BxBOMBERs28

Who should I take in my Dynasty Rookie Draft?? WHIR

Posted (edited)

2 QB Full PPR Dynasty league, 4pt throwing TDs, 6pt Rushing/receiving TDs. We start 2QB,3WR,2RB,1TE,2Flex
I have the 4th overall pick in the first round who should I take?? I have info from league mates that leads me to believe 100% the top 3 picks will be CEH, Taylor and Dobbins... assuming those 3 RBs are gone and I have my pick of the rest of the rookies who would you take?? Here’s my team: 

starters 

QB- Mahomes / Stafford 

WR- AJ Green / Darius Slayton/Mecole Hardman

RB- Saquon / Chubb 

TE - Gesicki 

Flex- Preston Williams / Anthony Miller 

Bench

NKeal Harry , Robby Anderson, Curtis Samuel 

Boston Scott, Justin Jackson

Dallas Goedart 

Im thinking my best options are:

Cee Dee Lamb, Joe Burrow or DeAndre Swift...

what do you guys think after analyzing my team? Would you choose one of those 3 rookies or somebody else for my squad? My WRs could use Lamb and I also think Lamb is a very special talent at WR but I could also take Burrow to have 3 QBs and have my second young QB ready to replace Stafford... or I can try to add depth to my RBs with Swift what do you think?  Leave a link and I’ll help with yours thanks!! 

Edited by BxBOMBERs28

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

Im thinking my best options are:

Cee Dee Lamb, Joe Burrow or DeAndre Swift...

It's clear to me you don't need a QB, certainly not at pick #4. You do need a WR. Your RBs are godly studs, but to be fair you can never have too many RBs.

I'd go CeeDee Lamb or Cam Akers (I have him rated a bit higher as I think he will be immediately relevant but of course Swift is great too).

Edit: I'd missed you play 2QB. Still, I'd skip a 1st round QB as you're pretty set, and see if you can pick up a cheaper rookie later.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

The buckeye state 

He’ll be taken in front of me. Taylor CEH and Dobbins will go then it’s my pick 

Burrow is so tempting. I feel like my WRs kind of need Lamb but maybe I’m being too paranoid about my WRs and they’ll be fine 

Burrow can help this year and is a top 10 dynasty asset in a 2QB format imo. Don't worry about needs right now. Is there any way you can get back into the middle-to-late 1st? Might be worth it depending how draft falls? I love Ruggs both as an instant WR2 for this year and with his ceiling for the future.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Burrow can help this year and is a top 10 dynasty asset in a 2QB format imo. Don't worry about needs right now. Is there any way you can get back into the middle-to-late 1st? Might be worth it depending how draft falls? I love Ruggs both as an instant WR2 for this year and with his ceiling for the future.

I was toying with the idea of moving back... are you a Burrow over Tua guy? 

3 minutes ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

I was toying with the idea of moving back... are you a Burrow over Tua guy? 

I certainly am. Burrow did things on the field last year that were almost other-worldly. His football intangibles are off-the-charts imo, knowing where to go with the ball in a complex system and his ball placement/accuracy lead me to believe he will make an impact immediately in the NFL. Tua seems like he will need a year to adjust and possibly get healthy, I just worry about his availability year-in and year-out.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don't know how you can pass on Barkley.    Or even Miles Sanders who proved himself last season. 

Heck, for that matter as long as the "rookie" tag is flexible, what about Mahomes from a few years ago?

Edited by K197040

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I don't know how you can pass on Barkley.    Or even Miles Sanders who proved himself last season. 

I have the 4th overall pick in the rookie draft. That team I posted is my current dynasty  team I’m looking to add to it. I’m asking which rookie do you think I should take?
It’s a 2 QB league... CEH, Taylor and Dobbins are off the board already 

Edited by BxBOMBERs28

1 hour ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

I have the 4th overall pick in the rookie draft. That team I posted is my current dynasty  team I’m looking to add to it. I’m asking which rookie do you think I should take?
It’s a 2 QB league... CEH, Taylor and Dobbins are off the board already 

Wait...what?   So you can't take rookie Barkley from the 2018 draft?  Or Mahomes from 2017?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Wait...what?   So you can't take rookie Barkley from the 2018 draft?  Or Mahomes from 2017?

I already have them but you know now that you mention it.. taking them again seems wise 

Edited by BxBOMBERs28
  • Like 1

I am actually pretty shocked that in this format Burrow wouldn't be #1 overall with a bullet. I guess it depends on how many teams?

I have had one rookie draft back in early May and now have another one that starts tmrw...14 teams PPR with a SuperFlex spot, Burrow will assuredly go #1 overall and Tua won't slip out of the top 5 imo. QBs are very difficult to acquire there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I am actually pretty shocked that in this format Burrow wouldn't be #1 overall with a bullet. I guess it depends on how many teams?

I have had one rookie draft back in early May and now have another one that starts tmrw...14 teams PPR with a SuperFlex spot, Burrow will assuredly go #1 overall and Tua won't slip out of the top 5 imo. QBs are very difficult to acquire there.

It’s a 10 teamer. It is a bit shocking Burrow can go #4 in our draft this year. It’s a combo of how deep this draft is plus basically 1 team traded up top for the first 3 picks in our draft and wants to stack RBs ( he already has Lamar and Kyler too) he spilled the beans to me. So I can game plan a bit. At first I was leaning CeeDee but I think I may be moving on to Burrow now. I like Stafford but he is risky and Burrow seems like such a safe pick to replace him as a top QB for a long time. He reminds me a bit of Tony Romo 

Edited by BxBOMBERs28

1 hour ago, hockeyfan77 said:

I think you really need help at WR: I would go with CeeDee Lamb

I can’t say you’re wrong lol I do really believe in some of my young upsidey WRs like Hardman, Preston, Slayton, Miller and Harry. Im thinking AJ will bounce back enough to stabilize my WRs   but I could be wrong. If I did take Burrow I could always trade Stafford for a WR I’m thinking too.. 🤔. Taking Burrow could give me a young stud qb to pair with mahomes while also creating a trade chip... or I can attack my weakest area with Lamb.

Yeah Staffy was having a pretty great season until he broke his back. If he continues to light it up, you should be able to fetch a good WR for him. Either way, it will be pretty nice to rotate him or Burrow based on matchups throughout the season, and you could still trade back into the late 1st or early 2nd and nab a Ruggs or Reagor too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah Staffy was having a pretty great season until he broke his back. If he continues to light it up, you should be able to fetch a good WR for him. Either way, it will be pretty nice to rotate him or Burrow based on matchups throughout the season, and you could still trade back into the late 1st or early 2nd and nab a Ruggs or Reagor too.

Having 3 QB would be a nice luxury. Im pretty sure I can get Deebo and the 9th overall for my 4th overall. Take Burrow? or trade for Deebo and get a Reagor or at 9? 

Edited by BxBOMBERs28

5 hours ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

Having 3 QB would be a nice luxury. Im pretty sure I can get Deebo and the 9th overall for my 4th overall. Take Burrow? or trade for Deebo and get a Reagor or at 9? 

I'd personally take the luxury and gain the very solid chance at having 3 top 10 QBs...but I am not a draft for need type either. Clearly your WRs lack, but Lamb, Ruggs or Reagor or not putting you over the top in 2020. You can gain much more equity in this format imo. Burrow is the top player available and you get him at 4th overall, big win.

• Thanks 1