Flyman75

Keep Hunt or Guice...or neither?

Posted (edited)

Keeper league, 12-team, half PPR, everything else traditional scoring-wise. Positions: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR, WR/TE, Def. 

We have rounds attached to our keepers, and they lose a round each season. As an example, I kept Kamara as an 11th rd keeper last season and will keep him as a 10th rd keeper this season (because of where he was drafted as a rookie). Kamara and Mark Andrews are two definite keepers for me in rds 10 and 9, respectively. 

As a third keeper, would you keep Kareem Hunt as a 6th rd keeper or Derrius Guice as a 5th rd keeper? Between the two, it seems like Hunt is the easy pick. He should be able to carve out a role and be a lower RB2 in fantasy, with potential for more if Chubb gets hurt. And there's word that Hunt could see time as a slot WR. Plus he's an UFA at the end of the 2020 season and could be a great keeper as a 5th rd RB in 2021. But if Guice explodes this year, he could be a great 4th rd keeper in 2021. 

Or would you pick Door no.3 and keep neither one? 

Oh and FYI, I have no 5th rd pick, so if I kept Guice, I'd either have to use my lone 4th rd pick or trade for a 5th. ETA...just remembered that I traded for the 6.01 pick, and the guy who owns the 5.12 pick has already agreed to swap his 5.12 for my 6.01 if I decide to keep Guice...so getting a 5th would be easy. 

And I have two 6th rd picks, so if I kept Hunt, I'd still have another 6th rd. 

Edited by Flyman75

Posted (edited)

I would keep Hunt good value and if Chubb goes down he is a league winner

Edited by hockeyfan77
  • Thanks 1

Def keep Hunt, he has some standalone flex value and is a RB1 if anything befalls Chubb, and he also could become very valuable as a 5th next if he signs into a feature back role in a good situation!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hunt & it's not even close! Guice is made of glass and one more big hit and injury away from his NFL career ending. 

Edited by Rush2112

5 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

would you keep Kareem Hunt as a 6th rd keeper or Derrius Guice as a 5th rd keeper? Between the two, it seems like Hunt is the easy pick.

Fully agree. I'm really interested to see how the Browns will use Hunt in a receiver role.

• Thanks 1

hunt especially sense you can keep him next year when he should get a featured roll. helps win now and sets you up nicely next year

• Thanks 1

Thank you for all the answers. You guys affirmed where I was already leaning :)

• Like 1