colepenhagen

16 team draft tonight WHIR

Recommended Posts

16 team redraft, full ppr, 6 pt pass td

1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 3flex, 1te

 

hate 16 teamers but need to do a real league. 8 team playoffs, top 4 cash so just need to win one playoff game

any draft ideas? ik starting 7 wr/rb i will be weak in a couple of positions. so best available wr heavy seems safer. also like the idea of getting a solid qb. will probably punt te.

cmc, barkley, thomas, mahomes seem like the front 4? build a team around solid wr core for full ppr, and get a 2nd tier qb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never played in any double digit number league before not a fan of those, just draft the solidest team you can good luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

starting 7 wr/rb

That's 112 of those already, meaning even guys that have 40-50 touches and 500 yards are relevant, even worse during the byepocalypse.

I have some 14 team leagues, including a dynasty, and during the season you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel, especially for RBs. Make sure you have plenty of darts.

What did you end up with?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

That's 112 of those already, meaning even guys that have 40-50 touches and 500 yards are relevant, even worse during the byepocalypse.

I have some 14 team leagues, including a dynasty, and during the season you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel, especially for RBs. Make sure you have plenty of darts.

What did you end up with?

pretty brutal. was hoping for more wr depth and some more upside but didnt work out. got decent core and brees fell into my lap. also made a room/impluse 2nd qb and grab stafford for safety/trade chip.

qb brees

wr m thomas 1.7 (mahomes and jackson went before)

wr godwin (kelce went right before)

rb akers (decide to gamble and swing for the fences here was debating hunt)

rb cohen (reached in mid 70's not much left felt semi safe in full ppr)

te ertz (i have a te problem. passed on juju)

flex vaughn need some upside and some ppr floor not bad rb3

flex duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke. not sure if dj will eat all the rec.

flex sammy

 

bench-perriman, fitz, stafford, oj howard, hamler, gore, fitzmagic, dion lewis.

Edited by colepenhagen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

36 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

wr m thomas 1.7 (mahomes and jackson went before)

wr godwin (kelce went right before)

rb akers (decide to gamble and swing for the fences here was debating hunt)

rb cohen (reached in mid 70's not much left felt semi safe in full ppr)

Sounds very reasonable to me in a league that large. Good luck!

Stay active during the season, constant scouting will be key and you may need to take earlier action than you would do in a smaller league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

should i drop fitzmagic and handcuff brees with winston? winston should be solid if brees goes down. fitzmagic doesnt really hold much value to me as my qb3 but he is starting and might start all year depending on tua. seems a bit premature to drop a starting qb. but brees/winston, and stafford seems better for my team. then again stafford does down and i wouldnt have a backup for brees/winston by week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

should i drop fitzmagic and handcuff brees with winston? winston should be solid if brees goes down. fitzmagic doesnt really hold much value to me as my qb3 but he is starting and might start all year depending on tua. seems a bit premature to drop a starting qb. but brees/winston, and stafford seems better for my team. then again stafford does down and i wouldnt have a backup for brees/winston by week

Honestly, I would wait a bit

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Honestly, I would wait a bit

agree thanks.

 

what about m thomas and perriman 4 julio and cooper (not high on julio at all but have to think starting both them is better than thomas sammy/perriman/fitz)

really like hill and was thinking hill and andrews 4 thomas and oj howard (he owns gronk as well as andrews) but feel cooper at flex >>> andrews. but hill>julio imo

Edited by colepenhagen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone that has played in a higher stakes 16 team league since 2000 and several other 16 team dynasty leagues, you are looking just fine.

Things get so different in the middle and esp late rounds in that setup. The wire in the early season is so critical.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

agree thanks.

 

what about m thomas and perriman 4 julio and cooper (not high on julio at all but have to think starting both them is better than thomas sammy/perriman/fitz)

really like hill and was thinking hill and andrews 4 thomas and oj howard (he owns gronk as well as andrews) but feel cooper at flex >>> andrews. but hill>julio imo

I would hold on to Thomas too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly Id consider the Thomas/Perriman for Julio/Cooper. That looks like a good deal in a 16er

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can not fathom the need to own 3 qb in a 16 team league. I rather have a rb dart like mcfarland or antonio gibson over fitzmagic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, isuckatdfs said:

I can not fathom the need to own 3 qb in a 16 team league. I rather have a rb dart like mcfarland or antonio gibson over fitzmagic.

well gibson went 10th rd 155overall and mcfarland 189 overall vs fitzmagic rd 16 250 overall.

im open to suggestions for dart throws at pick 250 ha

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

well gibson went 10th rd 155overall and mcfarland 189 overall vs fitzmagic rd 16 250 overall.

im open to suggestions for dart throws at pick 250 ha

 

I'd drop Fitz for a dart toss RB too...some of my deep dive favs that should be available:

JaMycal Hasty SF, Eno Benjamin ARZ, Raymond Calais TB, James Robinson JAC...

Maybe Jordan Wilkins from IND if he can play his way onto a different team/better situation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.