Nothing else to do, why not a best ball.

10 Team PPR Best Ball Format - QB:WR:WR:RB:RB:FLEX:K:D Snake Draft Pick 1.01

QB: Matt Ryan, Jimmy G, Sam Darnold

RB: C.McCaffrey, Marlon Mack, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, KeShawn Vaughn

WR: Julio Jones, Cooper Kupp, Odell Beckham, Preston Williams, Sammy Watkins, Denzel Mims

TE: George Kittle, Jack Doyle, Will DIssly

K: Cheifs/Packers

D :Vikings/Seahawk

My only complaint is that I went an extra receiver instead of another RB. Probaby could have waited on Kittle and taken a RB there. Otherwise I think its fine if RB can muster up 2 decent players a week.

29 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

My only complaint is that I went an extra receiver instead of another RB.

Actually yes, I was thinking exactly the same. Especially during bye-week-palooza, with a couple injuries you're suddenly stripped pretty naked.

The other thing I thought (but I've never played Best Ball, so I may be wrong) is that I don't see the typical Best Ball heroes, the extreme boom/bust guys, maybe with the exception of Sammy "Aliens" Watkins and OBJ. For instance, Darnold and Jimmy G are probably fine in redraft, but in Best Ball I'd try to find a guy like Daniel Jones who gets 4 TD one game and gets destroyed the next.

Any return yards in this format btw? (looking at your players I'm gong to assume not)

• Like 1

Or 2 defenses & kickers, drop those extra ones for more RB's 

1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

No, that actually makes sense in best ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

No, that actually makes sense in best ball.

Yeah I pretty routinely take 2 kickers and at least 2 Ds...often times 3 Ds

10 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Actually yes, I was thinking exactly the same. Especially during bye-week-palooza, with a couple injuries you're suddenly stripped pretty naked.

The other thing I thought (but I've never played Best Ball, so I may be wrong) is that I don't see the typical Best Ball heroes, the extreme boom/bust guys, maybe with the exception of Sammy "Aliens" Watkins and OBJ. For instance, Darnold and Jimmy G are probably fine in redraft, but in Best Ball I'd try to find a guy like Daniel Jones who gets 4 TD one game and gets destroyed the next.

Any return yards in this format btw? (looking at your players I'm gong to assume not)

Yea, I kinda went with guys i like for the year not necessarily picking the boom bust guys. Another rook move.

Im hoping to get 2 solid RBs of all the rookie darts I threw. I think McCaffrey will be fine.

No return yards for this league.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

You need 2 of each since this is best ball. You would get 0 for 2 weeks without a backup. Ive never seen teams come close to winning without an extra K or D.

5 hours ago, Coprolagnia said:

I don't think you need 3 TE either

I could have probably gotten by with just Doyle/Kittle. I usually get 3 since I wait on TEs pretty late. The problem is if one goes down you are relying on just 1 TE the whole season. Its gotten me in trouble before. Plus doyle is pretty old.

I am good with the 2 Ds and 2 Ks in bestball but with Kittle 3 TEs aren't necessary IMO

Is this dynasty? I am guessing yes

For this year the team has talent BUT:

To me your WRs are old and you should be looking to make a run right now by upgrading your RB2 spot

I would try to sell the Vaughn hype--maybe to the Rojo owner and get a win now piece like Mostert.

Jordan Howard is another guy I like to put up a sneaky low RB2 year

If you want to swing higher on the totem pole then I'd package Vaughn with Preston and a future 2nd and see if a decent RB comes available.

Not the biggest Preston fan--just can't see a player with UDFA capital keep the WR2 role in the offense with all the draft picks the Dolphins still have

1 hour ago, mocha4313 said:

Is this dynasty? I am guessing yes

Best Ball, so that explains a number of the choices he made.

• Like 1

Just now, Boudewijn said:

Best Ball, so that explains a number of the choices he made.

I thought there were dynasty leagues in best ball as well as redraft ones. Is it just a redraft thing?

1 minute ago, mocha4313 said:

I thought there were dynasty leagues in best ball as well as redraft ones. Is it just a redraft thing?

Ah really? I always saw Best Ball as a sort of hit&run lottery ticket thing, you draft and then forget about it until week 16 (or whenever) and hope you hit the jackpot. I didn't think you could get the commitment you need for Dynasty.

I mean, if you can't trade or fuss about your weekly lineups, will you still be interested in the same team a year later?

7 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

7 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Ah really? I always saw Best Ball as a sort of hit&run lottery ticket thing, you draft and then forget about it until week 16 (or whenever) and hope you hit the jackpot. I didn't think you could get the commitment you need for Dynasty.

I mean, if you can't trade or fuss about your weekly lineups, will you still be interested in the same team a year later?

This one is just redraft which does explain some of my choices. The rookie RBs started falling so I thought I’d just yolo a bunch of them and hope a couple stick. I only need 2 RBs a week and I’m pretty confident in CMC. So it’s just one other dart I really need to hit. 

I picked the 3rd TE in case of injury but I’m thinking I should have either not picked dissly/mims for another RB dart 

thanks for the feedback. We should get into a league sometime

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

This one is just redraft which does explain some of my choices. The rookie RBs started falling so I thought I’d just yolo a bunch of them and hope a couple stick. I only need 2 RBs a week and I’m pretty confident in CMC. So it’s just one other dart I really need to hit. 

I picked the 3rd TE in case of injury but I’m thinking I should have either not picked dissly/mims for another RB dart 

thanks for the feedback. We should get into a league sometime

I would love to do this, I'm in one league with some guys on Roto, would love to add another