Sign in to follow this  
gbill2004

Who is this years Lucas Giolito?

Bartolo could do it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2020 at 10:12 AM, mavsfan23 said:

A few others that fit the top prospect who struggled that has a chance to put it together, Taijuan Walker, Alex Reyes, Dylan Bundy, Justus Sheffield. I have very little confidence in any of them actually doing it outside of Bundy and even he is a long shot. 

My favorite is probably Corbin Burnes if he gets a spot in the rotation. 

Good list that fits the "Giolito profile". Reyes could do it he wasn't broken all the time. 

I wish Rodon would do it, but he breaks like Reyes and has command issues. 

Keller (as mentioned earlier) is actually a good choice too. His ERA was horrific last year.

Edited by 2ndCitySox

2 hours ago, dorsett33 said:

Forrest Whitley...watch him dominate.  Its coming....

Whitley hasn't failed at the MLB level as of yet.

3 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Whitley hasn't failed at the MLB level as of yet.

Good thing too: When he does he will make Giolito's start of career look Cy Young level

How about Spencer Turnbull?

Lost a LOT of games last year.. BUT has some good stuff and started off pretty good. 
This will be just his second full year in the majors.. I know he wasn't a top prospect like Giolito.. but Stranger Things...

I really, really like Frankie Montas this year.  I think he will have a huge season and a major upward trajectory to his career.  He's nasty and underrated in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Coach George said:

I really, really like Frankie Montas this year.  I think he will have a huge season and a major upward trajectory to his career.  He's nasty and underrated in my opinion.

has a career sub-4 ERA and was 9-2 with a 2.63 ERA and almost a 9 K/9 statline last year until he was suspended.. who is underrating him? Not seeing any struggles there. But yes, he should bounce back and I won't be surprised if he finished close to 200K's/3.5ish ERA.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

has a career sub-4 ERA and was 9-2 with a 2.63 ERA and almost a 9 K/9 statline last year until he was suspended.. who is underrating him? Not seeing any struggles there. But yes, he should bounce back and I won't be surprised if he finished close to 200K's/3.5ish ERA.

According to NFBC he's the #32 pitcher off the board on average.  I think that is ridiculously low for his talent and ability level.  He's improved his body significantly...I think he's a steal considering that he's going outside the top 100.

I don't care about how much he can dead lift, but his body looks great in this video.

Edited by Coach George

23 minutes ago, Coach George said:

According to NFBC he's the #32 pitcher off the board on average.  I think that is ridiculously low for his talent and ability level.  He's improved his body significantly...I think he's a steal considering that he's going outside the top 100.

I don't care about how much he can dead lift, but his body looks great in this video.

Just hope he keeps the PED's out of his system this time.

• Like 1

If his arm holds up, and that a big if with the angels, i can see Canning turning it around. He's gotten a better manager and pitching coach to work with this year. Plus he has the stuff to dominate, 4 above average pitches with good command.

Kopech is another name to watch for.

Bundy might be a rebound guy, from what i've hard in Spring Training 1.0. His Fb was hitting in the mid 90s constantly.