same. Not only have targets been steady but they are INCREASING.

Edited by BxBOMBERs28

9 minutes ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

So Jonnu was just a decoy this week too? Going by this logic you’re saying you believe players who are dinged up and are being deployed as decoys will suddenly recover while still playing every week and gain full health and then also outproduce a healthy Corey Davis? I just don’t understand that thinking.

What? was he coming off an injury? was he missing practice all week and questionable heading into the game? No, so not sure how you cant see the difference there my man

seem to be going off the rails a bit, moving on

• Haha 1

Upcoming schedule looks rough but Davis is pretty damn consistent. Safe floor with a nice ceiling. Yahoo saying this guy is nothing more than a WR4 is a joke. I drafted OBJ and Chark. Neither have consistently given me double digit games every week they've played. 

12 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

What? was he coming off an injury? was he missing practice all week and questionable heading into the game? No, so not sure how you cant see the difference there my man

seem to be going off the rails a bit, moving on

No idea what points you’re making here either my man so we’re in the same boat of confusion it seems. 

Jonnu practiced all week you’re correct there was no injury tags on him... proving my point that he is not hurt. Therefore he was not used as a decoy this week and Corey still saw 8 more targets than Jonnu. So what points are you making here exactly? That Jonnu needs to get more than 100% health in the next few weeks to then gain more targets to eat into Davis’s production? You were arguing that future targets are going to be different. I’m asking how and you talk yourself in circles. Moving on!

Edited by BxBOMBERs28