AirForceOne

Allen Lazard 2020 Outlook

5 hours ago, ukdesi said:

I'm thinking of dropping him for L Shenault, J Kelley or B Edwards........not only MVS hype, they also signed Robert Foster yesterday, and in the end just not sure anyone will emerge as a true #2 wr----seems more likely it will be spread out over a number of guys behind D Adams

I'd rather take a chance on one of those guys above to "emerge"

Robert Foster is on the PS and literally only MVS is a threat to Lazard to take time at #2. I don't expect Lazard putting up huge numbers but he is going like last round in drafts. I will gladly take him over rookie WR's...

13 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Wow no love for Lazard?

I spent weeks trying to get people to come around to him on page 1.

Didn't move the needle for nearly anyone. 

Whatever. Their loss. I guess mine too. I benched him. But my WRs are freaking STACKED this year. 

Adams played 70 snaps, Lazard played 68 FYI. This is 2020s Packers WR2. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Like 3

Don't know enough on him but hopefully mvs takes a step back. Gonna take some time to see him become the CLEAR wr2 but worth a bench stash at least as WRs are dropping like flies

I scooped up both MVS and Lazard.  Starting neither but based off that first game I do know that I want the WR2 of this attack.  Any previous owners who can offer insights on either player?  In watching the games I saw MVS with two gimme catch drops.  Rodgers also went his way on the long bombs on plays where the defense jumped offsides. 

11 minutes ago, YoungDro said:

I scooped up both MVS and Lazard.  Starting neither but based off that first game I do know that I want the WR2 of this attack.  Any previous owners who can offer insights on either player?  In watching the games I saw MVS with two gimme catch drops.  Rodgers also went his way on the long bombs on plays where the defense jumped offsides. 

Gotta start Lazard vs DET. Coleman got hurt and Trufant with a gimp hamstring.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I spent weeks trying to get people to come around to him on page 1.

Didn't move the needle for nearly anyone. 

Whatever. Their loss. I guess mine too. I benched him. But my WRs are freaking STACKED this year. 

Adams played 70 snaps, Lazard played 68 FYI. This is 2020s Packers WR2. 

Great insight. I snagged him with my last pick. I think people were down on the GB passing game as a whole this season for some reason. Lazard isn't that fast but he runs good routes,  gets open, gets separation and is the #2 option in a capable offense which features one of the best QB's of our generation.  

• Like 1

lazard king. dude looks like devin bookers cousin. hopefully can channel bubble dbook's mentality.

• Like 1

How do we feel about Allen Lazard if Adams is out on Sunday vs the Saints? He was in for 89% of the snaps and was in slot 27 times for Week 1 and even got a running play, not sure the numbers for week 2. MVS also had a couple of bad drops in week 2. 

I’d like to get the hype train rolling...

Edited by daethfromabove1979

On 9/25/2020 at 1:39 PM, daethfromabove1979 said:

How do we feel about Allen Lazard if Adams is out on Sunday vs the Saints? He was in for 89% of the snaps and was in slot 27 times for Week 1 and even got a running play, not sure the numbers for week 2. MVS also had a couple of bad drops in week 2. 

I’d like to get the hype train rolling...

Im wondering the same thing. I think he has a decent chance to have a solid game. Valdez-scantling will get the downfield throws but I feel like Lazard will be the possession receiver of the game. He’ll get a lot of targets running routes between 8-15 yards.

1 hour ago, warriorathlete21 said:

Im wondering the same thing. I think he has a decent chance to have a solid game. Valdez-scantling will get the downfield throws but I feel like Lazard will be the possession receiver of the game. He’ll get a lot of targets running routes between 8-15 yards.

I’m guessing Lattimore would be covering MVS on the outside so Lazard could see a lot of action from the slot.

While he hasn’t assumed a featured role, as Lazard, Cedrick Wilson also broke big yesterday. One of more polished receivers when he came out, but not a lot of meat on the bone. Bought into the Cowboys conditioning program & it’s starting to pay dividends! Crowded stable, it’ll be tough this year, so a player you’d have to carry, but in keeper & dynasty, bing! If you missed on Lazard, Wilson’s also an excellent add, though, more long-term. 

10 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

While he hasn’t assumed a featured role, as Lazard, Cedrick Wilson also broke big yesterday. One of more polished receivers when he came out, but not a lot of meat on the bone. Bought into the Cowboys conditioning program & it’s starting to pay dividends! Crowded stable, it’ll be tough this year, so a player you’d have to carry, but in keeper & dynasty, bing! If you missed on Lazard, Wilson’s also an excellent add, though, more long-term. 

Interesting take in the Lazard thresd

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

and alot of action from that slot he did see.. what a great game for this guy with another nice matchup in potential shoot out with the Falcons

Did not realize that he was that fast. When I was doing some research and watching video of him this offseason, he looked like a good route runner, but looked extremely slow. If he can stretch the field like this, watch out. He could've had three TD's in week 3. He ran out of steam and got tackled inside the 5 after the long bomb from Rodgers during one drive and then on another drive during a free play, Rodgers found him in the back of the end-zone, but the DB blatantly grabbed one of his arms and got called for the PI.

Things definitely looking up.

[...] after that game, may be one of the top WW guys. Good game young man...

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

think rodgers is back and if adams is back, lazard should settle into a decent flex/wr2

12 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Why no hype? Could be a WR2 ROS

Im guessing it’s because there hasn’t been a WR2 on Green Bay in so long. Lazard looks pretty solid and Rodgers seems to trust him though. He’s not coming out of my lineups for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

I'm hyped. He's looked awesome so far. I think Adams should help get him more open too. Might see less targets but will be more open

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, yanksman said:

Because when Adams is healthy everything goes through him.

Lazard only got 9 targets (combined) in the first 2 weeks. Simply not enough to be a WR2/3, even in a good offense. 

I hope it changes because I have him on multiple teams. If he starts getting 7-9 targets per game he will be a very nice asset. 

Edited by SpartanEric

12 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Because when Adams is healthy everything goes through him.

Lazard only got 9 targets (combined) in the first 2 weeks. Simply not enough to be a WR2/3, even in a good offense. 

I hope it changes because I have him on multiple teams. If he starts getting 7-9 targets per game he will be a very nice asset. 

Still week 1 was a pretty good game for him. Week 2 was all Aaron Jones. Even Adams didn't do much.

Dude is capable of making BIG plays. Rodgers is going to trust him even more from here on out. He achieved WR1 status in the absence of Adams and he’s clearly more versatile than 1 trick pony MVS. I think he’s a must start this week vs the Falcons regardless if Adams suits up or not. Might even start him over DJ Moore this week.