AirForceOne

Allen Lazard 2020 Outlook

12 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

Do they even have another wr rostered lol. Calling Antonio Brown lol

Was planing on using either him or Julio Monday night and now might have neither. Got 2 good week from him ugh

I know he is listed as a RB on yahoo, but Tyler “swervin” Ervin will be used a lot more. Small size but he did run routes with the WRs in camp. They like him a lot but he is small gadget type player

• Thanks 1

Anyone hearing about timetable from a legit source? Is he a drop now for sure? 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Derrius Shephard out there getting some snaps...he's a guy that might fly under the radar and be a popular add in deep leagues after this week.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Derrius Shephard out there getting some snaps...he's a guy that might fly under the radar and be a popular add in deep leagues after this week.

Looking at snap counts. Lazard was seemingly on the field for every snap the first three weeks. MVS was on the field for 92% of the snaps in week 3. Looks like Shepherd was the only other receiver to get any other significant snaps in week 3 at 37%. In week #1 with a healthy Adams and Lazard, MVS received 54% of the snap count.

Total speculation here, but it seems as if the big winner here might be MVS. He should be on the field nearly every down.

Shepherd could be a sneaky play/add if he can get 60%+ snap share, but Pack uses a lot of 2 WR sets it looks like. 

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/snap-counts/green-bay-packers-snap-counts

Pack have a bye week in week 5. Definitely a good time to add a WR and have them quarantine and learn playbook. So you could make an argument that the biggest winner probably isn't on roster yet. Brown? Bryant?

Edited by nonstopfan

21 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Looking at snap counts. Lazard was seemingly on the field for every snap the first three weeks. MVS was on the field for 92% of the snaps in week 3. Looks like Shepherd was the only other receiver to get any other significant snaps in week 3 at 37%. In week #1 with a healthy Adams and Lazard, MVS received 54% of the snap count.

Total speculation here, but it seems as if the big winner here might be MVS. He should be on the field nearly every down.

Shepherd could be a sneaky play/add if he can get 60%+ snap share, but Pack uses a lot of 2 WR sets it looks like. 

https://www.lineups.com/nfl/snap-counts/green-bay-packers-snap-counts

Pack have a bye week in week 5. Definitely a good time to add a WR and have them quarantine and learn playbook. So you could make an argument that the biggest winner probably isn't on roster yet. Brown? Bryant?

Auden Tate may be available from Cincy too and he was a healthy scratch in Week 2.  Big body guy 6'5'' 228

I think there’s a very good chance they trade for a WR next week needing into the bye. They have a good chance of making a playoff run.

1 hour ago, UcanTry said:

Do they even have another wr rostered lol. Calling Antonio Brown lol

Was planing on using either him or Julio Monday night and now might have neither. Got 2 good week from him ugh

Lol. We’d line up Mason Crosby at WR before bringing in Antonio. 

• Thanks 1

i'm not dropping him, my bench is 7 players deep in our league. i planned on using him on bye weeks anyways when i first drafted him. if he struggles after returning, i'll reconsider...but rodgers loves him, and that's enough to make me hold. 

Cant imagine anyone wanting Dez Bryant.  Dude hasnt played football in 3 years.  

Posted (edited)

ARob trade? CHI still hasn't paid that man...

edit: mostly in jest. Wouldn't happen from a division rival. Just wishful thinking as an ARob owner.

Edited by JAG_challam

4-6 weeks, optimal recovery is 6-8. So, I think that's about Week 9 on the optimistic end of things. Plus he needs maybe a game or two to get into game shape. Could be a nice late season asset.

• Like 1

Stashing Lazard in my IR slot. He might be back by week 11 or 12, giving him a couple weeks to warm up before fantasy playoffs.

Nice to hear he’s beginning his rehab. Appearing he may be back on the shorter side of his original time table.