Sign in to follow this  
Ryan13

Nate Pearson Trade *DYNASTY*

He offered..

My Nate Pearson FOR

Lance McCullers 

Tyler Glassnow

Deivi Garcia

Seems like a nobrainer, but I got Pearson for a dollar in minors draft, would be a steal for the rest of time and the guys i'm getting was had for decent prices. Regardless of salary thinking it might be too good to pass up.

Posted (edited)

Can you win NOW?

In my opinion, in Dynasty, if you've got a long term asset like a Pearson at a strong price you only move it in a 1 for many trade IF you can significantly improve your chances of victory this year.  Often, there are only 4-5 teams that really have a chance at winning the league each year.  If something like this only moves your roster into maybe territory, I'm hesitant.

Also, I know in my league we're not playing for money this year.  Winning is entirely for fun, so I'm not burning any good bullets to push myself over the top this year personally.

Edited by Heretic
ETA Prize comment

1 hour ago, Ryan13 said:

He offered..

My Nate Pearson FOR

Lance McCullers 

Tyler Glassnow

Deivi Garcia

Seems like a nobrainer, but I got Pearson for a dollar in minors draft, would be a steal for the rest of time and the guys i'm getting was had for decent prices. Regardless of salary thinking it might be too good to pass up.

Seems decent offer.  Try to get someone better than McCullers though.  Yes Pearson is a big name prospect but Tyler Glasnow is young and has become a budding ace thanks to TB coaches in part.  Glasnow has gotten through the MLB Blues young pitchers sometimes never get through.  Who knows with Pearson.  You can hope Pearson just skips that part in his career but you never ever know with top rated pitchers.  Glasnow seems like on the verge of becoming a top tier pitcher now so I'd take him. 

Just don't like McCullers in the deal too much.  Garcia is decent throw in IF you have the roster space to do a 3 to 1 trade. Maybe ask for a 2 for 1 and try and get someone better than the Deivi/McCullers duo.  If the other guy wants Pearson so badly he offers Glasnow he might bite.  No harm in asking.

I usually don't do quantity over quality but I don't see this as one.  I think Glasnow is just as good as Pearson is hoped to be but already almost there and I have seen too too many top rated pitching prospects not live up to their hype.  Glasnow didn't at first either but he rediscovered himself thanks to getting out of Pittsburgh.  (Remember only a couple years back Glasnow WAS the Pearson of that year as the big hyped prospect).

Also wasn't Pearson injured early in his minor league career and there were some worries for him down the road?  Can' remember the details but I may have him mixed up with someone else.  Just asking.

I like Pearson, but Glasnow imo is close to ace material

Pearson for Glasnow is pretty much an even deal: not big on the other two pieces so I probably wouldn't do the deal unless I got something else in return

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Also wasn't Pearson injured early in his minor league career and there were some worries for him down the road?  Can' remember the details but I may have him mixed up with someone else.  Just asking.

Yes Pearson has an extensive injury history

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/blue-jays-nate-pearson-suffers-broken-ulna/

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Seems decent offer.  Try to get someone better than McCullers though.  Yes Pearson is a big name prospect but Tyler Glasnow is young and has become a budding ace thanks to TB coaches in part.  Glasnow has gotten through the MLB Blues young pitchers sometimes never get through.  Who knows with Pearson.  You can hope Pearson just skips that part in his career but you never ever know with top rated pitchers.  Glasnow seems like on the verge of becoming a top tier pitcher now so I'd take him. 

Just don't like McCullers in the deal too much.  Garcia is decent throw in IF you have the roster space to do a 3 to 1 trade. Maybe ask for a 2 for 1 and try and get someone better than the Deivi/McCullers duo.  If the other guy wants Pearson so badly he offers Glasnow he might bite.  No harm in asking.

I usually don't do quantity over quality but I don't see this as one.  I think Glasnow is just as good as Pearson is hoped to be but already almost there and I have seen too too many top rated pitching prospects not live up to their hype.  Glasnow didn't at first either but he rediscovered himself thanks to getting out of Pittsburgh.  (Remember only a couple years back Glasnow WAS the Pearson of that year as the big hyped prospect).

Got another offer 

His-Paddack/marquez/gurriel jr

For my-Pearson/Baez

29 minutes ago, Ryan13 said:

Got another offer 

For my-Pearson/Baez

No

Glasnow better then paddack, and I like paddack

Dont want a Rockie pitcher

Javier Baez? No

27 minutes ago, HOOTIE said:

No

Glasnow better then paddack, and I like paddack

Dont want a Rockie pitcher

Javier Baez? No

Marquez as in the Cubs top prospect 

8 minutes ago, Ryan13 said:

Marquez as in the Cubs top prospect 

I still stick with Baez end.

What happened to the glasnow offer?

3 hours ago, Ryan13 said:

Got another offer 

For my-Pearson/Baez

That's a big downgrade as an offer

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ryan13 said:

Got another offer 

For my-Pearson/Baez

I agree that's a no.  I like Lourdes Gurriel Jr a lot so I'm fine if you could get him and Glasnow for Pearson.

7 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I agree that's a no.  I like Lourdes Gurriel Jr a lot so I'm fine if you could get him and Glasnow for Pearson.

He offered..

My Nate Pearson/Baez FOR

Lance McCullers 

Tyler Glassnow

Luis Patino 

This route i get back a monster of a prospect. Thinking first is still probably better. 

3 hours ago, Ryan13 said:

He offered..

My Nate Pearson/Baez FOR

Lance McCullers 

Tyler Glassnow

Luis Patino 

This route i get back a monster of a prospect. Thinking first is still probably better. 

And lose BAEZ

Pass

4 hours ago, Ryan13 said:

He offered..

My Nate Pearson/Baez FOR

Lance McCullers 

Tyler Glassnow

Luis Patino 

I'd tell him either Glasnow and Patino or Glasnow and Lourdes for Pearson period.  Don't give up Baez.

40 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I'd tell him either Glasnow and Patino or Glasnow and Lourdes for Pearson period.  Don't give up Baez.

I agree with this 100%

5 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Ended up with this trade

My Nate Pearson/Alex Kirilloff FOR

Lance McCullers 

Tyler Glassnow

Luis Patino 

Gave up 2 prospect studs, but got a piece to win now and another nice prospect.

• Like 1